+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue Tanking Zamira

Default Rogue Tanking Zamira

Short Clip of myself Tanking on Zamira.

I started the video recording a bit late, oh and the bastards muted my sounds when i uploaded it, I had bleeding through playing but ehhh.

Good examples of deflection in here as well.

Watching in 720p, I play on max settings but i used the ****ty in game recorder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKNYU7wl03s

Here is the link to the damage taken as well -

http://www.raidrifts.com/report/view...301407/345558/

The numbers are weird this week, our nearly full relic geared cleric tank took way more damage then i did...

Grud (i have a grug vid that i have to upload, it was the worst kill vid though, we have 3 new people in our raid this week) - http://www.raidrifts.com/report/view...230355/301405/

Interesting, we had a rogue tank on Matron last night as well. One nice thing about that is that apparently the application of the debuff can be dodged. Ended up the max Ichor hit on him was 7300 and average 3000-odd. (Then again, we do sorta play it safe and also run with a Purifier in the mix.)

I have to say, it's nice to see rogue tanks operating more comfortably in HK fights.

Meanwhile... I was very busy dancing while stealthed up on the balcony. Next time I think I'm going to start making Waldorf and Statler references when I'm on tome duty.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    Interesting, we had a rogue tank on Matron last night as well. One nice thing about that is that apparently the application of the debuff can be dodged. Ended up the max Ichor hit on him was 7300 and average 3000-odd. (Then again, we do sorta play it safe and also run with a Purifier in the mix.)

I have to say, it's nice to see rogue tanks operating more comfortably in HK fights.

Meanwhile... I was very busy dancing while stealthed up on the balcony. Next time I think I'm going to start making Waldorf and Statler references when I'm on tome duty.
    Yeah I am really enjoying tanking, you can see in our Raid Logs that I only tank on Grug, Zamira and Akilyos....the rest I am DPS, i used to just be main DPS, then I am now the main rogue tank....well the only rogue tank haha.
    You can see I deflected some huge amounts at the start there, was really nice.
    I wish i captured the whole video, only two mins. is fairly lame.

We run bare minimum healers I think, only Meako and Starr are only cleric healers on that fight and then Rick who is our super chloro...the rest is just splash heals.
    You can see our cleric tank taking crazy amount of damage on the last tome, I usually hold aggro on all the adds, but somehow he had aggro on all of them, I think its because he inherited the aggro from Zamira
    Last edited by Zeypher; 11-10-2011 at 08:13 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post

A little question since we're on the topic of Matron, if you don't kill all the adds upstairs, do they aggro/follow you back down somehow if you port back down? I could have sworn I saw one of them follow me back down (wasn't in combat with it). Haven't been in HK too much to experiment with her.

Edit: I usually do the kite/kill method upstairs, since I can use the same 51 MM/15 RNG spec, I just swap in 0 sab for additional slow.
    Last edited by Adastra; 11-10-2011 at 08:14 AM.

Plane Touched

Yea I tanked murdantix and matron last night, was quite comfortable. At one pt our warrior died right before book activation and I tanked matron with high stacks and all the little adds while he got his pacts up lol...was sweet.

And yea you can port back downstairs and bring the adds to be Alex down from upstairs. That way your tone clicker can dps between tomes

Here is our crazy messy Grug kill, even our first kill attempt wasn't this bad....goes to show you how freaking nerfed Grug was that we were able to kill him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrza3UvTiFY

The video messes up at the end, kinda just..stops.

Im not sure exactly what happened at the start, I think I lagged and I may have turned the breath onto the raid?, but i swear to god the breath never touches the raid.

you can tell a class is designed properly when people feel obligated to record and post videos of a class doing its sole function for the first time without completely failing. thats how you know rogue tanking has hit its peak. it should clearly be astonishing that a tank should be able to tank.

Rogues have always been great for Zamira. Surviving the physical phase is just a matter of timing with your healers and taunts, and a RS can chain cooldowns when she's at high stacks. Once you get to Ichor phase you can basically solo-tank if your Warrior dies or Cleric gets one-shot.

Grug isn't bad either you just have to be careful with Vortex so you don't have a debuff when the boss is hitting you.

Now, let's see a video of you main tanking Sicaron.

Sicaron eh, I'll have a hard time convincing our raid leader ;D.

Besides I have way too much fun trying to break 4k.

I hit 3k on murd this week, was happy about that.

+ Reply to Thread