+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: So is Nightblade going to be the "go to" spec in 1.6?

Default So is Nightblade going to be the "go to" spec in 1.6?

About to get my 3rd HK vendor piece and wondering if it's still worth buying the MM crystal... got the Double Barrelled Problem Solver and the axe from Zamira, so my weapons are about the same for either spec, but I'd rather not waste my sourcestone on something that isn't going to be "all that" any more.

Telaran

From what I understand, NB has a slight edge on MM as it stands now. NB also scales better with increased AP. I also believe this only applies to players with 4 piece HK bonus/crystal. I think 51 MM tops dps before that (though don't quote me, I haven't done much testing on the PTS).

if your raid can afford you to not interrupt/purge and the boss has no stop damage mechanics sure

soooo you could use it on

vlad
    murdantix
    maybe matron

have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Rift Disciple

and these 3 simple bosses dont need more dmg than mm can offer...

Neato, just didn't want to go buying a crystal for something that's going to be a joke spec in a week's time. The way people have been whining about MM nerfs you'd think it was the end of the world...

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    Neato, just didn't want to go buying a crystal for something that's going to be a joke spec in a week's time. The way people have been whining about MM nerfs you'd think it was the end of the world...
    not the end of the world just the end of rogues competing with warriors on the meters

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

I've seen 3600 NB parses but personally I couldn't break 3k on Sic, using epic weapons and no relic armor, but 4pc and crystal.

I have a lot more luck with the Sin and Bladedancer/riftstalker hybrids. Had some 3200 parses with those.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Almornik View Post
    and these 3 simple bosses dont need more dmg than mm can offer...
    So because the encounter doesn't "require" more dps than MM will have in 1.6, we're just supposed to sit back and take warriors dps up the @$$?

Seems like it's going to end up being Bloodstalker for any fight it's useful for, with NB on all the others, with MM thrown in if you need to be interrupting/purging.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    Seems like it's going to end up being Bloodstalker for any fight it's useful for, with NB on all the others, with MM thrown in if you need to be interrupting/purging.
    Yep but none of these will top a warrior that knows what they're doing and has equal gear.

Edit: None of these will "compete" with a warrior that knows what they're doing and has equal gear.
    Last edited by thedrummmmer; 11-11-2011 at 01:11 PM.

I'd say no one knows. With HK crystals in limited supply almost everyone used them for MM. Once people can collect more there'll be a ton more feedback on different dps builds.

My hunch on how it will pan out is Sin-RS and MM will still be tops. I don't think NB will be competitive... there's no way the little buff they added will add 1k dps, it's pulling 3k or a little higher now and warriors are pulling over 4k with relic. With relic I'd guess NB will pull maybe 3400.

Alternatively, I'm working on a completely new spec that might be competitive.... with other rogue specs.
    Last edited by Mayi; 11-11-2011 at 01:48 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Plane Touched

"completely new spec"

I guarantee that whatever it is, someone's tried it before.
    Skiet - Kelari Rogue - Fires of Heaven - Deepwood

Thanks a lot, Daglar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    I'd say no one knows. With HK crystals in limited supply almost everyone used them for MM. Once people can collect more there'll be a ton more feedback on different dps builds.

My hunch on how it will pan out is Sin-RS and MM will still be tops. I don't think NB will be competitive... there's no way the little buff they added will add 1k dps, it's pulling 3k or a little higher now and warriors are pulling over 4k with relic. With relic I'd guess NB will pull maybe 3400.

Alternatively, I'm working on a completely new spec that might be competitive.... with other rogue specs.
    Limited supply? No. You have to grind up 100 IS for them but at least you're no longer at the mercy of ****ty RNG raid loot.

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleMagnet View Post
    Limited supply? No. You have to grind up 100 IS for them but at least you're no longer at the mercy of ****ty RNG raid loot.
    That's what I mean, once can get them outside of HK I'll be getting lots.

Some people don't have all the HK crystals on test, so really have no clue how builds pan out before buying one. If I was in that position, I'd follow the fotm spec too.
    Last edited by Mayi; 11-11-2011 at 02:25 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Telaran

It's not so much that NB will be the 'go to' spec, but that it'll be better melee dps without suicide blinks. Sin/RS will still to excellent on Murdantix with all it's closers, Sicaron, and Vladmal. NB however, with good single target and aoe, will do well in Zilas, Matron, and Grug. Sin/RS will still do more damage, but if you try keeping up your blinks you kill yourself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast