+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: So is Nightblade going to be the "go to" spec in 1.6?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    That's what I mean, once can get them outside of HK I'll be getting lots.
    You already can, i have 3 HK crystals and i have never gotten a dropped one.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Shadowlander

I'd say no one knows. With HK crystals in limited supply almost everyone used them for MM. Once people can collect more there'll be a ton more feedback on different dps builds.

My hunch on how it will pan out is Sin-RS and MM will still be tops. I don't think NB will be competitive... there's no way the little buff they added will add 1k dps, it's pulling 3k or a little higher now and warriors are pulling over 4k with relic. With relic I'd guess NB will pull maybe 3400.

Alternatively, I'm working on a completely new spec that might be competitive.... with other rogue specs.
    Assuming youre talking about Sicaron, that simply just isnt true. I hit 3460 and a guildie hit 3600 on him with NB on Wednesday and neither of us has relic weapons. With a relic and the the changes to NB in 1.6 I wouldnt doubt the numbers will be in the 3.8-4k range. Still a good couple hundred dps behind warriors, but no where near as low as youre talking about.

Plane Touched

With HK crystals in limited supply \

Someone didn't read hotfix notes! They've been for sale for 100 inscribed for awhile..

Get too testing!
    Last edited by Taraern; 11-11-2011 at 07:09 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Under the current PTS incarnation, 49/17 or a very close NB variant will be the goto spec. Under raid conditions with double 7% debuff to non-physical + substantial <30% health on target DPS time, the spec will shine.

I *think* Bloodstalker will still win for single target, but expecting the diff to be small and prone to "skill" issues.

MM will be respectable DPS with great raid friendliness/AE... kinda like Sabdancer, only with an actual single-target spec doing better DPS.
    Creator and updater of the Sin/RS Bloodstalker

RIFT Guide Writer

Murdantix - no gap closer or interrupt
    Zilas - terrible mobility hurts in this fight
    Vladmal - good
    Grugonim - good
    Molinar - no interrupt and not good for melee
    Estrode - usually done with cheesy builds
    Matron - decent but no gap closer and overcrowding melee will hurt the raid
    Sicaron - good if you are not on purge duty
    Garau - no gap closer so it's slow to switch between boss and porter, plus loss of fiery spike stacks
    Inwar Darktide - might work but other builds should work better
    Akylios - only if others can pick up the slack of interrupting

So the "go to" spec is practical in 3 fights with a couple more decent if the rest of the raid can compensate for your existence. I see myself using mm/ranger or ranger/mm variants in almost all the fights until they fix the lack of utility in rogue melee builds.

Surprisingly 49NB/17Sin sort of works for Estrode since neither of those are very detrimental.

I say sort of because I spent half the fight firing off Fiery spikes since it's incredibly melee unfriendly

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

I just gave up my Rogue.. tired of the constant changes. I main a Cleric now. They don't change Healing too much. Works for me.

Just messed around a little on test - I think NB will be our go to spec. It's parsing higher then MM now with the changes.

As for interrupts, etc... we went a while leaving that to all the warriors when everyone played sabdancer. Doesn't bother me.

Self buffed on the dummy NB is hitting 1900 (no fervor or whets), add in nightstalker and it should be decentish. Rotation is still annoying as hell - no matter what I do dusk to dawn always needs to be refreshed when scourge of darkness comes back up off CD. You can't refresh fiery with a blazing strike so fiery drops.

They really need to get rid of dusk to dawn - 60 energy channeled ability you can't cast while moving in a melee bulid has got to be the dumbest, stupidest, ******ed mechanic ever designed in an MMO. 'Wtf where they thinking' just keeps popping up in my head every time I try NB.

No matter how it parses, still won't use NB in movement heavy fights.
    Last edited by Mayi; 11-12-2011 at 08:29 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Hellebron View Post
    Surprisingly 49NB/17Sin sort of works for Estrode since neither of those are very detrimental.

I say sort of because I spent half the fight firing off Fiery spikes since it's incredibly melee unfriendly
    Uh, it's RNG but if you take the right specs it's very melee friendly. Most a melee will have to worry about is Avatar of the rift or Dancing Steel.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Uh, it's RNG but if you take the right specs it's very melee friendly. Most a melee will have to worry about is Avatar of the rift or Dancing Steel.
    We don't take cheese specs to it anymore so it's unfriendly to me, should clarify I guess.

Rift Disciple

Nightblade is held back so much by Dusk to Dawn. If either the energy cost of that ability were reduced, or Nightrage was attached to something else, it could be so much better, but it does still lose TONS of dps from target switching.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    Seems like it's going to end up being Bloodstalker for any fight it's useful for, with NB on all the others, with MM thrown in if you need to be interrupting/purging.
    And we have you to thank for it! You proud bro?

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Willovain View Post
    Nightblade is held back so much by Dusk to Dawn. If either the energy cost of that ability were reduced, or Nightrage was attached to something else, it could be so much better, but it does still lose TONS of dps from target switching.
    I don't understand why NB suffers so much from target switching. Drop 1 Fiery Spike and continue spamming. Or don't drop the fiery spike at all if it's a target that's gonna die soon. It's not like NB has to stack a proc 10 times to get a true multiplicative 20% increase.
    Last edited by Kurieg; 11-12-2011 at 11:20 AM.
    Creator and updater of the Sin/RS Bloodstalker

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Kurieg View Post
    I don't understand why NB suffers so much from target switching. Drop 1 Fiery Spike and continue spamming. Or don't drop the fiery spike at all if it's a target that's gonna die soon. It's not like NB has to stack a proc 10 times to get a true multiplicative 20% increase.
    Because you have to build up to 3 stacks of fiery spikes to get any "competitive" dps.

If you throw one at the start, that's two full rotations.

Not to mention SoD delaying that, or DtD.
    Last edited by Koe; 11-12-2011 at 11:25 AM.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

RIFT Guide Writer

NB loses about 2 seconds of damage to putting up new fiery spikes and at least 1 combo point unless switching right after SoD. Then it loses the damage again when switching back a bit later since that is how most of these fights are done.

However the bigger issue is that when you have to switch targets you also have to move to the new target. Without any gap closer that takes ages and totally gimps the damage. Zilas or Inquisitor Garau without gap closer as melee? No thanks.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    NB loses about 2 seconds of damage to putting up new fiery spikes and at least 1 combo point unless switching right after SoD. Then it loses the damage again when switching back a bit later since that is how most of these fights are done.

However the bigger issue is that when you have to switch targets you also have to move to the new target. Without any gap closer that takes ages and totally gimps the damage. Zilas or Inquisitor Garau without gap closer as melee? No thanks.
    Also, you lose a lot of DPS specifically on those fights thanks to the fact that by the time the mobs are at 30%, or have all your buffs up, they're dead or you need to switch back again.

Basically, Nightblade still has several core issues that make it not viable as a raid dps spec. Dusk to Dawn is one of the biggest. You think a Stormcaller or Sinstalker rotation is complicated? Nightblade is ten times worse, with the only reward being slightly more dps, which is still lower than a 1 button spam macro of a warrior.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast