+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: So now that Warriors are Pulling 4.2k dps on Sicaron

Default So now that Warriors are Pulling 4.2k dps on Sicaron

well i figured I would copy the warrior post so maybe we can *****, moan and groan about them being so OP like they did to get our IQS nerf/EM Nerf.

There threadhttp://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...murdantix.html

So can we please stop saying that Rogues are Top Single Target DPS, when the warrior got his relic to match the relic that the rogue has and now that warrior is top ST.

Maybe we can get these god awful Nerfs reversed. Trion, you guys are making one huge mistake.

REASONS
    1) You are Nerfing a soul combo, when that combo isn't doing better dps than warriors.
    2) You are singling out a dot tick that procs EM, when other callings have this same type of mechanic.
    3) You are demeaning everything that the Rogue stands for
    4) We are suppose to be the dps class, we have more dps souls than all callings
    5) Why are we the class that gets treated like the step kids.

Nightblade, Bladedancer, Saboteur, Assassin, Ranger, Marksman and the 20 Points into Riftstalker

Thats a total of 326 points that are aimed at making the Rogue Calling a DPS machine. What logic is that.

so with all that said.. I don't think warriors should be able to do that much dps with only 4 dps souls. They didn't think we should do that much at range.

Clerics only have 4 dps souls, so warriors should be doing the exact same dps that clerics do..That's that.
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Spungey View Post
    well i figured I would copy the warrior post so maybe we can *****, moan and groan about them being so OP like they did to get our IQS nerf/EM Nerf.

There threadhttp://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...murdantix.html

So can we please stop saying that Rogues are Top Single Target DPS, when the warrior got his relic to match the relic that the rogue has and now that warrior is top ST.

Maybe we can get these god awful Nerfs reversed. Trion, you guys are making one huge mistake.

REASONS
    1) You are Nerfing a soul combo, when that combo isn't doing better dps than warriors.
    2) You are singling out a dot tick that procs EM, when other callings have this same type of mechanic.
    3) You are demeaning everything that the Rogue stands for
    4) We are suppose to be the dps class, we have more dps souls than all callings
    5) Why are we the class that gets treated like the step kids.

Nightblade, Bladedancer, Saboteur, Assassin, Ranger, Marksman and the 20 Points into Riftstalker

Thats a total of 326 points that are aimed at making the Rogue Calling a DPS machine. What logic is that.

so with all that said.. I don't think warriors should be able to do that much dps with only 4 dps souls. They didn't think we should do that much at range.

Clerics only have 4 dps souls, so warriors should be doing the exact same dps that clerics do..That's that.
    1. MM was OP and needed to come down some way (a ranged spec should not equal or exceed a melee spec on a melee friendly fight).
    2. The crystal nerf alone probably would have been enough, the IQS nerf was unnecessary and turns the MM rotation into a snorefest.
    3. Rogue melee souls need some love. More specifically they need to fix blinks and possibly increase Rogue melee ST dps(unsure of this). Also, they need to drastically increase the amount of AoE dps that melee Rogues are capable of so that they are competitive with Warriors.
    4. If you're truly concerned with class balance and not just your selfish desires, youll stop asking for the MM crystal nerf to be reverted ( the IQS nerf I can understand), and start asking for Trion for #3.
    Last edited by Poochymama; 11-10-2011 at 04:10 PM.
    And the answer to this ridiculous balance pendulum was always "just purge them!" - Rizaz

selfish desires, lulz. melee is so hard, omgz.

If I had selfish desires, I would want just me...nobody else, only me to have 10k dps on every fight. yes i'm so selfish.

All you gotta do is click the back button twice on the page your reading now, then click the "Warrior" thread and you'll see an entire list of em.

When people say, "I can only do 2 roles in the game, so I should be the best at it"..guess that's not selfish

but yeh, 1.6 will be fun. So fun. I'd rather see a mage out parse both of us. So then the forums will be flooded. (this is a selfish desire, bee tee dubz)
    Last edited by Spungey; 11-10-2011 at 04:23 PM.
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Spungey View Post
    selfish desires, lulz. melee is so hard, omgz.

If I had selfish desires, I would want just me...nobody else, only me to have 10k dps on every fight. yes i'm so selfish.

All you gotta do is click the back button twice on the page your reading now, then click the "Warrior" thread and you'll see an entire list of em.

When people say, "I can only do 2 roles in the game, so I should be the best at it"..guess that's not selfish

but yeh, 1.6 will be fun. So fun. I'd rather see a mage out parse both of us. So then the forums will be flooded. (this is a selfish desire, bee tee dubz)
    It's not about melee being easy/hard, it's about certain fights catering to melee and others catering to ranged. Melee should win on the fights that cater to melee, and Ranged should win on the fights that cater to Ranged. The good thing about Rogues is that they can choose between melee or ranged depending on the encounter.

I also agree with your statement about Warriors wanting to be the best tanks and dps. That is a selfish desire, and most reasonable Warriors aren't asking for that. That also doesn't change the fact that wanting 51 MM to equal or exceed the top melee specs on melee friendly fights like Sicaron is also a selfish desire.

Like I said in my first post. You should be complaining about Rogues gimmicky melee specs and general lack of AoE and utility. At least if you truly are concerned with overall class balance.
    Last edited by Poochymama; 11-10-2011 at 04:37 PM.
    And the answer to this ridiculous balance pendulum was always "just purge them!" - Rizaz

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Poochymama View Post
    It's not about melee being easy/hard, it's about certain fights catering to melee and others catering to ranged. Melee should win on the fights that cater to melee, and Ranged should win on the fights that cater to Ranged. The good thing about Rogues is that they can choose between melee or ranged depending on the encounter.

