+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Slip away suggestion

Default Slip away suggestion

To all the good rogues out there, I'd want to propose this suggestion for slip away.
    Slip away being way too powerful combined with elusiveness right now.
    (Yes I do have a rogue and I know how moronic easy it is to use.)

I propose this simple change that would give good rogues the same cheap feeling as to use that insta out-o-fiesces ability.

Make it useable only after a killing blow.

If you really are that good Mr. rogue, you will be able to use it all the time to get out of any situation. Else, you die like you always should have.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

How about we just eliminate stealth all together, give us 2k more HP, and let us Riftwalk all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Alder View Post
    How about we just eliminate stealth all together, give us 2k more HP, and let us Riftwalk all over the place.
    Isn't that what Sin/Rift already doing with a stealth included?
    Oh wait...

Now now... I am being serious on my suggestion here. Stop trolling.
    Last edited by Snap; 11-09-2011 at 08:55 AM.

Shadowlander

Is your problem with slip away that we can get away or get to do a stealth attack again? For getting away just dot us b/c 4 sec latter it will pull us out. If its the stealth attack that would be a good time to get some distance or not suck. In almost every mmo's out there is a skill similar to slip away. Please quit posting garbage.

Sword of Telara

I'd like to see:

Slip Away: 10 sec CD. This ability lets the Rogue stealth in combat for 3 seconds, and will destealth the rogue after 3 seconds. This ability does not break stealth upon receiving damage, and will break when the Rogue uses any damaging ability.

Slip Away is just a really stupid ability, especially combined with Hidden Veil or Cleanse Soul.

Just make it either unstealth you after the duration, or simply allow you to use abilities that require stealth for three seconds.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xahz View Post
    Slip Away is just a really stupid ability, especially combined with Hidden Veil or Cleanse Soul.

Just make it either unstealth you after the duration, or simply allow you to use abilities that require stealth for three seconds.
    It is called slip away for a reason.

Could you just imagine the QQ on these forums if you could foul play, slip away, assassinate 3x?

Yea, no.

Rift Disciple

My problem with Slip Away is that you have a problem with Slip Away.

A rogue using it to escape isn't killing you, a rogue using it to kill you is blowing his wad and will be killed shortly anyway if you weren't alone....oh wait....you were alone....now I get it.

As said before, a rogue with an ability like this is nothing new in the genre. In this game, a rogue with it has a particular soul and a significant point investment into that soul just to have it. All this at the cost of suvivability in other forms, possibly at the cost of better damage elsewhere and other utility, is it really worth complaining over?

Rogues use this for 2 things...
    Attack someone and fail to kill then flee with it.
    Attack someone and kill then flee with it.

The first one is an utter failure who doesn't deserve to be able to get away because he can't think about if he can get the kill or not.
    The second one is a winner (or a total outgear failure that think he's a winner) that use it to avoid getting kill by the remaining ennemies.

First one deserve death to learn how he failed so he can become more like Second one.

To the guy who said : Just dot us it will break it herperderpes
    Any non-******ed moron will get cleanse soul anyways and in 5 seconds you have plenty of time to run far far away. Especially since the rogue is the class with the highest amount of movement speed increase and blinks abilities in the game.

Slip away being useable only on killing blow would make skills a far more important matter in mostly every non-MM rogue vs X situation.

Edit :
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahem View Post
    As said before, a rogue with an ability like this is nothing new in the genre. In this game, a rogue with it has a particular soul and a significant point investment into that soul just to have it. All this at the cost of suvivability in other forms, possibly at the cost of better damage elsewhere and other utility, is it really worth complaining over?
    Then nerf assassin cause they are one of the highest burst damage in the game right now. Just because this ability is far in a tree doesn't mean it must be OP.
    My mage ground of strength need to be brought back to its original feature because it's far in my spell tree imo. Even farther then rogue slip away so it needs to be more OP then before.
    Make me invisible that never break, untargetable and immune to any AoE as well as increasing my damage by 500% and the GoS must follow me everywhere I go.
    Last edited by Snap; 11-09-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Is there some sort of qq monthly cycle? Swear to god someone comes on the rogue forum once a month and whines about slip away because they got ganked. And saying only bad people use it as an escape so why not essentially remove its utility as an escape tool = dumb, at least five a proper reason why you think so.

On a side note, having it useable only after a kill would leave low rank / ungeared completely helpless with no escape tool. It would also discourage team focusing of a single target, as a rogue focusing the same target as others will have a lower chance of getting a KB and thus lose the opportunity to survive and/or get more burst. Also also it would make slip away less useful in any actual team setting where heals are going out, and would be worthless in 1v1.

Also it would suck in pve.
    Last edited by Scrumdiddly; 11-09-2011 at 07:42 PM.

Mmmkay in that case remove CD on Slip Away and use it after each KB ? Trade ?
    Last edited by PORTERR; 11-09-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Blightweald EU
    STORM
    Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Scrumdiddly View Post
    Is there some sort of qq monthly cycle? Swear to god someone comes on the rogue forum once a month and whines about slip away because they got ganked. And saying only bad people use it as an escape so why not essentially remove its utility as an escape tool = dumb, at least five a proper reason why you think so.

On a side note, having it useable only after a kill would leave low rank / ungeared completely helpless with no escape tool. It would also discourage team focusing of a single target, as a rogue focusing the same target as others will have a lower chance of getting a KB and thus lose the opportunity to survive and/or get more burst. Also also it would make slip away less useful in any actual team setting where heals are going out, and would be worthless in 1v1.

Also it would suck in pve.
    First off, slip away already suck for PvE... Only use would be for a nightblade +20% damage opener to be used again.
    Anyone but an assassin is completly helpless with no esc... wait no. Everyone got at least a CC or a movement imparing or a movement buff or a blink in nearly every single spec. And so does assassins when they are out of stealth.
    You are talking like Slip away was the only spell an assassin have. Well guess what? You have 66 talents point to spend and slip away is only 1 talent point cost!
    Rogues have the most out of every class for movement and blinks that allows you to stay on a target or to get out of the battle. MM can easily increase their speed to go as fast as a mount while the best I can do with my mage is probably +25% and I need to spend 11 points in Archon for it. I havn't seen my cleric move much faster then a turtle and my warrior seems like he's carrying bricks along her plate armor. But my rogue... Sprint for 70% for 15 seconds in low tier bladedancer in my assassin spec.

And to the last poster, I would not care if they'd removed the CD on slip away if they'd made it activate only on a KB or at least reduce the CD to like 30 seconds or so. I'd rather just not see someone get out of everything with a single press of a button. While any other class and spec need to be using their whole arsenal to barely survive.
    Last edited by Snap; 11-10-2011 at 07:24 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Rogues use this for 2 things...
    Attack someone and fail to kill then flee with it.
    Attack someone and kill then flee with it.

The first one is an utter failure who doesn't deserve to be able to get away because he can't think about if he can get the kill or not.
    The second one is a winner (or a total outgear failure that think he's a winner) that use it to avoid getting kill by the remaining ennemies.

First one deserve death to learn how he failed so he can become more like Second one.

To the guy who said : Just dot us it will break it herperderpes
    Any non-******ed moron will get cleanse soul anyways and in 5 seconds you have plenty of time to run far far away. Especially since the rogue is the class with the highest amount of movement speed increase and blinks abilities in the game.

Slip away being useable only on killing blow would make skills a far more important matter in mostly every non-MM rogue vs X situation.

Edit :
    Then nerf assassin cause they are one of the highest burst damage in the game right now. Just because this ability is far in a tree doesn't mean it must be OP.
    My mage ground of strength need to be brought back to its original feature because it's far in my spell tree imo. Even farther then rogue slip away so it needs to be more OP then before.
    Make me invisible that never break, untargetable and immune to any AoE as well as increasing my damage by 500% and the GoS must follow me everywhere I go.
    What a newb.

So all rogues with slip away have cleanse soul AND blinks eh? So you're talking about a 32/19/15 build? Sin, rs, pvp? You sure all rogues go that build? You sure that build is tons of burst damage? Only 1 soul has blinks.

What a newb.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    First off, slip away already suck for PvE... Only use would be for a nightblade +20% damage opener to be used again.
    Anyone but an assassin is completly helpless with no esc... wait no. Everyone got at least a CC or a movement imparing or a movement buff or a blink in nearly every single spec. And so does assassins when they are out of stealth.
    You are talking like Slip away was the only spell an assassin have. Well guess what? You have 66 talents point to spend and slip away is only 1 talent point cost!
    Rogues have the most out of every class for movement and blinks that allows you to stay on a target or to get out of the battle. MM can easily increase their speed to go as fast as a mount while the best I can do with my mage is probably +25% and I need to spend 11 points in Archon for it. I havn't seen my cleric move much faster then a turtle and my warrior seems like he's carrying bricks along her plate armor. But my rogue... Sprint for 70% for 15 seconds in low tier bladedancer in my assassin spec.

And to the last poster, I would not care if they'd removed the CD on slip away if they'd made it activate only on a KB or at least reduce the CD to like 30 seconds or so. I'd rather just not see someone get out of everything with a single press of a button. While any other class and spec need to be using their whole arsenal to barely survive.
    What are you talking about? Seriously, are you complaining about Slip Away or run speed? Rogues can run as fast as a 110% mount now? News to me.

"Anyone but an assassin is completly helpless with no esc... wait no. "
    Wuuuut? Can't wait to see the thread you make when a NB/RS gets ahold of you.

"You are talking like Slip away was the only spell an assassin have. Well guess what? You have 66 talents point to spend and slip away is only 1 talent point cost!"
    Umm, I can spend 1 point in assassin and get Slip Away? Why didn't someone tell me?!

"Rogues have the most out of every class for movement and blinks that allows you to stay on a target or to get out of the battle."
    You do realize that you MUST spec into Riftstalker for these blinks right? You also understand that there are rogues out there that do not spec into RS? You can acknowledge that without RS rogues don't have damage shields and armor spells? You understand that we also don't have heal spells?

"First off, slip away already suck for PvE... Only use would be for a nightblade +20% damage opener to be used again."
    Huh, NB/Assassin is a PvE spec now? You think Dark Malady is the best choice as your opener following a slip away? Not Jagged Strike? Not Assassinate? Not Choke? No possibility that the openers are situational, right? So we can all take those off our bars...good to know.

"While any other class and spec need to be using their whole arsenal to barely survive."
    ROFL!!! Assassin is one of the squishiest specs anywhere. Are you sure you know which spec and skills you are talking about?

Do you know anything about rogues or are you just spouting rhetoric? You know what, copy and post this nonsense on the mage and cleric forum. I'm thinking that there are some M.A.S.H. clerics, Inquisicars/cabs, Chlorodoms/locks, and Pyrodoms that are feeling left out on the fun.

Final thought, "I havn't seen my cleric move much faster then a turtle and my warrior seems like he's carrying bricks along her plate armor." I don't care if you do have a turtle that can heal itself and a hermaphrodite warrior. I will gladly trade Slip Away for actual heals and/or plate armor (even filled with bricks) for my rogue.

Could always swap slip away with serpent strike Then you'd only have to deal with it from 51sins, and we could **** your face with only 31.

Its a win win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast