+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Noxious Maul

Rift Disciple

Default Noxious Maul

Is there any advantage now of getting the artifact weapon Noxious Maul over, say, Oracle's Painblade?

I very rarely lose aggro as it is in raids and when I do it is normally due to an over eager dps at the start of a fight. This kinda makes the chance on hit proc a bit meaningless.

Comparing the rest of the stats, by using the Maul you gain 3 dex at a loss of 6 end and 14 dodge. Ignoring the dodge, I would rather have the endurance than the dex. Other than the dps increase (which is never high on my tanking wishlist), is there a reason to take the Noxious Maul?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Belzoat View Post
    Is there any advantage now of getting the artifact weapon Noxious Maul over, say, Oracle's Painblade?

I very rarely lose aggro as it is in raids and when I do it is normally due to an over eager dps at the start of a fight. This kinda makes the chance on hit proc a bit meaningless.

Comparing the rest of the stats, by using the Maul you gain 3 dex at a loss of 6 end and 14 dodge. Ignoring the dodge, I would rather have the endurance than the dex. Other than the dps increase (which is never high on my tanking wishlist), is there a reason to take the Noxious Maul?
    At the end of the day you have to remember that Riftstalker's abilities are all typically based off weapon damage, including Planar Vortex. That said, combining higher top end and the fact yellow damage is most of our threat, a 25+ point swing of top end damage is pretty significant.

Not to mention the proc.

Gun to my head I take the Noxious Maul over the Oracle's Painblade, but if one drops before the other...take it? It's splitting hairs really if threat isn't an issue.

Edit: Also, our threat is more impacted by weapon damage than say attack power.
    Last edited by Talaren; 11-09-2011 at 01:55 PM.

It does not exist!

Used the Maul for months. It's trash besides the high weapon damage. The proc generates very low threat, if any, and using skills while stealthed will proc the mace and break stealth. Obviously not designed or tested for rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellebron View Post
    Used the Maul for months. It's trash besides the high weapon damage. The proc generates very low threat, if any, and using skills while stealthed will proc the mace and break stealth. Obviously not designed or tested for rogues.
    It looks really cool, though.

+ Reply to Thread