+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Sab procs

Shadowlander

Default Sab procs

Why don't charges exploding proc poisons or electrified munitions?

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Adams View Post
    Why don't charges exploding proc poisons or electrified munitions?
    Cuz Sab Is a Rogue Soul in a game made by Trion.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Gynxz View Post
    Cuz Sab Is a Rogue Soul in a game made by Trion.
    QQ more please

Poisons I'm not sure about, but I'm fairly sure the "issue" with Electrified Munitions is that Charges and Detonate don't count as "bow" attacks.
    Telarans on class balance: Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine. - Scissors

its not QQ. Trion has had problems defining what Sab is since the beginning. They did great creating the class but have problems with its mechanics since beta.

Some examples:
    Half of the single target rotation was a 10 targets Aoe
    Acted weird with Deadly dance since the combo points don't do damage on placement
    Synergy crystals favor Bombs which haven't been used in any rotation since beta
    Fights like Vladmal and effects like his Range damage reduction, work in some charges some of the time.

You asked why buffs from other souls don't affect Sab w/o even realizing that Sad in itself doesn't energize well.

and about your question, learn to read the skills. Charges are not applied using a weapon. (you don't shoot them with your bow/gun nor they are weapon attacks)

Telaran

and about your question, learn to read the skills. Charges are not applied using a weapon. (you don't shoot them with your bow/gun nor they are weapon attacks)
    You actually do need a weapon do apply charges. Read the tooltip.
    You could even attempt to apply a charge without a weapon to verify.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroubleMagnet View Post
    We have the special ability to convert warrior entitlement into rogue tears so we will never run out.

its not QQ. Trion has had problems defining what Sab is since the beginning. They did great creating the class but have problems with its mechanics since beta.

Some examples:
    Half of the single target rotation was a 10 targets Aoe
    Acted weird with Deadly dance since the combo points don't do damage on placement
    Synergy crystals favor Bombs which haven't been used in any rotation since beta
    Fights like Vladmal and effects like his Range damage reduction, work in some charges some of the time.

You asked why buffs from other souls don't affect Sab w/o even realizing that Sad in itself doesn't energize well.

Vladmal is buggy all over the place, it's not just sab.

I'd argue that sab synergizes amazingly well and in fact I consider it the premier "Rift" soul. The soul system is supposed to be about choice, flexibility, and interesting synergies.

-Sab has some cool synergies (deadly dance and ranged sab for raiding/dungeons, sab + pet builds for leveling).

-Sab lets you choose to be in melee or at range, and really doesn't penalize you very much for either.

-Sab doesn't gut your DPS if you have to move around, so you can play like a total spaz jumping every 5 seconds if you want.

-Sab lets you spec deep into the tree or simply dabble while still remaining effective - it's a great main soul and a great 0 or 5 point soul.

-Sab has a ton of awesome PvE and PvP utility and the largest toolbox of anyone for dealing with any situation, while still maintaining the ability to perform top-tier single target and AoE DPS.

Yeah, Trion has made some really strange decisions - namely the insistence on making bombs part of the PvE DPS rotation - but overall the soul is fun, effective, and (AFAIK) totally unique among MMOs. It's not the highest parsing DPS spec, but I don't think it's that far behind. I don't see why you're being so incredibly negative.

@OP: I believe it's because charges are not weapon attacks - they're debuffs that are consumed by a finisher (Detonate, which I believe *does* proc poisons and NB enchants but not munitions) which causes them to deal damage.

I miss sab /tear
    Last edited by Carthoris; 11-10-2011 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carthoris View Post
    I miss sab /tear
    Same, been Sab since beta (cept when forced to be competitive dps)

@Fitz1: Read again my comment. I know you need weapons equipped to use charges, thats why /loadequip with and w/o weapons for estrode helps so much. But its not a weapon attack, you dont swing nor shoot to place them and poisons and EM require one or the other.

Shadowlander

Im not a complete spazz i read tooltips and i know they can only be procced with weapons. My issue isnt why they arent proccing but why they dont. because they definitely should be allowed to proc poisons etc. Just allowing that would make it parse on par with other souls especially for ranged now that EM doesnt have an internal cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Carthoris View Post
    Vladmal is buggy all over the place, it's not just sab.

I'd argue that sab synergizes amazingly well and in fact I consider it the premier "Rift" soul. The soul system is supposed to be about choice, flexibility, and interesting synergies.

-Sab has some cool synergies (deadly dance and ranged sab for raiding/dungeons, sab + pet builds for leveling).

-Sab lets you choose to be in melee or at range, and really doesn't penalize you very much for either.

-Sab doesn't gut your DPS if you have to move around, so you can play like a total spaz jumping every 5 seconds if you want.

-Sab lets you spec deep into the tree or simply dabble while still remaining effective - it's a great main soul and a great 0 or 5 point soul.

-Sab has a ton of awesome PvE and PvP utility and the largest toolbox of anyone for dealing with any situation, while still maintaining the ability to perform top-tier single target and AoE DPS.

Yeah, Trion has made some really strange decisions - namely the insistence on making bombs part of the PvE DPS rotation - but overall the soul is fun, effective, and (AFAIK) totally unique among MMOs. It's not the highest parsing DPS spec, but I don't think it's that far behind. I don't see why you're being so incredibly negative.

@OP: I believe it's because charges are not weapon attacks - they're debuffs that are consumed by a finisher (Detonate, which I believe *does* proc poisons and NB enchants but not munitions) which causes them to deal damage.

I miss sab /tear
    1) Sab is the worse soul in the tree that has synergy with other souls.

2) Sab guts your dps regardless.

3) Utility? really..when was the last time anyone used more than blast/spike/shrap. yeah, the others are there, but they are all crap.

4) 5 points into dex is basically a complete waste for raid geared folks, since you can be in dungeon t2 gear/crafted and basically be crit capd.

5) ST dps is horrid/AoE has been gutted.

6) Bombs are still useless..If you gave them 2 times the damage they do now, they would still be pointless. Rogue abilities that don't generate Combo Points are just wasted energy

7) Sab only goes well with Deadly Dance..thats about it. It would be a really nice soul if they would define Sab abilities as ranged so then spec'ing into MM would be nice.

Sab needs to be re-built from the ground up. Instead of throwing charges/bombs from your hand, maybe you shoot arrows that have bombs on them. Get rid of detonate and make the charges instant damage..Spike would be a charge that stacks up to 5x's. Turn Annihilation Bomb into a Sab finisher, that does damage like all other finishers in the rogue tree..So many things need changed.
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

Good luck with that answer. For me it proc like crazy with poison. It could be my build. As I see it do it all time or my macro. I use /startautoatatack and startrangeattack, since no clue on which one works.

I ask the same question on anther post and colud not geta straight answer. I did fine out one thing. Trion really needs to hire someone who know how to make a rogues soul tree. Cause at present its getting down right stupid on what works with what tree.
    This is my personal build and might not be right. But it works for me. With a full t2 set and r6 weapons, I pull 858 on t1 raid bosses and some times more. If the dps let me actually set of bombs.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....izMcEbxo0o.Vh

here my forums post

http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ml#post3370929
    Last edited by youkiddingme; 11-10-2011 at 04:16 PM.
    Let freedom ring and all trolls hide under the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by youkiddingme View Post
    Good luck with that answer. For me it proc like crazy with poison. It could be my build. As I see it do it all time or my macro. I use /startautoatatack and startrangeattack, since no clue on which one works.

I ask the same question on anther post and colud not geta straight answer. I did fine out one thing. Trion really needs to hire someone who know how to make a rogues soul tree. Cause at present its getting down right stupid on what works with what tree.
    This is my personal build and might not be right. But it works for me. With a full t2 set and r6 weapons, I pull 858 on t1 raid bosses and some times more. If the dps let me actually set of bombs.

here my forums post

it would be pointless to spec into MM atm to get EM to proc. since it doesn't proc from Autoattacks, and sab charges arnt defined as ranged..see thread that i posted before.

With sabdancer, the poison's proc from auto attacks.
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

Shadowlander

here my forums post

yeah dude idk what you are doing with some of those points in NB the abilities you use in sab such as spike charge and blast charge are physical thus +6% non physical damage only really works on poisons that dont proc well at all or do much damage with out the points spent to increase proc rate and damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Adams View Post
    yeah dude idk what you are doing with some of those points in NB the abilities you use in sab such as spike charge and blast charge are physical thus +6% non physical damage only really works on poisons that dont proc well at all or do much damage with out the points spent to increase proc rate and damage.
    Cool guys, like I said it might not be right. But sadly it works for me. I did change the points around and point the tree into coup de grace. Boy what a difference. Thank you for that catch. I am now hitting 925 on a regular bases on bosses last night.

Now for second one. I have tried a full sab with 15 points into mm. With the few core abilities that work with that tree and can say I do more damage. But the problem is I had to rely almost entirely on sab for damage. In the long run hurt my dps number and ability to live.

This might be wrong. But there not a lot of good answer on sad in form and dev donít help much. That last nerf really hurt my dps and hoping that it will be the last one for me.
    Let freedom ring and all trolls hide under the bridge

Shadowlander

Cool guys, like I said it might not be right. But sadly it works for me. I did change the points around and point the tree into coup de grace. Boy what a difference. Thank you for that catch. I am now hitting 925 on a regular bases on bosses last night.

Now for second one. I have tried a full sab with 15 points into mm. With the few core abilities that work with that tree and can say I do more damage. But the problem is I had to rely almost entirely on sab for damage. In the long run hurt my dps number and ability to live.

This might be wrong. But there not a lot of good answer on sad in form and dev donít help much. That last nerf really hurt my dps and hoping that it will be the last one for me.

Yeah I tried that as well the issue is that the armor pen doesn't work for charges and neither does the EM sadly the best dps I could get raged or melee is to get the +20% crit damage from the sin soul and use expose weakness your poisons will proc sporadically of ranged, much more reliably in melee with the better auto attack. All this soul really needs though is synergy with others, if it procced poisons or EM on its own the dps would be comparable to other souls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast