+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melee Weps as a Ranged DPS Q.

Telaran

Default Melee Weps as a Ranged DPS Q.

I know that as a melee DPS you want your Main hand to have the higher DPS weapon in it.

Does having your main hand weapon with the lower DPS weapon affect your DPS if you are ranged?

Just wondering. Thanks.

Sword of Telara

Defined Ranged. If you are using Bow abilities, your Bow's DPS rating is what the calculations are based off of, and your daggers are merely stat-sticks.

If you are using Nightblade ranged abilities, your Main-Hand dagger's DPS rating is what is used.

If you are a Sab and have a Ranger or MM sub-soul then you use your bow, otherwise your MH dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
    Defined Ranged. If you are using Bow abilities, your Bow's DPS rating is what the calculations are based off of, and your daggers are merely stat-sticks.

If you are using Nightblade ranged abilities, your Main-Hand dagger's DPS rating is what is used.

If you are a Sab and have a Ranger or MM sub-soul then you use your bow, otherwise your MH dagger.
    same for bard

Telaran

Default That answers my question

Thanks! That answers my question.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
    Did they change this so that Sabs with Ranger/MM sub get bow all the time, or is still only when your ranged auto is active?
    Telarans on class balance: Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine. - Scissors

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Enaki View Post
    Did they change this so that Sabs with Ranger/MM sub get bow all the time, or is still only when your ranged auto is active?
    I don't know. This is speculation, but:

Without points spent to have ranged abilities usable in melee range I think you will always switch to daggers if you get too close.

Safest bet is to just take a few steps back, unless you want to get some serrated blades going from auto-attacks.

+ Reply to Thread