+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with my avoidance math?

Plane Touched

Default Help with my avoidance math?

So I'm attempting to figure out some numbers for avoidance now that we have deflect as Riftstalkers. For the most part Block is the same, so any feedback from any tanks would be cool, trying to sort out my avoidance math.

First of all, we're going to use 100 swings, 20% dodge, 20% parry, 40% deflect/block, law of averages, as we know 'RNG' despite how random it may or may not be, 'could' feasibly avoid everything, or nothing.

So, for starters is the dodge and parry on the same 'roll' for the swing? Or separate 'roll' with parry or dodge first?

For example, if it's on the same 'roll', you could feasibly overlap avoidance, resulting in a lower avoidance amount. 20%*20% results in 4% of the time they overlap. Now that overlap is still avoiding, but half of it is wasted because it overlapped, so 2% of your avoidance is wasted if avoidance works like this.

I want to say it ends up 62 of the 100 swings are eligible to be deflected at that point.

If it's a separate roll, first dodge/parry, then dodge/parry, the avoidance isn't 'lost' but it's literally 1-in-5 twice in a row.

If this is the method it's calculated, how would you really determine your avoidance before deflect?

I guess I need odds/math to look at if anyone out there is decent at it!

Plane Touched

I guess I'm just wondering how it's counted against raid bosses, if they have a hit table that's higher than a normal 50 mob, and if there is a chance to miss calculated into the hit table, as that would affect avoidance.

Maybe a dev could answer?

+ Reply to Thread