+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard/Ranger leveling question from a new player.

Soulwalker

Default Bard/Ranger leveling question from a new player.

Hi everyone. Im quite new to the game. My friend and I both want to level as rangers. I'll be the one with a pet. So I figured with bard added in it would be ok. Would that set up work? Its just pve questing and stuff. My plan is to pick up ranger first then bard. I dont know about the third soul just yet. Then put most in ranger to get the better pet then off points into bard. Or would it be best to focus on bard first since it provides heals? Im not very MMO savvy. I play The Sims Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Bard / Ranger works nicely together for levelling, i used that combination myself when i started and have to say it was more or less easy. Note that was on the release.
    I took Invigorated Soul 3/3 from bard and pumped rest of the points into ranger, once you reach higher level RS/BD becomes much more efficient build for levelling.

Rift Chaser

Here's my Ranger/Bard solo spec, works like a charm. Also good for duoing.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zckRk.VcbVV0Ro

Soulwalker

Thanks for the advice. I'll start from there. I guess any third soul would work. So I figure if I go half bard and ranger then I can switch the other soul around depending on the situation. Not to sure about that but I'll learn as I go along.

Soulwalker

Thanks Threx. I'll give that spec a try. I really appreciate the advice guys. By me not knowing much about MMOs the souls and specs was a bit overwhelming. Ive read alot of posts so Im learning. Thanks again guys

Telaran

I'm not sure what level you are, but around level 21 you should be able to put 13 points into Riftstalker for Rift Savanger for the healing it provides and still pump out enough damage with the rest of your points in another soul. Honestly I'd recommend this for you and your friend. It's not doable at really early levels since you need to invest 13 into RS, but from 21ish up I'd recommend any leveling build to have 13 in RS. Don't think it would work too well with a Sab build though.

40+ I did Marksman/RS/Ranger with Marksman being my main soul and basically steamrolled through everything.

Also, you can't go too wrong with a 13 RS sub leveling build. It goes well with most other souls.
    Last edited by Darkware; 11-12-2011 at 05:03 AM.

Soulwalker

Thanks Darkware. I actually hit level 20 yesterday. Can I do Marksman/RS/Ranger before level 40? Gejaan suggested RS/BD at a higher level. Am I high enough for that spec yet also? Thanks again guys for being so nice.

Plane Touched

I leveled my second rogue MM/Ranger (I changed factions). It worked out really really well for me. I just went into ranger enough to get the better tank pet then everything else into MM. Things were usually dead by the time they reached my feet from the nice DPS that you can get from MM. I like taking RS for the zero point soul for Shadow Shift.

This is what I was aiming for: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0AudR.xGsf0coz

When done right you don't really need self heals because your pet takes all the damage and you have a heal for him. Sometimes I would over pull and he wouldn't make it but by the time they managed to kill him I'd have the group just about finished anyway, so it was never a big deal. I figure the pet is just cannon fodder anyways.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Soulwalker

Thanks Nekonix. Its so many different ways to play. Its pretty fun that way too. Im actually getting the hang of it now. I shared everything with my friend. So we're having a blast trying out all of your advice.

Rift Chaser

ranger/bard is nice but can sometimes lack burst for soloing. I've had better luck with sin/ranger and nb/ranger after lvl 24 where you get the upgraded boar pet.

+ Reply to Thread