+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: "Non-physical Attacks" lulz

Default "Non-physical Attacks" lulz

Tanked the DRR last night for phase 5 (Twin-fight), and Dodged/Parried/Deflected the caster's Fireballs. lolwot?

I really wish we had a Trion dictionary that spelled out types of attacks for us.

The add I was tanking had a mana bar, a casting bar (for fireball), and I still parried and deflected them...
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    Mirage of Faeblight

Telaran

Beside your experience with other MMOs, what makes you think it's harder to dodge a fireball thrown at you, than say an arrow or a sword blow ?

Try dodging that reply :P

in just about every mmo you can dodge and block fireballs... that is so normal that it is even logical. this game just has a problem with the whole physical vs elemental damage. btw all bolts = physical damage, it's the huge bolt hitting you that does most of the damage, not the extra fire or electric damage that comes with it... but that's science and games never follow the natural laws already in place... you should be able to dodge block and even parry fireballs, i mean it's a projectile!!!! you telling me you cant swipe a fireball out of the air with your sword? that's just silly thinking.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Good, maybe our synergy crystal won't be so bloody stupid then. I still have yet to see any Deflects on non-physical casts or channels that matter though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Good, maybe our synergy crystal won't be so bloody stupid then. I still have yet to see any Deflects on non-physical casts or channels that matter though.
    That was more my point. I guess people wanted to point out how dumb I am that suggesting parrying a fireball is silly. Anywho... instead of the normal operating theory of "if they cast it, it's maic", it seems we really have to just case by case it to figure out what constitutes non-physical attacks or magic attacks.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    Mirage of Faeblight

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    in just about every mmo you can dodge and block fireballs... that is so normal that it is even logical. this game just has a problem with the whole physical vs elemental damage. btw all bolts = physical damage, it's the huge bolt hitting you that does most of the damage, not the extra fire or electric damage that comes with it... but that's science and games never follow the natural laws already in place... you should be able to dodge block and even parry fireballs, i mean it's a projectile!!!! you telling me you cant swipe a fireball out of the air with your sword? that's just silly thinking.
    I'd prefer to use a Hadouken to "block" a fireball.

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    I'd prefer to use a Hadouken to "block" a fireball.
    I much prefer to use Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku and hit my opponent at the same time
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Ascendant

I much prefer to use Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku and hit my opponent at the same time
    That works too, or a well timed Shoryuken up close.

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    That works too, or a well timed Shoryuken up close.
    too dangerous, way too easy to block or miss and leave yourself open for a special attack

i only use Shoryuken if someone is stupid enough to jump at me

Sword of Telara

I think there are some UI errors going on, as I also tanked phase 4 of the fire RR. Got numbers like: 60 (1000 deflected).
    Last edited by Pink Freud; 11-10-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
    I think there are some UI errors going on, as I also tanked phase 4 of the fire RR. Got numbers like: 60 (1000 deflected).
    amount blocked isnt a percentage is why. if you can block 1500 dmg then an atk that hits for 1400 will simply say blocked and wont say how much was blocked because your block is higher than the attack.

Rift Disciple

I had noticed this while grinding in SM. I was deflecting soul sickness dots like crazy (multiple mobs). So I went to test versus some of the cleric dots I hate (like sanction and vex) versus a guildmate and could not deflect those. I imagine other reaver dots might be counted as physical too though I havent tried it out.
    Last edited by VoiceofTreason; 11-10-2011 at 09:37 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceofTreason View Post
    I had noticed this while grinding in SM. I was deflecting soul sickness dots like crazy (multiple mobs). So I went to test versus some of the cleric dots I hate (like sanction and vex) versus a guildmate and could not deflect those. I imagine other reaver dots might be counted as physical too though I havent tried it out.
    Was your guildmate wearing Hit gear? That will negate some (or all, depending on the math) of your deflect.

too dangerous, way too easy to block or miss and leave yourself open for a special attack

i only use Shoryuken if someone is stupid enough to jump at me
    Tiger Uppercut. Nuff said.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast