+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: *Blood and Fire* A Final PVP [Guide] from Vixtrola

Default *Blood and Fire* A Final PVP [Guide] from Vixtrola

It's been a good run over the course of almost a year I have had a lot of fun with this game but I find it's time for a break. Skyrim is coming out and honestly just need a change of pace for awhile. After hitting rank 8 I found myself with no desire to even grind warfronts to get enough favor to complete the R8 set. That said I wanted to share one last spec for now. This is my current go to melee spec and really my favorite spec right now. Between this and my boomstick I haven't really played many others in the last few weeks. So on with the guide and like my other guides I will provide my macros but obviously tailor them to suit your playstyle.

The Spec
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...kR.VhtouobRs.V

Macros
    #show Puncture
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Expose Weakness
    cast Cut and Run
    cast Puncture
    cast Backstab
    cast Dusk Strike
    cast Twilight Force
    cast Primal Strike
    cast Fiery Spike

#show Scourge of Darkness
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Scourge of Darkness
    cast Final Blow
    cast Flame Thrust

#show Ebon Fury
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Ebon Fury
    cast Poison Malice

Impale, foul play, shadow shift, malicious strike, enduring brew, twilight shelter, slip away, weapon flare on there own buttons.

Buffs
    Baneful Touch, Planebound Resilience, Lethal Poison, Fell Blades

PlayStyle
    The Blood and Fire spec concept is basically maximizing sin bleed damage combined with as much possible damage I can get out of nightblade abilities with limited points. The result can pack one hell of a punch and one of the only spec's i found I can burst down certain soul combos. The standard rotation is open with jagged-->Builder macro to 5 CP--->Impale-->Foul Play--->Builder--->Scourge-->Builder--->Finisher Macro. With jagged and impale already ticking away you add on scourge and its some pretty insane burst. I know variations of this spec have been around for awhile but most I've seen are usually only go 16 NB or lower sin and higher NB. I fine this point spread is a great medium and works very well. 5 in RS helps in so many ways I find it crucial to the build. 15% AP alone is huge at R8 also the extra health and shift are invaluable as well.

The basic rotation is usually good for most situations. Obviously if your opponent is low on health you can open with a assassinate to finish them off.
    For defense you have several tools at your disposal. Enduring brew with 1k AP crit heals for about 2k combine that with healing from Mighty Healing pot and you pretty much have a full heal anytime mighty isn't on CD. Twilight Shelter and Slip away can be big lifesavers. How and when to use them has so much to do with situation it's hard to give advice on exactly when to use them. Gauge the battle and your opponents if you know you are about to get stomped by 10 people don't bother wasting them even slip away is not worth wasting to try and escape especially in warfronts your better off just respawing most of the time. Slip away can be used in so many ways just don't forget you can paralyze strike if needed but generally I use slip away to get another jagged up or assassinate. Fell blade healing also helps a lot in keeping you going that extra few seconds which can be critical in fights. With my "Basic Sin" spec I was getting mad about how crappy anathema is now when you compare it to fell blades and any decent healer I found would remove it which made it almost useless as a debuff. Weapon flare is also a good tool to use when you are getting back up heals and can run into a group and spam it to spread fell blades around.

Ebon Fury and Poison malice help give you some extra burst. With these I found it possible to drop some previously unkillable clerics and mages I had been kicking myself over, cause I just could not beat them. Generally I will pop both of them on very difficult oppenents after doing my standard rotation listed above right when you get scourge up. This spec is also limited in its range(20m max), you do have shadow shift to help try and catch MM's or other runners and malicious strike to try and keep them from running again. I really haven't had many issues getting kited with this spec. But you can always slip away then shift to them and start your rotation again. I never found a MM that could live through my basic opening rotation from stealth.

I could write 5 pages of what I feel works best against x soul combo or x class but it really depends on the player behind the build. I have taken down R8's of every class but there have been plenty of R8's out there I just could not beat. Play, learn, improve.

Thanks everyone for the support over the last year and glad I could contribute to the community here. I will be in and out to answer any questions on this spec or any of my other specs. I'll probably pop in once 1.6 is out to see if anything fun comes of it. Hopefully trion will listen to the community and add some meaningful PVP to the game in the future cause I just have lost the desire to que up another thousand warfronts for no purpose really...but every game looses its appeal after played enough and think that point has come for me so it's time for a break:P.
    Last edited by sanosuke; 11-08-2011 at 04:43 PM.
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Thanks for the contributions you made to the class and game for that matter. Good luck in the future.
    Thranimal - Rogue
    <Odium>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Telaran

Looks like a good spec. Thx for all you did here as well.

Thanks for the spec, but I won't need it.

I'm off to Skyrim on Friday also.
    Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to believe?

I believe this will be energy starved constantly?
    I tried a similar one in the past and i had energy issues often.

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxication View Post
    I believe this will be energy starved constantly?
    I tried a similar one in the past and i had energy issues often.
    it can be.. but never really noticed to many issues. Could always drop puncture if you notice having energy issues
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.

Qia

Why are you using "Align Center"?
    Ip

Quote Originally Posted by Qia View Post
    Why are you using "Align Center"?
    have done it with all my guides for the most part.. no reason really

Thanks for this spec, it looks like a great mix of Assassin and Nightblade and a viable alternative to Nightblade/RS, and FUN.

Sorry that you're leaving but, Happy Trails!
    Garn - Warrior [50][R4]
    Malazarti - Mage [50][R4]
    Vorg - Rogue [50][R5]
    Jarasha - Cleric [50][R1]
    <The Prismatic Order> a GLBTQ friendly guild on Byriel

Quote Originally Posted by Warmane View Post
    Thanks for this spec, it looks like a great mix of Assassin and Nightblade and a viable alternative to Nightblade/RS, and FUN.

Sorry that you're leaving but, Happy Trails!
    no problem it's a lot of fun and I find it more fun than NB/RS. Obviously it's a lot less durable but it's capable of putting out really good amount of damage in a pretty short time frame.

thanks everyone for the nice words and maybe ill be back one day if not see you in Star Wars or GW2!

Thanks for supporting me and the Rift community sanosuke, hope you come back soon =]!
    http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6849/senokasigzl1.jpg
    Senoko - R50 Rogue, Greybriar - Guardian
    Subscribe/Watch my vids! - http://www.youtube.com/user/iTzSenoko
    Check out my livestream! http://www.twitch.tv/Senoko
    Latest PvP video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_AV7xpAFSg

Rift Disciple

Thanks from me too. I may try this build as an alternative to the NB/RS that I am honestly kind of bored with. Good when it works, hell when it doesn't...and always due to how much damage it can put on the target.

Sad to see you leave! I liked the little spec-mindstorming we did a little while ago, I had a similar spec like this, with some points moved around here and there, less weapon enchant damage and 5/5 heat retention for example and I'm not 100% sure if I can go for points into poison mastery and if I do go into it, how deep, with a 32-ish assassin/nb kinda build

Anyway, I tend to run a 10 mm 38 nb 18 rs build most of the times and I have an everchanging assassin build I can't ever get right. 51 sin with 15 bd or mm (or 12 mm 3 rs), 32 sin 16 nb 18 rs, 32 sin 29 nb 5 rs, some 32 sin 12 mm 20 rs + 2 build, etc. gotta get that heal debuff

Anyway /salute and take care!

EDIT remove heal debuff from NB and add it to deep sin kktnxbye!
    Last edited by Pendu; 11-09-2011 at 02:59 PM.
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

Quote Originally Posted by Pendu View Post
    Sad to see you leave! I liked the little spec-mindstorming we did a little while ago, I had a similar spec like this, with some points moved around here and there, less weapon enchant damage and 5/5 heat retention for example and I'm not 100% sure if I can go for points into poison mastery and if I do go into it, how deep, with a 32-ish assassin/nb kinda build

Anyway, I tend to run a 10 mm 38 nb 18 rs build most of the times and I have an everchanging assassin build I can't ever get right. 51 sin with 15 bd or mm (or 12 mm 3 rs), 32 sin 16 nb 18 rs, 32 sin 29 nb 5 rs, some 32 sin 12 mm 20 rs + 2 build, etc. gotta get that heal debuff

Anyway /salute and take care!

EDIT remove heal debuff from NB and add it to deep sin kktnxbye!
    yea I changed my sin build so often playing pretty much all the ones you described but settled with this one or my Basic Sin Build in my sig.. they really need to revamp the pvp souls across the board. Maybe one day they will but doesn't seem like it's a priority at all right now. Take care my friend

Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke View Post
    yea I changed my sin build so often playing pretty much all the ones you described but settled with this one or my Basic Sin Build in my sig.. they really need to revamp the pvp souls across the board. Maybe one day they will but doesn't seem like it's a priority at all right now. Take care my friend
    I've still got to try the basic sin build you made, it was Sin / MM / Inf right?

I'll gut some guardians in your honor whilst trying to discover the perfect build! Take care
    it's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast