+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Matron Zamira (Need some help)

Soulwalker

Default Matron Zamira (Need some help)

Yesterday we we finaly killed Soulrender Zilas and today we are going to Matron.
    It will be our first time on this boss in HK and I need some Rogue help or advise about usefull builds there.
    For main fight on the same level where Matron is i was going to use Hoko's Marksmann Build - 38mm/28rng/0rs.
    But I think that 99% i will be assigned for Library Tom Clicking Duty
    -> Is it good or bad idead?
    ->If bad idead to use the rogue for this please tell then what is better to use there?
    -> It it is ok to use rogue for Tom clicking what build is better to go there?
    I read a lot of different info in Internet about this fight:
    Somebody said that MM/Rng is good there.
    Others were using Sin/NB (Gas Bobm ---> Click Tom ----> Slip Away)
    On one video i saw two people there...

So I really confused,and want to ask what you sugest for this fight...
    Thx a lot for help!
    Last edited by Silvian; 11-07-2011 at 03:36 AM.

it's not a bad idea at all for a rogue to do it. in fact its pretty simple.

not sure what the build is but its a NB/RS build. We usually have a rogue up there doing it and he doesn't have any problems. Someone will link the build for ya, or search forums for it.
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

if DPS on matron:
    51MM/14Ranger/1RS

if Tome clicker:

51Sin/15NB.

First tome: Click
    Second tome: Sap/incapacitate : click > stealth again
    Third tome: Sap AND incap (1 using the sin, 1 using the NB one, NOT the same one on both) > Click > stealth again

4th Tome > Blind/stun all 3 for 8 seconds, Click > Slipaway

---

---

"We are the Red Order within the immortal Chaos. We are Shadowblade."

We routinely use 2 rogues on the tome clicking. one specced 51mm/14rng/1rs and the other specced ranged sab.

Sab use aoe slow and land mines to slow/repel the shadow while the MM kills it.

After using 3 tomes, we both come down to finish the boss off.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Temko Firewing View Post
    if DPS on matron:
    51MM/14Ranger/1RS

if Tome clicker:

51Sin/15NB.

First tome: Click
    Second tome: Sap/incapacitate : click > stealth again
    Third tome: Sap AND incap (1 using the sin, 1 using the NB one, NOT the same one on both) > Click > stealth again

4th Tome > Blind/stun all 3 for 8 seconds, Click > Slipaway

---

---
    So after i click the first tom .... near the others toms will be 1 add spawn....
    And i simply sap him and click the tom ...then it will be 2 mobs near last two toms...
    Again i simply sap both of them with Sin's sap and NB's sap....then click tom ...
    So at the last tom should be 3 mobs ... and here i want to ask a question for not to be one shoted by this 3 mobs...should i go to them in stealth and then when i close enought use blined ...or how ... ?
    Really Don't want to f*** up the raid at first try

P.S. And thx everyone for help btw....much appreciated!

And one more question...as i understand fight could be overed with only 3 toms clicked...So is this depends mostly on MT's survivability?
    Last edited by Silvian; 11-07-2011 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvian View Post
    So after i click the first tom .... near the others toms will be 1 add spawn....
    And i simply sap him and click the tom ...then it will be 2 mobs near last two toms...
    Again i simply sap both of them with Sin's sap and NB's sap....then click tom ...
    So at the last tom should be 3 mobs ... and here i want to ask a question for not to be one shoted by this 3 mobs...should i go to them in stealth and then when i close enought use blined ...or how ... ?
    Really Don't want to f*** up the raid at first try

P.S. And thx everyone for help btw....much appreciated!

And one more question...as i understand fight could be overed with only 3 toms clicked...So is this depends mostly on MT's survivability?
    Well as soon as you activate the fourth tome the fight shifts gears to its second phase, which blows, there is no reason IMO to click that fourth tome unless you have like 40 stacks, at which point your DPS is probably too low to win this fight consistently anyway. You shouldn't really ever need the fourth tome.
    Last edited by Gyle; 11-07-2011 at 04:28 AM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Hargin View Post
    We routinely use 2 rogues on the tome clicking. one specced 51mm/14rng/1rs and the other specced ranged sab.

Sab use aoe slow and land mines to slow/repel the shadow while the MM kills it.

After using 3 tomes, we both come down to finish the boss off.
    That seems like a huge waste.

Have been doing it solo for quite some time now, always been using a ranged spec (ranger/sin/mm pre buffs, 51mm/15rng after).

While sin works too, it's already boring as is. Doing nothing for even more time isn't something I could do.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    Well as soon as you activate the fourth tome the fight shifts gears to its second phase, which blows, there is no reason IMO to click that fourth tome unless you have like 40 stacks, at which point your DPS is probably too low to win this fight consistently anyway. You shouldn't really ever need the fourth tome.

Well according to our raid dps 1st: on Murdantix - this one went really fast ... 2nd: Zilas - the same situation...so with raid dps souldn't be any problems...but how to figure out the number of stacks on tank that needed to be removed..? Well this is maybe tank will be decided but just might be good to know the approximate number ...like 20-30 or 30-40 ... so that should be enough to do this with 3 toms clicking?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Leslol View Post
    That seems like a huge waste.

Have been doing it solo for quite some time now, always been using a ranged spec (ranger/sin/mm pre buffs, 51mm/15rng after).

While sin works too, it's already boring as is. Doing nothing for even more time isn't something I could do.
    Well, i was on crystal duty on Soulrender .... for 3 weeks everytime ... so i wouldn't mind to stay and do nothig on Matron ))
    Last edited by Silvian; 11-07-2011 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvian View Post
    Well according to our raid dps 1st: on Murdantix - this one went really fast ... 2nd: Zilas - the same situation...so with raid dps souldn't be any problems...but how to figure out the number of stacks on tank that needed to be removed..? Well this is maybe tank will be decided but just might be good to know the approximate number ...like 20-30 or 30-40 ... so that should be enough to do this with 3 toms clicking?
    I would say 35-ish is a good number. Depending on your melee's death resist they may need to back out at about 30 stacks, but 35-ish seems to be a common number.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

try 35 stacks for first and second tome, 25 for third.

If your Rdps is good, you won't have trouble sending 2 people to the upper floor, and that makes the phase really easy

Soulwalker

Honestly I found it easiest to just head up there with a cleric tank, click first tome at 32 (which will go off at around 35) he grabs adds at second and third we burn them down then click second around 30 he grabs the single add at 3rd burn it down. At this point he swaps specs to something useful and heads down to the raid I wait to click 3rd at around 30% then run down and join the raid for the kill shot.

Soulwalker

Really usefull information for me ... thank you very much for your help ... now i am a little bit prepared for this fight ... hope this thread will be usefull for sombody else as well ...

Thx a lot once again!

we did it:

22 stacks first tome
    22 stacks second tome
    15 stacks third tome
    she dies around 10 stacks again.

first down was : 26, 26, 24, 18 left on death.

----

On the last tome (4th) - which someone did mention you shouldn't realy need - you go in stealth and wait to use blinding powder, click tome and use slipaway, or if it's on cooldown, you die. by that point you are useless :P

"We are the Red Order within the immortal Chaos. We are Shadowblade."

Soulwalker

... or if it's on cooldown, you die. by that point you are useless :P

Well ... i don't see real reason Slip Away to be on the CD if i'm not gona use it on anything esle except the mobs staying near the last tom what actually should not be clicked in normal situation
    Last edited by Silvian; 11-07-2011 at 05:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast