+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Pure theorycrafting bard build.

  1. #1
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default Pure theorycrafting bard build.

    Just for giggles I am trying to build a maximized hps bard. No concern for having VoJ etc just trying to pump out as much hps as possible. Obviously that brought me to blade dancer BUT I am wondering about the third soul. I coul go 17 into Sin to get magnify pain OR just do 10 points in MM to get the AP boost, that in my regular 51 point bard build is up so often it's just darn silly.

    So the question is Sin or MM? Any thoughts.

  2. #2
    Koe
    Koe is offline
    Ascendant Koe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    17 sin is a must.

    32 bard 17 sin, last can go in MM or BD.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    17 sin is a must.

    32 bard 17 sin, last can go in MM or BD.
    I guess it would be BD if you want to max out Cadance well with Deadly dance and MM if you were looking to primarily boost CoR due to the AP scaling? Mmmm decisions decisions. Thanks Koe
    Last edited by Galibier; 11-06-2011 at 11:20 PM.

  4. #4
    Shadowlander Bloodangel90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Anybody happen to know if Sniper Training and Master Archer happen to effect Cadence?

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Zeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    143

    Default

    There's no theorycrafting involved, lol, it's called battlebard.

    This is my spec when i just wanna have fun, really has no place in a raid environment because no fanfare of knowledge, but seeing those numbers is very fun nonetheless ^^

    Pretty easy stuff, lots of 2combo point builders to build fast cps, open with flash of steel, and the rest is easy.

    This is a pure cadence build.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...cbqV0ckVz.Vf0N
    Last edited by Zeth; 11-07-2011 at 08:19 AM.

    <BREAKING BADS> : HK 11/11 : ID 5/8 : Main Bard
    Breakings Bads is currently looking for an amazing INFERNAL DAWN Ready MAGE. Apply at Breaking Bads Website

  6. #6
    Plane Touched Solace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    210

    Default

    battlebard might seem the obvious choice but if you want hps coda of resto and motif of regen must be considered. try to compare battlebard with this build, remember to use annihilate for extra AP http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....EcbqioskVz.Vc if you want battlebard for hps then http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....Ecbqi0skVz.Vh
    Last edited by Solace; 11-07-2011 at 04:59 PM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth View Post
    There's no theorycrafting involved, lol, it's called battlebard.

    This is my spec when i just wanna have fun, really has no place in a raid environment because no fanfare of knowledge, but seeing those numbers is very fun nonetheless ^^

    Pretty easy stuff, lots of 2combo point builders to build fast cps, open with flash of steel, and the rest is easy.

    This is a pure cadence build.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...cbqV0ckVz.Vf0N
    I knew battlebard and was one of the first proponents of it for soloing and 5 mans. I was just wondering if there was something more hps optimized at the cost of the extra dps nattlebard brings. The basic idea is this. Due to vacations and such my guild will be healer light (cleric to be specific). As such we were considering an experiment of running a 2nd bard who is there purely as a supplemental raid healer as our dps is more than fine until we can get the situation sorted out.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Maybe I am missing something. What is the point of maxing out cadence if you don't atleast go 44 for the heal finisher. If you want to focus on cadence, you are focusing on healing and not damage. If you are focusing on healing, why use a spec that heals less. Not being able to hit the heal finisher (+ a point to indisputably get the 1m reuse heal ability), is a bigger loss in healing than what you get for dropping it to potentize Cadence, especially when you have a chance to use virtuoso if healing is your focus. Solo or with a group, you'll be able to heal way better with atleast 44. It just seems too circular to pass up. Like I said. Focus on Cadence ---> focus on heals ---> spec less than 44 and end up with subpar healing capability compared.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Zeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Well battlebard is specifically for 5 mans, like i said it really has no place in raid situations(unless ur doing raidrifts, then it's fine), you mind as well go 51 bard if you're going to run 2 bards for raids.
    Last edited by Zeth; 11-07-2011 at 09:03 PM.

    <BREAKING BADS> : HK 11/11 : ID 5/8 : Main Bard
    Breakings Bads is currently looking for an amazing INFERNAL DAWN Ready MAGE. Apply at Breaking Bads Website

  10. #10
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Maybe I am missing something. What is the point of maxing out cadence if you don't atleast go 44 for the heal finisher. If you want to focus on cadence, you are focusing on healing and not damage. If you are focusing on healing, why use a spec that heals less. Not being able to hit the heal finisher (+ a point to indisputably get the 1m reuse heal ability), is a bigger loss in healing than what you get for dropping it to potentize Cadence, especially when you have a chance to use virtuoso if healing is your focus. Solo or with a group, you'll be able to heal way better with atleast 44. It just seems too circular to pass up. Like I said. Focus on Cadence ---> focus on heals ---> spec less than 44 and end up with subpar healing capability compared.
    Well I assume u mean VoV. You have CoR well before that and most of the time VoV heals for less than most of the abilities now, especially due to the fact CoR now scales with AP and VoV still doesn't and without the HK crystal the cool down is way long. I will likely try a build that gives VoV but gear procs, cadnace and CoR are definitely the lions share of healing in most fights. If they ever did what they should and make VoV scale properly with AP that would be a different story.

    As for running a second 51 point bard that kinda kills the point of the exercise. We don't need another non-combat rez or VoJ all we need are more heals. Come 1.6 a single bard will be able to cast all of the 59 minute buffs at once. If you don't need the buffs (int/wis, VoJ etc.) Because someone else has that covered, that you get for going 51 points deep, why bother spending 51 points when you can put pints elsewhere that increase overall heal effectiveness. I know that battlebard is for 5 mans when it is the only bard. I was one od the first people using it. I am just trying to see if we can gimick a poor mans raid healer out of the build as a back up plan when we already have the raid required 51 bard present. It might not be possible but I like tinkering even if they don't always work.
    Last edited by Galibier; 11-07-2011 at 09:47 PM.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Mayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    I believe the bard bulid with the highest hps is 44bard-17assn-5RS.

    17 assassin in mandatory - it increases cadence by more then 8nb. Not the base damage, but the crits end up increasing overall hps of cadence. Then you get larger heal crits on CoR and VoV too.

    VoV isn't awesome, but it's good situationally. Like on Grug right after the knockback. Goes off faster then cleric aoe heals so pads hps.
    Last edited by Mayi; 11-07-2011 at 09:49 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

    NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

  12. #12
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    I believe the bard bulid with the highest hps is 44bard-17assn-5RS.

    17 assassin in mandatory - it increases cadence by more then 8nb. Not the base damage, but the crits end up increasing overall hps of cadence. Then you get larger heal crits on CoR and VoV too.

    VoV isn't awesome, but it's good situationally. Like on Grug right after the knockback. Goes off faster then cleric aoe heals so pads hps.
    Thanks Mayi. I know on some fights VOv is good for specific things. I just don't know why they don't put the same AP scaling on ot as CoR. With the cool down it's not like people will suddenly say we are real healers.

  13. #13
    Shadowlander Aldus Kalander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    I believe the bard bulid with the highest hps is 44bard-17assn-5RS.

    17 assassin in mandatory - it increases cadence by more then 8nb. Not the base damage, but the crits end up increasing overall hps of cadence. Then you get larger heal crits on CoR and VoV too.

    VoV isn't awesome, but it's good situationally. Like on Grug right after the knockback. Goes off faster then cleric aoe heals so pads hps.

    And just imagining... using a bard build with both 17assn-8nb, and 41 (or a little less) on bard would be a good build?
    You lose VoV, but dont have to think about annihilate. Cadence is stronger, CoR a little weaker, but the dmg is a bit higher. What you guys think about it?
    yes, my main Soul as a Rogue is Bard...

  14. #14
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aldus Kalander View Post
    And just imagining... using a bard build with both 17assn-8nb, and 41 (or a little less) on bard would be a good build?
    You lose VoV, but dont have to think about annihilate. Cadence is stronger, CoR a little weaker, but the dmg is a bit higher. What you guys think about it?
    I don't know man. If I was going to go to 41 at this point for pure hps I would probably stick with RS and just work Annihilate into the rotation. CoR is really the biggest hitter on any parse I do when I take out over healing so buffing cadance out the yin yang begins to make less and less sense to me as time moves on. With How seldom I use VoV on most fights I would even thing about going sub 40 in bard and getting 10 in MM to really get that AP up.
    Last edited by Galibier; 11-08-2011 at 06:26 AM.

  15. #15
    Rift Master youkiddingme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodangel90 View Post
    Anybody happen to know if Sniper Training and Master Archer happen to effect Cadence?

    In all reality I have no clue. I do have a running spec and general fun build with it. But no matter what build I use my dps is the same. Except for sin and nb build. It is weird. Thus, I really donít think so. Ammo does not proc off any bard abilities and is a weird aspect of ammo. They are only good for marks and ranger.

    That just seems weird. As sin poison and nb b blades work on all builds. It does seem a intrusting design flaw. The few responses I get from others is that ammo is for range and bard and sab are not range abilities. If anyone can figure out that statement, pleases explain to me.


    Is this what you are talking about?

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...iqskqz.x0x0V0V

    The only build ever have I seen dps actually increase by using a combo of bard and dps moves.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ickqiqskqz.0VM
    Let freedom ring and all trolls hide under the bridge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts