+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bard buffs raid...vs mage buffs

Sword of Telara

Default bard buffs raid...vs mage buffs

Fighting Herald last night..i notice the clover buff icon, so i take off fervor and go resist buff. Mage whispers me and says "um..would you mind not using resist buff? i have that covered" I then noticed he had some buff up that added resists. both the clover and his resist buff added slightly less than my buffs did and yet this guy gets to use his, and I am expeted to use run buff which adds NOTHING to the herald fight.

Is this standard protocol or is my mage a tool?
    why am i expected to sacrifice my superior buffs for his weaker ones.

I guess I should be asking my rogue class lead who is an amazing bard but hes out of town right now and I am curious. thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Chovie; 11-10-2011 at 04:21 PM.

you'll never ever use resi buff as bard in a raid.

ability cost reduce and sometimes speed - but never ever resi or armour, this is indeed the archonts job.
    Last edited by Kakyo; 11-10-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Thing is, archons get a buff on themselves for every raidbuff they keep up, if I recall correctly. So, all other things being equal, I would indeed prefer the archon to cast their buff over the bard casting theirs.

Our rationale for using clover over fervor is that the difference is minor, so why not have both runspeed and cost reduction. Not sure how that stands up from a min-maxing point of view, just throwing it out there.

And yes, non-stacking buffs suck if it's your soul's main function.
    veni, vidi, risi.

Sword of Telara

Thanks for the answers, even tho it was the answer i didnt wanna hear. At first i really enjoyed barding. Now IM starting to see why no one wants to do it. This soul needs some attention from the devs...I wont hold my breath tho.

Koe

Uh, use fervor until you need to run out of the circle, switch to speed, then switch back to fervor once he's back on the ground.

Edit: Also, there can be no clover icon while you have fervor up.
    Last edited by Koe; 11-11-2011 at 08:30 AM.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Sword of Telara

yeah , I was just told when i see the clover to not use fervor, so i figured resist was the only other usefull buff for that fiight. didnt know there was another class capable of providing ALL my buffs

screw it, Ill just keep run speed up then

that was my first time on herald, i dont really remember the specifics of the encounter or strat except that runspeed never seemed necessary or beneficial. he went down. i guess thats all that matters.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Chovie View Post
    yeah , I was just told when i see the clover to not use fervor, so i figured resist was the only other usefull buff for that fiight. didnt know there was another class capable of providing ALL my buffs

screw it, Ill just keep run speed up then

that was my first time on herald, i dont really remember the specifics of the encounter or strat except that runspeed never seemed necessary or beneficial. he went down. i guess thats all that matters.

No, fervor is superior to clover.

On herald, use Fervor until he rises in the air--Then switch to run speed. Switch back once he lands.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

There are two cases that I see here, from a Mage point of view. Either your raid's "Archon" is a Chlorochon, which is bad, or you have another Mage in the group who is some variation of Chloromancer.

Assuming case number 1:

You should ask him why he has at least 32 points in Chloromancer when he should be 51 in Archon for raid buffs. Chlorochon is a perfectly acceptable build for 5 mans, but in a raid setting Burning Purpose, the 51 point Archon ability, is far more useful to the raid than any healing he might be tossing out. Besides, if your raid team is hurting that badly for another raid healer, a Chlorolock would do a far better job, or any sort of -icar Cleric. Simply put, if he has anything less than 51 points in Archon and he's supposed to be your raid's Archon, he's doing it wrong. If he wants to heal that's what Chlorolock, or straight up Chloromancer, are for, and those builds do the job a lot better.

As mentioned earlier, Archons gain power based on how many buffs they have out. Specifically, this applies only to the Aura spells (Shared Vigor, Tempered Armor, Vitality of Stone, Arcane Aegis and Burning Purpose). So he's not gaining anything by having any other buffs up, including Living Energy (the clover icon). In fact, he's hurting the raid by preventing Anthem of Fervor from going up, on top of not being a 51 Archon.

In short, to answer your earlier question, your Mage is a tool.

Assuming case number 2:

Find the healing Mage and ask him to turn off Living Energy. If needed explain that Anthem of Fervor is a better buff.

+ Reply to Thread