+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Remove Backstab cooldown, change Double Cross.

Default Remove Backstab cooldown, change Double Cross.

Honestly, assassin is really in a pathetic state in PvP, its only good for gibbing low ranks and once vanish is down is completely unable to any effective damage. It is also kited horribly.

So I suggest:

1. Remove Backstab's cooldown. Yup, remove it.

2. Change Double Cross to something actually usefull for having a positional requirement

- I propose for this Increases Final Blow and Puncture damage by 20% from behind and Increases your Backstab damage by 30% on stunned targets.

Make me actually want to use assassin in PvP. Please.

P.S. Idgaf how fast low ranks are gibbed, that is a different matter of the ******edness of r1-2 vs r8, so keep it out of the thread.
    Last edited by Shadowprison; 11-11-2011 at 08:10 AM.

Sword of Telara

And, just to make me happy:

Switch the names of Advanced Flanking and Double Cross.

Advanced Flanking has barely anything to do with positioning at the moment.
    Last edited by Pink Freud; 11-11-2011 at 09:25 AM.

LOL

Dude, if you think sin is weak in pvp, you must be running some kind of extremely sub-optimal build, or just need more practice playing it. If you are getting kited it's because you don't know what you are doing.

It's extremely powerful for what it is designed to do: gank stragglers, harass healers, disrupt groups, harass stone/fang/vessel runners and solo guard flags.

If you are trying to run into a pack of enemies and brawl, yes you are going to die, because that is precisely not what heavy sin is for.

Remember, even in the middle of a warfront, you can switch roles and rebuff in the same amount of time it takes to drink your hp to full...

TL,DR: learn2play
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Quote Originally Posted by ShazzamCrucia View Post
    LOL

Dude, if you think sin is weak in pvp, you must be running some kind of extremely sub-optimal build, or just need more practice playing it. If you are getting kited it's because you don't know what you are doing.

It's extremely powerful for what it is designed to do: gank stragglers, harass healers, disrupt groups, harass stone/fang/vessel runners and solo guard flags.

If you are trying to run into a pack of enemies and brawl, yes you are going to die, because that is precisely not what heavy sin is for.

Remember, even in the middle of a warfront, you can switch roles and rebuff in the same amount of time it takes to drink your hp to full...

TL,DR: learn2play
    TL;DR you are one of those baddie R8s that thinks killing lower geared players translates into skill.

Nightblade does everything Sin does and better, clue in dude you aren't viable just because you can kill a no valor R1 inside the stun. Every other class can do that.

This hardly makes assassin overpowered, it gives them rewarded damage for their positioning. Sorry that you can't macro hero it in PvE with your 7 skill cast on one button with this change.

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/r...-09_044102.jpg

Troll.
    Last edited by Shadowprison; 11-11-2011 at 09:51 AM.

NB/RS does well because people are too stupid to counter it.

No cooldown on backstab would be nuts, it already contributes a ton of DPS. And 30% increased damage while target is stunned? Over the top.

Not sure what that screenshot is trying to prove, heavy sin isn't about topping damage done, to me it provides situational strengths around 1v1 and is excellent for that. Different specs for different goals...

Not sure what you mean by 'rolling' no valor targets, I test 1v1 builds against other P8s all the time and 51sin is a guaranteed win against some of the common specs you see running around the WFs these days.

Why are you even mentioning macro hero in pve? Your post is only talking about pvp, and my response was only about pvp...and in any case taking the cooldown off backstab wouldn't change anyone's dps macros anyway.

Anyway sorry for being hostile in my first response, I just get tired of seeing misinformed silly posts on these forums that prove nothing except the ineptitude of the player. Sin does not need a damage boost, and is a perfectly viable pvp spec. You trade some utility from other specs in exchange for superior burst out of stealth and a greatly improved and more useful stealth in and of itself. It's freaking assassin, lol.
    Last edited by ShazzamCrucia; 11-11-2011 at 10:42 AM.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

+ Reply to Thread