+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I need a morale boost

Default I need a morale boost

I got to the point where I am seriously considering unsubbing. I think Rift is the best MMO on the market, but I am too frustrated by not being able to play Assassin at a competitive level.

In PvE Assassin was never competitive, but just a support soul only useful to boost the main role. In PvP we were never able to kill anything but low rank undergeared players until 1.5 patch was released. After a couple of weeks from the release though, we were back to square one and with 1.6 we will be sent back to the pit of uselessness.

Any encouraging thoughts?

Koe

Uh, Assassin is one of our best melee DPS souls and completely viable for 9/11 HK fights.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Uh, Assassin is one of our best melee DPS souls and completely viable for 9/11 HK fights.
    Unless your guild needs you interrupting or doing AOE (basic functions any other melee dps can perform)

(Gear)

well. compared to 1.5..1.6 will be bringing a slight dps increase for the assassin. well, if you have the Synergy Crystal..and the 32 points in assassin for the asstalker build is basically everything good out of the sin tree combined with a few other trees.

but i to love the assassin and the gentle assassin is what rift has. The assassin I imagine has like 5-6 different bleeds with numerous poison capabilities. Having Serpent Strike so far in the assassin root is what boggles me. They really need to bring it down in the root, or actually put it in the tree in the place of Slip Away and move Slip Away into the root at 51 points.

I am currently playing around with a heavy bleed spec that utilizes a Deadly Dance Spike Charge bleed, in combination with the 3 other bleed, dot type skills out of the sin tree. Compared to rotations out there, this one requires precise timing. Will see..
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Our best melee DPS soul... that does not mean we are competitive with other souls and classes. Actually, quite the opposite, as our melee DPS souls suck, with maybe the exception of NB.

In PvP we can only hide and run after failing to kill an equally geared x, where "x" is any other player who is not playing Assassin.

When 1.5 finally comes out rogues are gonna be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    When 1.5 finally comes out rogues are gonna be awesome!
    At least you make me laugh. Thank you and thanks for all your posts with great tips and advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangelus View Post
    I got to the point where I am seriously considering unsubbing. I think Rift is the best MMO on the market, but I am too frustrated by not being able to play Assassin at a competitive level.

In PvE Assassin was never competitive, but just a support soul only useful to boost the main role. In PvP we were never able to kill anything but low rank undergeared players until 1.5 patch was released. After a couple of weeks from the release though, we were back to square one and with 1.6 we will be sent back to the pit of uselessness.

My encouraging thought is that 1.6 will probably drive a bunch of people to jump ship to mage, which means, lots of mages, lots of new mages. And Assassin specs completely eat mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    My encouraging thought is that 1.6 will probably drive a bunch of people to jump ship to mage, which means, lots of mages, lots of new mages. And Assassin specs completely eat mages.
    I used to always solo pvp as assassin, mages are the hardest class to take down. Well played chlorolock with high renown are near impossible to take down, unless something has changed?
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Plane Walker

I stuck with Rogue from beta till now. I never even leveled an alt (and I been playing since early access).

I gave up. I am finally competitive in raids so I can dps, but now I'm already back to bard only. I'm leveling mage got lvl 25 in 2 days...

Any no, not because Mages are OP, but because guild needs Mages (being 12/20 on Rogues is not fun! we have only 2 Mages and they are fully geared since no other mages around LOL)
    Last edited by d4bidden; 11-13-2011 at 12:38 PM.

watching this makes me happy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUNmLuNdiL8

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Plane Walker

A big morale booster for me was that swtor was pretty boring. Since it is an mmo, most of your choices just dont matter since your cant effect the world in any way that will change things for other people.
    There is a chance bioware will polish the game up quickly, but i doubt it so it comes down to rift being the only thing to play... yeah! Super big morale booster... just remeber, things could always be worse, but not much.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Archangelus View Post

Rerole warrior. PvP. Go back to your rogue and be grateful.

I know how to cheer you up, I got my diablo 3 beta acceptance today. /Happyface oh and its my birthday. But with sins... We are second class citizens, I think I will said as a 51 sin just to be a rebel, at least I will dps as well as a cleric

hehe >I feed on Rogue tears<
    Perhaps the most dominant class atm in both pvp and pve..and your complaining one branch are not as OP as the rest pff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast