+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NB dmg based of Ranged or Melee?

Soulwalker

Default NB dmg based of Ranged or Melee?

Kinda of a newb question, but i've been wondering if nightblade damage is based off of your melee weapons or your ranged weapon, or does it change depending on if you're in melee or at range? Trying to decide on a spec to use for raid fights that Blinkblade (which i love) isn't very suited for. And I'm avoiding MM, cause... its MM... and boring. Been thinking of going 49nb, 17 assassin and hoping it draws from melee weapon damge because i have the relic dagger from GSB. Thanks for any input!

I believe if you have RNG or MM in your spec range attacks will be based off your ranged weapon if you are at range.

Rift Disciple

no, the only soul that works like that is sabo, if you have ranger or mm with a sabo spec it will use your ranged weapon. nb is off your melee main hand weapon, offhand is essentially a stat stick for every spec but bladedancer where alot of the skillls are off hand based. which is also why the weeping edge from ros is still bis off hander for st dps if you are going nb or sin, you would want a 44dps off hander in any bd spec tho
    Last edited by 420MySTiC; 11-11-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 420MySTiC View Post
    no, the only soul that works like that is sabo, if you have ranger or mm with a sabo spec it will use your ranged weapon. nb is off your melee main hand weapon, offhand is essentially a stat stick for every spec but bladedancer where alot of the skillls are off hand based. which is also why the weeping edge from ros is still bis off hander for st dps if you are going nb or sin, you would want a 44dps off hander in any bd spec tho
    Or you can make macro with loadequip before use of the skill and swap on normal attacks with vice versa.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Or you can make macro with loadequip before use of the skill and swap on normal attacks with vice versa.
    Does that actually work? No macro lag?
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Sword of Telara

Nightblade damage is all based off your MH weapon (even AOE I believe.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Does that actually work? No macro lag?
    pretty sure most of the warriors in my guild have weapon swaps macro'd in. Seems to work well for them.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    pretty sure most of the warriors in my guild have weapon swaps macro'd in. Seems to work well for them.
    That only works on Estrode, when you are mind controlled. Ordinary fights do not allow you to swap gear in combat.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Willovain View Post
    That only works on Estrode, when you are mind controlled. Ordinary fights do not allow you to swap gear in combat.
    No, weapon swaps can be done in combat. Warriors do it when forced to go ranged so they can use dual-wield ranged attacks from the Paragon soul.
    Creator and updater of the Sin/RS Bloodstalker

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kurieg View Post
    No, weapon swaps can be done in combat. Warriors do it when forced to go ranged so they can use dual-wield ranged attacks from the Paragon soul.
    So you can use a weapon swap macro, but cannot equip gear in combat? That makes no sense. I know for a fact that you cannot equip gear in combat though, unless weapons are different from other equipment? You are making me almost want to go test that, but that would require me to log on, and I cba.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Willovain View Post
    So you can use a weapon swap macro, but cannot equip gear in combat? That makes no sense. I know for a fact that you cannot equip gear in combat though, unless weapons are different from other equipment? You are making me almost want to go test that, but that would require me to log on, and I cba.
    You can equip weapons in combat. It's like that in every fantasy MMO I've played.

Rift Disciple

Well, I honestly didn't know that. I could have sworn that was not the case, but I'll definitely have to look and see next time I am in. I guess I'd never tried, always assumed weapons and armor all counted as "equipment" when you try to change gear in combat.

+ Reply to Thread