I also agree with your statement about Warriors wanting to be the best tanks and dps. That is a selfish desire, and most reasonable Warriors aren't asking for that. That also doesn't change the fact that wanting 51 MM to equal or exceed the top melee specs on melee friendly fights like Sicaron is also a selfish desire.

Like I said in my first post. You should be complaining about Rogues gimmicky melee specs and general lack of AoE and utility. At least if you truly are concerned with overall class balance.
    Wrong wrong wrong. Any player regardless of ranged or melee should be able to top the charts on any fight. AOE fights are the expection to this rule.
    Kublakan - 11/11 - Rogue
    Sig - was originally removed because it showed BOOBIES.
    LFGUILD BRO.

RIFT Guide Writer

1. MM was OP and needed to come down some way (a ranged spec should not equal or exceed a melee spec on a melee friendly fight).
    If it's both melee and ranged friendly fight then they should be equal which is very close to true on live now.

If it's a ranged friendly fight and melee unfriendly then ranged should parse higher like it does on live. The only really melee unfriendly fight is molinar though.

If it's a melee friendly and ranged unfriendly fight then melee should parse higher. There's not any outright ranged hostile bosses but grugonim mechanics with its immunity that drops stacks and messes up any advanced rotations is quite bad combined with forced movement and as a result top 10 is almost all warriors.

I really don't understand why people think ranged should automatically do less dps than melee. There are a lot of mechanics that hurt ranged as well and being in melee is not at all that dangerous or difficult as some try to make it out to be especially if you have a build that has the proper tools for it like warriors do. As if "dodging" those waves on akylios with way of the mountain is so demanding for example.

2. The crystal nerf alone probably would have been enough, the IQS nerf was unnecessary and turns the MM rotation into a snorefest.
    3. Rogue melee souls need some love. More specifically they need to fix blinks and possibly increase Rogue melee ST dps(unsure of this). Also, they need to drastically increase the amount of AoE dps that melee Rogues are capable of so that they are competitive with Warriors.
    4. If you're truly concerned with class balance and not just your selfish desires, youll stop asking for the MM crystal nerf to be reverted ( the IQS nerf I can understand), and start asking for Trion for #3.
    Been asking for #3 since April. Hasn't happened yet, I'll keep asking for these ******ed marks changes to be undone and take my chances there.

Trion doesn't have a clue how to make melee rogue work, that should be obvious to anyone by now.

(Gear)

Rift Disciple

Word just like wow they increase melee ap by 20% n ranged by 10% due to melee having to run around switching n bullcrap ranged really dont have to do..=p rift should do something like this ..love ya

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kublakan View Post
    Wrong wrong wrong. Any player regardless of ranged or melee should be able to top the charts on any fight. AOE fights are the expection to this rule.
    To accomplish this you'd have to make every fight punish melee and ranged equally which would be very hard to do.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Kublakan View Post
    Wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Mechanics affect ranged and melee differently.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    If it's both melee and ranged friendly fight then they should be equal which is very close to true on live now.

If it's a ranged friendly fight and melee unfriendly then ranged should parse higher like it does on live. The only really melee unfriendly fight is molinar though.

If it's a melee friendly and ranged unfriendly fight then melee should parse higher. There's not any outright ranged hostile bosses but grugonim mechanics with its immunity that drops stacks and messes up any advanced rotations is quite bad combined with forced movement and as a result top 10 is almost all warriors.

I really don't understand why people think ranged should automatically do less dps than melee. There are a lot of mechanics that hurt ranged as well and being in melee is not at all that dangerous or difficult as some try to make it out to be especially if you have a build that has the proper tools for it like warriors do. As if "dodging" those waves on akylios with way of the mountain is so demanding for example.
    Where did I say ranged should do less than melee?

RIFT Guide Writer

Where did I say ranged should do less than melee?
    If you clearly state that MM should not be competitive on a fight that is friendly to both melee and ranged then it means you think ranged should do less than melee.

I'm guessing Trion wants to make Rogues average/bad in every aspect PvE wise. But hey this is how balance works I suppose, next time in like 1.7 they gona make mages average in every aspect and hopefully at the end of the BUFF/NERF rotation everyone's gona b happy.

Blightweald EU
    STORM
    Rogue

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Mechanics affect ranged and melee differently.
    So what you're saying is that a ranged player should be able to do the same dps if he stands in melee range... You can't just generalize certain fights to be ranged friendly and not, that makes zero sense because if that's the case all range would have to do is stand in with the melee and they should therefor garner similar results regardless of the encounter.

There are easier ways to compensate for this, by giving ranged players more burst and such, polarizing the argument is the wrong way to look at it. The 5% concept also makes for designing encounters easier. To be honest there isn't really a right answer, everyone isn't always going to be happy.
    Kublakan - 11/11 - Rogue
    Sig - was originally removed because it showed BOOBIES.
    LFGUILD BRO.

Soulwalker

I've had enough of this variations that Trion makes all the time. I really liked Marksman spec as a main DPS spec. I agree that they could nerfed either 50% EM to 30%. OOOOOR... they could've changed the IQS "bug" that made our rotations more fun and focused.

I just cancelled my subscription because of this "major, minor? MM changes"
    Im not gonna think twice, because it looks like its gonna be this way now that it will be released in a few days.. I like competing on top of DPS meter, because of doing rotations right.
    I had alot of fun playing rift for 4 months, but im gonna leave for something else to play, this is ruining the fun of MM.
    altough I did strech myself from 1.4 - 1.5 for the rogue updates. 1.6 wont hold for me with this stupid changes!

hope everyone liked my whiny post

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast