+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: C'mon developers! 300-400dps nerf?

Rift Disciple

Default C'mon developers! 300-400dps nerf?

thats a huge nerf all at once for any class
    how can you justify such a big nerf to us
    i can understand fixing the bug, but please please please put the 4/4 back to 50% EM

It isn't a bug fix. It's 2 nerfs.

(Gear)

the MM crystal was nice, but not as strong as people made it out to be. ignoring the fact that other rogue 4 pieces add more dps, warrior 4 piece adds just as much if not more single target dps. did i mention that their crystal mods aoe attacks? so not only are they still king of single target, with that crystal they are king of both single target and possibly aoe (i don't know how much a 4 piece mage can do). melee or ranged, rogues are still stuck behind warriors in dps and survivability especially with the nerfs to NB cooldowns. the MM crystal should not be changed until ATLEAST it is tested in live servers with the other changes and compared to warrior, it is just rediculous that everytime rogues can compete with warriors we are forced into nerfs while the undergeared/underskilled warriors whine until we are nerfed when they are the most powerful class in the game. now for dps rogues we will be forced to melee builds with no utility for max single target dps, and our aoe is a joke compared to other classes.

Plane Touched

Welcome to rift, where rogues have the 2nd most complicated rotations (Compared to mages who don't even have rotations), and get out parsed by everything but clerics.

Note, the above information is subject to change (Because we all know trion is going to buff clerics in 1.7, and that will put rogues on the bottom).

Soulwalker

I really hope that this nerf does not go live, for the first time as a rogue that enjoys playing ranged i feel like we actually can do some dps and contribute to the team/raid.

The time pepole have spent building sigils and getting gear, to get the dps that now is possible for a MM/Ranger and the in one hit of the Trion nerfbat, it has all been for nothing.

I hope Rift reconside this nerf, if they dont i think a lot of pepole will.
    Last edited by Zeventhfool; 11-08-2011 at 11:19 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kayos View Post
    (Because we all know trion is going to buff clerics in 1.7, and that will put rogues on the bottom).
    Don't count on it. Zibnik (Cleric Dev) seems very non-committal about anything promised to Cleric DPS.
    [I hope] they won't change or increase Cleric DPS until they find a way to prevent simultaneous mass healing ('Icar builds are all we're good for, it seems).

Where-ever Clerics sit, I'd be confident saying that Rogues will be above them.

Additionally, since when has Trion balanced with a touch of finesse? Just look at the Pyromancer; that Soul is being hit with Thor's hammer Mjolnir until it shines "Awesome" from every orifice, which will do wonders for Mages in 1.7 when they need to be nerfed again to bring them back in line.
    Hope you like roller coasters!
    Last edited by Morvick; 11-08-2011 at 11:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    The issue you had with the Chloro proccing effects on first dot tick via Ruin and Vile Spores has been explained in LGV new tooltip.

**- Updated ability descriptions on Lifegiving Veil, Lifebound Veil, and Synthesis.

It seemed it was functioning as intended.

Your voice made them change the tooltip you are like efamous now.

ICQ proccing the EM was a bug and needed to be fixed but I am suprised they blocked it from proccing trinkets and essences... Oh well at the end of the day their are too many rogues now and maybe this thins some out...
    Last edited by Undrsiege; 11-08-2011 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    The issue you had with the Chloro proccing effects on first dot tick via Ruin and Vile Spores has been explained in LGV new tooltip.

**- Updated ability descriptions on Lifegiving Veil, Lifebound Veil, and Synthesis.

ICQ proccing the EM was a bug and needed to be fixed but I am suprised they blocked it from proccing trinkets and essences... Oh well at the end of the day their are too many rogues now and maybe this thins some out...
    you are a **** head.

I dissagree undrsiege has been becoming a better poster. He is far far better than pfalcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Pfalcon just like to troll. I am pretty sure he do that on purpose.
    If we just stop the flame, all the treads will serve us far better.

Ascendant

So after a few conversations I have found out the true reason it was considerd a BUG. It was not changed because it was not acting like other similar skills. It was changed for the simple reason that the dot from IQS is not considered a ranged weapon attack and is in fact a proc off of an ability. So if you was wondering why it was nerfed and other skills were not changed then that is the answer. The explanation should have been explained in a more timely manner.....
    Last edited by Undrsiege; 11-09-2011 at 01:10 AM.

Champion

The AoE procs thing is a bug fix.

"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn..".

Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post

The ability description change doesn't touch on this at all, the function is unchanged. All this note means is that the LGV/etc tooltips are now formatted so they are readable as opposed to the previous wall of text.

I'd like your source for this "true reason it's considered a bug", to be a purple poster, otherwise I take it with a grain of salt.

Trion: Call this what it is when you put out the patch notes on live, a nerf, not a bug fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    The AoE procs thing is a bug fix.
    Unsure what you're referring to, please clarify.
    Last edited by Adnoz; 11-09-2011 at 02:25 AM.

(Gear)

Champion

Unsure what you're referring to, please clarify.
    I was referring to the 100% proc rate on MM amo, not sure my self if you were including this fix in the "2 nerfs"

"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn..".

Qan

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    I was referring to the 100% proc rate on MM amo, not sure my self if you were including this fix in the "2 nerfs"
    o_O I assume you are referring to Vampiric Munitions?
    Vampiric Munitions has a 20% proc chance.
    A few patches ago, an internal GCD was added to all munitons procs in AoE that causes them to proc a maximum of once per second.
    The change being made will reduce the chance to proc Munitions by dividing the proc chance by the number of targets hit.
    There was never any bug with AoE munition procs.
    This is a nerf (mostly for PvP and VM)

Adnoz was referring to 2 different nerfs.
    1) MM crystal 4-piece from 50% to 30%
    2) IQS bleed not proccing anything
    Last edited by Qan; 11-09-2011 at 03:43 AM.
    Rogue DPS BiS | Critical Hit | Soft Cap: 1187 | Hard Cap: 3163
    Retired | ANet: Qan.4672 | Steam: qankriegor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast