+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By farore

Thread: Suggestion: Bard Weapon Enchants.

Default Suggestion: Bard Weapon Enchants.

Why? Bard abilities dont use melee OR ranged weapon enchants (EM or Assn Poisons).

Will be fair to have some kind of sonic enchants, maybe to increase Dmg, or healing, or doing some support debuff.

For example:
    * Turn Coda of Distress on a weapon enchant with 20% chance to proc on a finisher;
    * Add X healing to every life dmg/bard ability (very very low healing, like 5% of dmg done on all attacks);
    * A Enchant that reduces dmg done from the target by x%;
    * A simple dmg buff, increasing life dmg by x% (usefull on 5-mans, for example)

Flame, discuss, suggest
    Last edited by Aldus Kalander; 11-08-2011 at 06:41 AM.
    yes, my main Soul as a Rogue is Bard...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aldus Kalander View Post
    Why? Bard abilities dont use melee OR ranged weapon enchants (EM or Assn Poisons).

Will be fair to have some kind of sonic enchants, maybe to increase Dmg, or healing, or doing some support debuff.

For example:
    * Turn Coda of Distress on a weapon enchant with 20% chance to proc on a finisher;
    * Add X healing to every life dmg/bard ability (very very low healing, like 5% of dmg done on all attacks);
    * A Enchant that reduces dmg done from the target by x%;
    * A simple dmg buff, increasing life dmg by x% (usefull on 5-mans, for example)

Flame, discuss, suggest
    Some interesting ideas, although, I'm not really too into the idea of having a weapon enchant for bards. I would prefer them to be able to change "stances" or instruments so they can perform a sub-role better. ie. An instrument/stance that allowed motifs to last longer and are much more potent, at a cost of your heals and such being much weaker, another stance that made your heals far stronger, but your motifs are much weaker, and finally the default stance that makes you function as the bard currently does right now.

Part of the problem with the bard soul is that it's just a motif mashing soul that most rogues do not enjoy doing. I personally don't mind playing bard from time to time, but I can see how being a full time bard would be annoying and frustrating. The bard soul needs to be able to make a bigger impact without making them a master of all trades, via stances/instrument suggestion I made.
    Last edited by Adastra; 11-08-2011 at 07:42 AM.

I get your idea.. but i think that instances (or instruments, loved that concept) would create just 3 modes (dps/healer/support).

As weapons enchants can be used 2 at the same time, you can get nice combinations to fit the need of the party/raid, like using a debuff and a dmg combination to max group dps, or only debuffs if you get a party with good healer and dps. With 4 enchants we can have up to 6 combinations.

Also, the idea to have a way to make motifs last longer, like a 20% chance on Codas to refresh then all is a old (and good) one from the community.

but ANY kind of improvement on mechanics to the bard soul is welcome.
    Trion take a nice step with fanfarres in 1.6, and Jeopardy will make bard more popular in 5 mans, but the Bards still need a little bit more.
    Last edited by Aldus Kalander; 11-08-2011 at 08:03 AM.

I know I am going to get trolled for this. But I really like bards, blade dancer and sab there own weapon enchantments. As it stands now only sin and nb work on bard and itís a very low proc rate. MM should be compatible with bard and sab does not even work on them.

Anyways the idea looks good. I do like the stance idea and make them different for different roles. Make bard a more intresting soul to play. As it stands I am the only official guild bard. If you even mention bard in guild people hide under rocks.

I donít find it all that bad. Once I figure out how to macro my motifs with abilities. I may have 12 macro buttons. But at least they stay up and I can actually do dps at the same time. But what a pain a person has to go through to make them macro in first place.
    Let freedom ring and all trolls hide under the bridge

Ascendant

Ideally, my suggestion was to make it so that it could be beneficial to have more than one bard in a raid. For instance, lets say if your raid healer Chloro and/or your -icar cleric can't make it to the raid that night, you could have a second bard fill in that spot using the healing stance/instrument while the other bard handles the motif/buffs. Even without that hypothetical situation of players missing a raid. A raid leader should be able to say... "Okay, I think we need more raid heals from a bard, chloro or -icar cleric to help out." Instead of just a Chloro/-icar
    Last edited by Adastra; 11-08-2011 at 08:54 AM.

I confess not being a fan of making bard a healing soul...

But i think that some kind of buff/debuff could make for that, like:
    * a debuff that reduces AoE (or all) dmg from the target by x%
    * A skill to increase some motifs effects as a kind of "Sonic Wall". Making it on a countdown, like 2 min, and up the motifs effects by 15%, thats 20% reduced dmg, 20% bigger heals to all healers, 20% crit on heals only, etc.

With x% dmg reduction and x% increase to heals (with x>5%) the support from the Bard could make the healers feel as good as they have 1 more, without compete with them. Thats the idea of a support role to me.
    Last edited by Aldus Kalander; 11-08-2011 at 09:16 AM.

Still on support x heal :

* a debuff (Coda), with 3min CD, that make attackers heal from a small % of their dmg done, like 2%/4%/6%/8%/10% (per combo point) for 15secs. Then the dps heal themselfs, just a little, but enough to not wipe. That's support, not healing. A 1,5k Dps would have a 150hps to himself for 15secs, thats 150*15 = 2250 heal overtime on a specific fight.

Ascendant

I like those ideas as well, although, I don't particularly agree with making them as a 2-3 min cooldown deal. I would not mind sacrificing our low heals (perhaps through a stance lol) for having a stronger buff/debuff that also helps other people heal better, instead of the bard doing the healing.

As for putting a debuff on a mob for healing, it would sound like a different and much weaker version of Radiant Spores from the Chloromancer and with a cooldown. Maybe if it returned both hp and mana it could be justified. Alternatively, you could make a mana return version of Radiant Spores with a lower damage to mana ratio. 10-20% chance to return 10-15% of the damage you dealt in mana. It would help for caster dps classes that do not have a self mana recovery outside of sucking down mana pots.

Ok, I have an anther radical idea for a bard. Since its dps is so low. Why not add pets to the bard tree. I was thinking of musical note. But in the more traditional since and Not the ones people are seeing today.
    So for example;
    Tanking pet could be the Trent
    Dps could be the banshee or shade
    Healing one could be the Pam

These pets would have the ability to make the motifs last longer based on what duties they perform. Healing one would keep the healing motif going. This way you get the much need dps from bard. You add a pet class. Beside Trion has all the data its needs to put in place. Just need to figure out a few core abilities

So how bad is this idea? My 7 year came up with the idea. After looking over bard data this could solve its lack luster dps and healing problems. That the core problem. It seem to me bard was meant to be a pet class, but for some reason never had a pet.
    Let freedom ring and all trolls hide under the bridge

Telaran

Give bard different instruments!

Like drums = melee buffs
    Flute = caster buffs
    Trumpet = tank buffs
    etc.

+ Reply to Thread