+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Riftstalker Mitigation Fix

Default Riftstalker Mitigation Fix

Triple [or whatever] the armor value on tank leather.

/fixed
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Yep.

/10chars
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    Mirage of Faeblight

Ascendant

I can already see the complaints about something regarding PvP and RS-soul combo, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    I can already see the complaints about something regarding PvP and RS-soul combo, lol.
    armour means nothing in PvP because everyone is a caster, a Riftblade, a Nightblade, or FANOUT, it's an elegant solution!
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 11-08-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    armour means nothing in PvP because everyone is a caster, a Riftblade, a Nightblade, or FANOUT, it's an elegant solution!
    Fan out is the next Chuck Norris! Anyway, sarcasm aside, people will find a way to complain/shoot it down before it would even be considered.

Honestly, even though do both PvE and PvP, I feel that a lot changes to souls probably never see the PTS or live shards due to PvP complaints. :\
    Last edited by Adastra; 11-08-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Completely irrelevant for PVP

Revalue armor on **TANK LEATHER** which has no valor and low dex

next
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Ascendant

Oh right, I was under the impression of guardian phase increasing the armor bonus by that much. Although, one slight problem with making tank leather have 3x more armor than it does now. It technically would cost some stat budgeting on the items, so you would probably lose stats like dex/end on those items to make up for the extra armor. Assuming Trion did not want to overbudget the items anyway.

it's trion's game. i guess my suggestion boils down to tank leather being undervalued in their system? regardless they can adjust these values arbitrarily so it shouldn't be a problem - and they can convert all the dodge/parry/strength on all of my gear into armor value as currently it ain't doing much for 10k autoattacks
    Last edited by ShazzamCrucia; 11-08-2011 at 01:44 PM.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Quote Originally Posted by ShazzamCrucia View Post
    Completely irrelevant for PVP

Revalue armor on **TANK LEATHER** which has no valor and low dex

next
    you seem to be underestimating the capacity for players, especially PvPers, to find something to complain about

justicars: why doesn't cleric tank gear have more armour??
    warriors: i wear plate!
    dps rogues: this is a clear nerf to the marksman soul
    mages: i, too, require more armour because i use heatwave upon entering combat
    fresh 50 riftstalker: i am rogue i should avoidance tank armour on leather is dumb gg trion unsub
    warriors (redux): FOUR TANK SOULS

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    Oh right, I was under the impression of guardian phase increasing the armor bonus by that much. Although, one slight problem with making tank leather have 3x more armor than it does now. It technically would cost some stat budgeting on the items, so you would probably lose stats like dex/end on those items to make up for the extra armor. Assuming Trion did not want to overbudget the items anyway.
    I'm pretty sure when they budget armor pieces, any budgeting on armor would be making an item higher then the base armor for the tier.

For example, I don't see lower stats on plate then I see on cloth pieces.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    I'm pretty sure when they budget armor pieces, any budgeting on armor would be making an item higher then the base armor for the tier.

For example, I don't see lower stats on plate then I see on cloth pieces.
    Yeah, I know that each armor at a certain tier has a base armor. In this case, they'd probably just add extra armor as a bonus stat. For instance the relic tank chest default stats.

Zardonis' Shade Stalker Tunic
    Bind on pickup
    Leather Armor
    Chest
    Armor 961
    Toughness +63
    Endurance +53
    Dexterity +25
    Strength +20
    Parry +23
    Dodge +24

Same chest below, but with stats readjusted for more armor (abitrary, since I don't know the exact budget values).

Zardonis' Shade Stalker Tunic
    Bind on pickup
    Leather Armor
    Chest
    Armor 961
    Toughness +63
    Endurance +48
    Dexterity +23
    Strength +15
    Dodge +16
    Armor +1922

Edit: Although, I would like to put some +deflect on that. Since we have that stat now. D:
    Last edited by Adastra; 11-08-2011 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShazzamCrucia View Post
    Triple [or whatever] the armor value on tank leather.

/fixed
    My thought....

Make any +dodge bonus also add +deflect.

Or you know... they could change all your dodge itemization to deflect itemization. That'd be SOOOOO much work apparently though.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

I'm not sure armor is part of an item's budget. How often do you see an increase in armor on like-leveled items? And even if that is part of the budget, it can't cost too much. What're the stat comparisons between plate and leather HK Greater mark gear?
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    Mirage of Faeblight

Rasmolov's:

Armor 1738
    Strength 26
    Dexterity 20
    Endurance 53

Block 57

Parry 17
    Dodge 0

Toughness 63.

Totals:

Armor 1731.
    "Prime stats": 99.
    Block: 57
    "Secondary stats": 17

Zardonis:

Armor 961
    Strength 20
    Dexterity 25
    Endurance 53

Block 0

Parry 23
    Dodge 24

Totals:

Armor 961.
    "Prime": 98
    Block: 0
    "Secondary": 47.

Toughness values are identical, so the Rogue leather has -2 Primary stats, -57 "block value" stats, and -777 armor, with an additional 30 secondary stats.

I find it hard to believe 30 Dodge/Parry is worth 2 Dex, 57 Block equivalent, and 777 armor.
    Mirage of Faeblight

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Scony View Post
    -snip-

Toughness values are identical, so the Rogue leather has -2 Primary stats, -57 "block value" stats, and -777 armor, with an additional 30 secondary stats.

I find it hard to believe 30 Dodge/Parry is worth 2 Dex, 57 Block equivalent, and 777 armor.
    I feel I did not explain myself properly, but in the quoted part from your post, I would not count the base armor as part of the itemization budget. So we're really looking at a difference of +/- 2 primary stats and ~30 dodge/parry vs. the 57 block.

What I was trying to get at originally was that Trion could assign bonus armor on top of the base armor for that tier as a bonus stat, which would count against the budget for the item.

For example the T2 Raid Zardonis (epic version) Tank and DPS leather Chest both have a base armor of 863. If we wanted to give the Zardonis (Tank) Chest bonus armor of 1600 on top of the 863 for a total of 2463 armor, then the 1600 bonus armor should count against the budget.

I know this is mostly pointless right now because I don't think there's any item in the game that currently has bonus armor as a stat on an item, although I could be mistaken.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast