+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PA tier 2

RIFT Guide Writer

Default PA tier 2

Each element has a 2 hour item enchant which I guess does not stack with raid consumables.

Earth - Barbed Blade: Deals 23 damage to attackers when you deflect an attack, for 2 hours. Usable on On Hand.

Air - Lightning Glyph: Increases Dexterity by 30 for 2 hours. Usable on On Hand.

Fire - Razor Edge: Increases one-handed melee weapon dps by 3 for 2 hours. Usable on One Hand.

Water - Weapon Guard: Reduces the duration of disarm effects by 1 second, for 2 hours. Usable on Gloves.

Life - Baneful Blade: Physical critical strikes have a chance to deal an extra 125 damage, for 2 hours. Usable on One Hand.

Death - Vampiric Essence: Gives damaging ability attacks a 20% chance to return 10% of the damage done in healing, for 2 hours. Usable on One Hand, Two Handed.

I think the interesting ones are air which looks like a free +60 dex for rogue tank. Fire looks like a good replacement for whetstones when not doing anything important like if you are solo grinding. Water is free bonus since it's for gloves but looks quite useless.

Other than that the tier 2 PA has the same stat, same weapons etc as tier 1. Each element does have a teleport as the first thing you get. Earth - Stonefield, Air - Droughtlands, Fire - Ember Isle, Water - Moonshade Highlands, Life - Scarwood Reach, Death - Gloamwood.

Shadowlander

I'd like to know how much "Life - Baneful Blade" adds in damage. Its physical attacks and all MM attacks are physical

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Water - Weapon Guard: Reduces the duration of disarm effects by 1 second, for 2 hours. Usable on Gloves.
    Its development decisions like this that drive me crazy. Who the hell cares about reducing disarm effects for one whole second?

The fire one looks nice but only if it stacks with Whetstones, which i would assume it doesn't. Only one i can see ever caring about having at all is the death one, and that would only be of limited usefulness. Interesting that the Life one is a one hand weapon enchant when the entire tree is nothing but ranged weapon increases.

All in all very disappointing and yet another example of developers wasting everyone's time with useless crap.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Koe

Anyone know the ICD on Life?

Would be pretty insane on melee rogues if the ICD is low.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

So the life one does damage to the enemy. And the Death one heals you. Got it.

Interesting nonetheless.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-09-2011 at 04:51 PM.

Plane Touched

I assume they are like other classes and do not stack with consumables. So most just worth using when you don't want to spend a whetstone.

Fire tier 2 gimmick ability is equal to a level 30 weapon stone or something like that.. and ofc they don't stack with "normal" raid consumables...

So all in all what I believe a Trion dev already said... it's all just flavor items.

Even though Life and Death abilities seems pretty decent in various scenarios.
    30 Dex is fairly OK too, but in terms of raw weapon dps.. I guess it would come a little shorter than a +5 dps weaponstone due to the soft/hard cap of crit at later stages.
    "The universe is a machine where you have been placed, and like a machine the outcome can be known. Every battle has already been won or lost. All that is left is for you to choose your side."

thanks for posting, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Air - Lightning Glyph: Increases Dexterity by 30 for 2 hours. Usable on On Hand.
    So can this be used on both hands (like whetstones) which would equal +60dex?
    And is there a cooldown or can I just reapply it after 2 hours?

+ Reply to Thread