+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leveling Roles

Soulwalker

Default Leveling Roles

Hey All,

I'm fairly new to Rift(just upgraded my Trial to a full Collector's Edition account after 2 trial days) and so far I'm loving it. I've played most of the classes up to about 10 and really love the Rogue the most. I've gotten to level 25 as a melee Assassin/Nightblade/Ranger(which I'm thinking about changing too). I love the dungeons but they take sooo long to pop up as DPS I was thinking of trying out a more needed role.

Can anyone recommend either a Riftstalker or Bard build for lower levels? I've seen level 50 builds, do you normally just scale those down? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Griff

Champion

Bladedancer, Riftstalker, and Assassin. Yes, you can scale them down based on what core abilities you can reach at a given level and I would recommend doing this because many of the rogue players that would be giving you advice about leveling builds didn't level with many of the awesome abilities you have now. The two most important abilities are rift scavenger and deadly dance. Other notable talents/skills are turn the tide, magnify pain, leeching poison, and the rift barrier/ruthless stalker/stalker phase/shadow mastery permanent telebuffing combo. Get what you can when you can because you really can't go wrong as long as you have scavenger, deadly dance, and don't play like a fool.
    Last edited by rennlc; 11-13-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by rennlc View Post
    Bladedancer, Riftstalker, and Assassin. Yes, you can scale them down based on what core abilities you can reach at a given level and I would recommend doing this because many of the rogue players that would be giving you advice about leveling builds didn't level with many of the awesome abilities you have now. The two most important abilities are rift scavenger and deadly dance. Other notable talents/skills are turn the tide, magnify pain, leeching poison, and the rift barrier/ruthless stalker/stalker phase/shadow mastery permanent telebuffing combo. Get what you can when you can because you really can't go wrong as long as you have scavenger, deadly dance, and don't play like a fool.
    Yep this is what I've been doing. As you level you start to just get more and more durable. I'm 47 now and I feel as long as I don't jump into a pile of elites I'm going to live. I've been doing quests with mobs 3 above my level for a while now. I was also able to solo the daily in moonshade highlands to kill the level 40 elite mobs at level 39 (with some cooldowns and luck).
    Last edited by Letskissbro; 11-14-2011 at 08:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread