+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Make the HK/R1 Crystals 15% PHYSICAL, not NON PHYSICAL Mitigation!

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    169

    Default Make the HK/R1 Crystals 15% PHYSICAL, not NON PHYSICAL Mitigation!

    We have little issues when it comes to non physical damage, our problems rest in physical damage! Why are you buffing our non physical? I need to mitigate more physical damage as a rogue tank!

    Make the HK/R1 Synergy crystal bonuses for Riftstalker mitigate physical damage instead of non-physical please!

    /sign


    Damaged@Seastone aka Decompose -- Malevolence -- Rogue -- P72

  2. #2
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    45

    Default

    No thanks... having a set bonus be our crutch to make us viable on physical fights is asking for trouble, it needs to be a base change in our mitigation, not a gear gimmick.

  3. #3
    Plane Walker Radamanthys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grapejelly View Post
    No thanks... having a set bonus be our crutch to make us viable on physical fights is asking for trouble, it needs to be a base change in our mitigation, not a gear gimmick.
    What he said.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Don't you guys think the synergy crystal bonus is silly though? Like who's idea was it to give us a non physical mitigation buff? It's definitely not on the list of things I think we lack as rogue tanks.

    And especially after the devs confirming that spell damage is not non physical damage, this is going to help with what - melee/ranged non physical attacks like in the nightblade tree -- man I sure have trouble with those when I tank. (sarcasm)

    It's sad when the warrior page has a sticky at the top for tanking feedback, 2 pages of changes and great buffs to the class when we sit around wondering when someone will understand what we exactly need.


    Damaged@Seastone aka Decompose -- Malevolence -- Rogue -- P72

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    45

    Default

    I think it's really silly to be honest. Hey guys, here's some highly situational passive rng mitigation! It needed changing because the old bonus was obsolete (as if any rogue tank is hurting for aoe threat now) but it should've been something that switches up the rotation or ands a flat buff to an active ability that's good enough to be noticed but not so good as go be required.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinical Healer View Post
    We have little issues when it comes to non physical damage, our problems rest in physical damage! Why are you buffing our non physical? I need to mitigate more physical damage as a rogue tank!

    Make the HK/R1 Synergy crystal bonuses for Riftstalker mitigate physical damage instead of non-physical please!

    /sign
    So you'd rather Trion take away the niche that makes Rogue tanks *always* useful for non-physical battles, so that they can continue to ***** and moan about being subpar tanks?

    Riftstalkers will always be subpar *overall* tanks, but right now, even before 1.6, they serve a purpose and fill a role.

    Be careful what you wish for, because you may not like the dish you end up served
    Last edited by Kharis; 11-14-2011 at 12:27 AM.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Do people even have a list of non physical boss battles???

    How do you even tell which bosses are heavy in non physical damage compared to magic damage?

    It's going to be our only small niche if anything at all since they're nerfing our magic mitigation, warriors will be better in that department now.


    Damaged@Seastone aka Decompose -- Malevolence -- Rogue -- P72

  8. #8
    RIFT Guide Writer Sebb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,638

    Default

    Should make 2 pc bonus a +15% deflect chance. Basically a mia culpa for horrible itemization.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

  9. #9
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinical Healer View Post
    Do people even have a list of non physical boss battles???

    How do you even tell which bosses are heavy in non physical damage compared to magic damage?

    It's going to be our only small niche if anything at all since they're nerfing our magic mitigation, warriors will be better in that department now.
    Yes. They do keep lists of these things.

    RS can tank anything up through RoS/GSB just fine. They only have issues in HK where they can't be MT for every fight. After 1.6, a well geared rogue should be just fine.

    However, warriors will always be superior for overall, all around tanking. That's the nature of having 4 different souls
    Last edited by Kharis; 11-14-2011 at 10:13 AM.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kharis View Post
    Yes. They do keep lists of these things.
    Where can I find this? Would be helpful to look at.

    I know I can tank everything up to HK fine, but my guilds in HK and I want to make more of an impact in 1.6 then currently.


    Damaged@Seastone aka Decompose -- Malevolence -- Rogue -- P72

  11. #11
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kharis View Post
    However, warriors will always be superior for overall, all around tanking. That's the nature of having 4 different souls
    And warriors will also continue to be superior dps, its the nature of having 4 different souls...

    Aka, your 4 soul arguement is total bs. Warriors are superior because the idiotic dev team doesnt work together and the group working on warriors doesnt care about balance and has decided warriors should be better than everyone else.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Trufrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    154

    Default

    This is soo sad for us rogue tanks. not only did we get nerfed in our resistance. we got a terrible 2pc. it only situational in certain fights. why can we be our anti-magic tanks like we were with a little more physical mit. i think thats all we can ask for.

    Deflect was a good idea (still needs some work)
    But we lose resis and you give us a wack synergy crystal that doesnt work on spells? WTF

    Trion please stop the madness. you can revert everthing back to 1.5 minus the deflect and i think you will still hear complaining but not as bad.
    Last edited by Trufrost; 11-15-2011 at 03:45 PM.
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trufrost View Post
    This is soo sad for us rogue tanks. not only did we get nerfed in our resistance. we got a terrible 2pc. it only situational in certain fights. why can we be our anti-magic tanks like we were with a little more physical mit. i think thats all we can ask for.

    Deflect was a good idea (still needs some work)
    But we lose resis and you give us a wack synergy crystal that doesnt work on spells? WTF

    Trion please stop the madness. you can revert everthing back to 1.5 minus the deflect and i think you will still hear complaining but not as bad.
    How about the change to guarded steel, 20% higher deflect chance is a huge change, and will increase mitigation by a lot. Although reducing the duration is going to change tho rotation (probably using blinks to keep RG up and GS as the main finisher.)

    The loss in resist is only an issue if you have less than 87 resist (37 without guardian), otherwise it does nothing or is actually better (there is an addition of a 5% reduction.)

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple Trufrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wingedarr0w View Post
    How about the change to guarded steel, 20% higher deflect chance is a huge change, and will increase mitigation by a lot. Although reducing the duration is going to change tho rotation (probably using blinks to keep RG up and GS as the main finisher.)

    The loss in resist is only an issue if you have less than 87 resist (37 without guardian), otherwise it does nothing or is actually better (there is an addition of a 5% reduction.)
    yea change everything else back cause the nerf is really stupid
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple Phantom D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trufrost View Post
    yea change everything else back cause the nerf is really stupid
    Consider it a gamble. If next raid tire will have bosses full of non-physical attacks, then this changes will hit the spot. And no new changes to Rogue tanking will be needed in the future.
    And if not, they can always be adjusted later.

    Right now players are finishing HK. Theres no need to focus on it much anymore.

    Look to the future. Lets see what it holds.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1150061&dateline=1300  793703

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts