+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Can I get a what the!!!! From the other Riftstalkers out there?

Default Can I get a what the!!!! From the other Riftstalkers out there?

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...tch-notes.html

So with these changes to all of the souls wth is the point of any other tank. At least before if they wanted to magic tank they had to go heavy in VK. Now they are essentially the best tank BUT without that annoying little thing that meant they might have to go into a soul that they didn't like from a "feel" point of view (some don't like pacts as an example.) So rogue dps gets nerfed and while we get some positive changes to RS they basically make it so you can virtually put 66 points randomly into 2-3 souls and tank as well if not better than a carefully designed RS.

I honestly wonder if Trion simply wants the game tp be warrior, mage, cleric, bard as far as callings go.

My warrior has been unlucky with drops, so only 88 toughness so far. Close to 100 marks, though.
    Officer of Ginnunga.

Rift Disciple

...............first as much as I love this game I am not surprised at any buffing or nerfing of any class. Clearly Trion does not test effectively and therefore nerfs with sweeping blindness to some degree with every patch. However I would stress that you wait until the actuall patch comes out even though ,as I stated above, the buffs will most like be unballanced as history has suggested. Still you can count on one thing with Trion. With every patch good or bad,buffs or nerfs the ywill let it ride ,"working as intended" ,for about 2 or 3 months and then they will patch it with little bits weekely or daily. I have excepted this since I like the game and there is nothing else really out there. Here is my suggestion to you op.......if you have all the classes and souls then just go with the fotm as they are made op for the designated time until they get to your favorite class again or roll with the punches and find a way to make your class work. I choose the latter despite being very frustrated a lot of the times I change my game play to make it work.

For example I rarely play in pugs if the nerfs are really bad because you will need your guilds support imo to be effective....depending on the class I am playing. Guild premades or friend premades will work better as you have people that know how to play,are not worried about their epeen the whole game and work together to win knowing that in the end of the WF we all get favor,prestige and favor if we win. Or if you play a class that can solo then just do your own thing if no one is working together. You still get favor even if you lose just not as much.

Or you can quit which some folks have done to show your displeasure with the game. This is the only way to get your message across the fastest by hitting them in the pocket and to ensure Trion gets the point. It will not happen by yourself but if enough people do it then change is inevitable. So if you quit today they will not notice at all but if the game is truely going down then more will follow. So either roll with it or save your money monthly and move on. Hope to see you out there.....what not not he same server as me? Don't worry servers will be merging imo in about 3 months (imo....just a theory). Good hunting all and take the challenge if you can stand it and make your favorite class work. If you do the reward is ,even though only you and your dead enemy will know, you kicked your opponents arse with a nerfed soul and trust me he/she will be upset

Lol I'm a warrior and I said WTF.

We try and explain how to balance the souls, give us options for specs, and instead we got latest round of PTS. 60% magic mitigation? Serious? 80+% physical mitigation in T1R gear? I can spec 51 RV/15 Champion and get hit for 20% less than 51 Pally/15 Warlord. WTF kind of world is that?

Ugh. This should be easy, but they're making it SOOOOO hard.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkhon View Post
    ...............first as much as I love this game I am not surprised at any buffing or nerfing of any class. Clearly Trion does not test effectively and therefore nerfs with sweeping blindness to some degree with every patch. However I would stress that you wait until the actuall patch comes out even though ,as I stated above, the buffs will most like be unballanced as history has suggested. Still you can count on one thing with Trion. With every patch good or bad,buffs or nerfs the ywill let it ride ,"working as intended" ,for about 2 or 3 months and then they will patch it with little bits weekely or daily. I have excepted this since I like the game and there is nothing else really out there. Here is my suggestion to you op.......if you have all the classes and souls then just go with the fotm as they are made op for the designated time until they get to your favorite class again or roll with the punches and find a way to make your class work. I choose the latter despite being very frustrated a lot of the times I change my game play to make it work.

For example I rarely play in pugs if the nerfs are really bad because you will need your guilds support imo to be effective....depending on the class I am playing. Guild premades or friend premades will work better as you have people that know how to play,are not worried about their epeen the whole game and work together to win knowing that in the end of the WF we all get favor,prestige and favor if we win. Or if you play a class that can solo then just do your own thing if no one is working together. You still get favor even if you lose just not as much.

Or you can quit which some folks have done to show your displeasure with the game. This is the only way to get your message across the fastest by hitting them in the pocket and to ensure Trion gets the point. It will not happen by yourself but if enough people do it then change is inevitable. So if you quit today they will not notice at all but if the game is truely going down then more will follow. So either roll with it or save your money monthly and move on. Hope to see you out there.....what not not he same server as me? Don't worry servers will be merging imo in about 3 months (imo....just a theory). Good hunting all and take the challenge if you can stand it and make your favorite class work. If you do the reward is ,even though only you and your dead enemy will know, you kicked your opponents arse with a nerfed soul and trust me he/she will be upset
    i seriously don't get what your posting this for..most rogues that are upset about the clear nerfs are looking at it from a PvE perspective. Nothing will really change in PvP..we can still spray VM everywhere...might take a couple more Fan Outs..NB/RS can still be effective in what it's doing. Rogue DPS is measured by PvE.

It's sad that pvp has had so many effects on us rogues in pve its disheartening. Do what you did with mages, and make the abilities seperate. Is it that frign hard?

Next we will see government folks wearing rubber bracelets saying "WWTD?"..(What would Trion Do?)
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    Lol I'm a warrior and I said WTF.

We try and explain how to balance the souls, give us options for specs, and instead we got latest round of PTS. 60% magic mitigation? Serious? 80+% physical mitigation in T1R gear? I can spec 51 RV/15 Champion and get hit for 20% less than 51 Pally/15 Warlord. WTF kind of world is that?

Ugh. This should be easy, but they're making it SOOOOO hard.
    I know. It's not just the changes though, (even though with the cleric dev saying "we don't make these changes in a vacumn" my head hurts) but the complete contradiction. They said 1.6 was going to be a "tank revamp" to deal with the inequalities between the tanks. Tank is a role. Instead this looks to be a warrior revamp to address percieved inequalities between the warrior tank souls. What makes this even more frustrating is that up to now the basis for the warrior tank being the best tank was that they had multiple souls providing them with more flexibility along with some give and tale when they had to put together different soul combination. Now all I see, for the most part, are souls that jave little to no give or take. The lack of logical consistency in this is killing me.

Soulwalker

Default I understand frustration...but

Most of the changes are in a positive direction for all the " tank" classes, I am no math genius so i do not have spread sheets of information. I do play one of each tanking class, Rogue being primary. The downer for me was the simplification of the rogue rotation, the threat and versatility was needed in my opinion, but i chose the rogue over my warrior when it came to raid because the rogue was more fun and complex. From the start, atleast so far as i can remember the warrior was supposed to be and looking at this patch the " premiere" and most versatile in most situations, rogue and cleric were meant to be off tanks. after a huge outcry from the community these things have now changed. semi similar to the one button cleric two hander days the warrior will be most complained about and rogues i believe may stay at the bottom of the mitigation scale ( even with deflect and its new bosting from guarded steel ). the positive i take is clerics will be made mroe viable, i love all my tanks, the warrior now with the flat mitigation no matter what senario might give you room to play with alot of abilities wanted ro never used? who knows, not a total downer, just my 2cp.

I lol'd at "carefully designed" RS LMFAO.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Well when I said that I mean u have to put some thought into it. Do u go sub 51 in RS? Do u use bd, bard or ranger to back it up? How much in each of these. Outside of HK content you can almost pick you tank souls at random and then do then rnadomly apply points to these souls and still tank with decent effectiveness.

As to good changes I explained it elsewhere. In terms of RELATIVE effectiveness it actually looks like the non-warrior tanks actually lost ground when this patch was actually supposed to limit the distances between them. I did NOT want to be better that a warrior tank. I barely wanted to be equal. All I wanted was for the RS to be seen as a serious alternative to the lock that warriors have on all tanking. MT, OT I don't care. Instead it looks like on balance we will actually be in a worst spot than we were before. It doesn't matter if we took one positive step forward from a disadvantaged position if the guy who already has the advantages takes 3 steps forward at the same time.
    Last edited by Galibier; 11-09-2011 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Well when I said that I mean u have to put some thought into it. Do u go sub 51 in RS? Do u use bd, bard or ranger to back it up? How much in each of these. Outside of HK content you can almost pick you tank souls at random and then do then rnadomly apply points to these souls and still tank with decent effectiveness.

As to good changes I explained it elsewhere. In terms of RELATIVE effectiveness it actually looks like the non-warrior tanks actually lost ground when this patch was actually supposed to limit the distances between them. I did NOT want to be better that a warrior tank. I barely wanted to be equal. All I wanted was for the RS to be seen as a serious alternative to the lock that warriors have on all tanking. MT, OT I don't care. Instead it looks like on balance we will actually be in a worst spot than we were before. It doesn't matter if we took one positive step forward from a disadvantaged position if the guy who already has the advantages takes 3 steps forward at the same time.
    According to this spreadsheet, we are 3 fries short of a happy meal in 1.6
    Last edited by Phantom D; 11-09-2011 at 06:05 AM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1150061&dateline=1300  793703

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom D View Post
    You don't have any of the good War builds in there.

38 RV/28VK/0PL
    38 RV/12 PL/16WL

^^ Both top builds now
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

D's spreadsheet fills me with hope, but ever lingering is the fear that the math was done wrong and we're still 50% behind Warriors... the fear's been set in too long!
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    Mirage of Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom D View Post
    Don't forget that we're still 30% block behind and that those builds are out-of-date. Is that even including the Cleric mmit buffs? It doesn't look like it.

edit, also

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    I know. It's not just the changes though, (even though with the cleric dev saying "we don't make these changes in a vacumn" my head hurts) but the complete contradiction. They said 1.6 was going to be a "tank revamp" to deal with the inequalities between the tanks. Tank is a role. Instead this looks to be a warrior revamp to address percieved inequalities between the warrior tank souls. What makes this even more frustrating is that up to now the basis for the warrior tank being the best tank was that they had multiple souls providing them with more flexibility along with some give and tale when they had to put together different soul combination. Now all I see, for the most part, are souls that jave little to no give or take. The lack of logical consistency in this is killing me.
    They also said we were going to be buffed and fixed before 1.6, which amounted to getting a terrible block mechanic that has t1 geared people sitting below 25% raid buffed. FFS even the "major buff" we got in 1.5 is broken and won't be fixed before 1.6.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 11-09-2011 at 08:09 AM.

Also, 100% TtT uptime. Which still leaves me going 51RS on raid fights. :|

Or... trade 1.5% mitigation for Scatter...
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    Mirage of Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Scony View Post
    D's spreadsheet fills me with hope, but ever lingering is the fear that the math was done wrong and we're still 50% behind Warriors... the fear's been set in too long!
    With the new warrior changes we may actually be more than that if you look at magic damage fights since every warrior soul now has at leastnas much magic mit as we do.

Oh and phantom if you want to beotch in game look up Valkenberg. I am in ToT on Faeblight.
    Last edited by Galibier; 11-09-2011 at 09:31 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast