+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pvp gear question...

Default pvp gear question...

so, i'm a p5 rogue. i have all the p4 gear, and the p5 boots, gloves and belt. i'm noticing i'm not having a hard time killing people in pvp, unless its a p8 warrior with a shield, or a really really good healer. even then, i'll win out in the end if i'm not attacked by anyone else. the real trick is that i have a savage beast carver and a fang of the life lord. so pretty much a p8 wep, and a p6++ wep.

my question is, should i go for the rest of the armor, or should i concentrate on making a pvp sigil first. i'm revered with the unseen, so i have access to all the good essences. tje current sigil i use is an AP sigil, with 94 str, 116 dex, and 62 ap (no crit). would i gain more benefit from getting the rest of the p5 gear, then eventually the p6 gear?

i got into pvp a bit late. notihing better to do atm late at night, so i just jump into WF's until i'm tired.

thanks for all you input!

Plane Touched

Nothing sucks more than getting to the weapon levels and not having enough to upgrade everything. I'm not touching the pvp lessers until i have my p8 weapons. Also there is better pve lessers coming out so using the pvp ones might become too big a dps hit.

lgw

Neglecting your non-standard slots for Valour is a huge loss in surviability and hence a mistake.

You might get a little extra offense out of PVE essences and other slots, but it only takes one good opponent to notice your killing spree and you being squishy, and you'll counting the grass most of that WF.
    The only big extra upgrade you still lack is a T4 ranged weapon, and the PVP is cheap enough to gather the Favour on the way from P7 to P8. The rest is regularly upgrading your crystal for optimal 4pc bonus, and possibly the rings because they have a good price/stat ratio. But you can easily achieve all of this at your current Prestige.

i figured the essences were worth it, just wasn't 100% sure.

i'll probably go after the rings, as they are rather cheap. the gun, however, i don't need yet. i have a relic bow, so if i need to go MM, i can u se that and do more damage than a p6.

pretty much just need more survivability since they're nerfing NB's staying power in exchange for more damage.

Plane Touched

as a P8 rogue who also is a very skilled player and often out performs and WF he is in or goes flawless in world pvp the point of the pvp lessers is the valor.

PvE mindset is stats and parses...but living or dying are the only factors in pvp. Valor will be your end all stat. I wear every possible valor upgrade except the helm enchant and i still melt players down in seconds.

Other P8's will take nothing more than a rotation or 2 unless being healed by multiple. Currently i sit at 48% dmg reduction through valor and play 51 sin 15 inf 0 ranger almost 99% of the time.

hope this helps!

+ Reply to Thread