+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rennlc

Thread: Guardian Phase PvP?

Shadowlander

Default Guardian Phase PvP?

Has anyone come up with an offensive melee build that uses Guardian Phase? I wonder if Deflect would help against other melee classes.

Sure it works fine, but if you want the mobility to avoid being kited there won't be any room for a healing debuff in such a build.

Even before deflect you could do the same thing, but with deflect physical dps enemies gets easier.
    "The universe is a machine where you have been placed, and like a machine the outcome can be known. Every battle has already been won or lost. All that is left is for you to choose your side."

Shadowlander

Dunsparrow's oddly named solo spec is pretty good for pvp also as long as you don't want to kill healers, pretty sweet vs warriors and rogues though.

Plane Touched

A 50% hit to damage for stam and deflect doesn't seem worthwhile. Of course if i have the shard in blackgarden or library or the flag in whitefall or i'm alone at codex or carrying a crystal in portscion ill switch to guardian but to actually fight people and try to kill them? no way.

Champion

It's good with any RS PvP spec but there's no universal use for it because it depends on the situation. The most straight forward use of guardian phase is to turn it on whenever you're being attacked and not going to be making constructive attacks back if at all (ie when leading the charge, retreating, flag running, in a 1v1 during the duration of an immunity cd like blackout, neddra's, twilight shelter, etc etc.). Anyhow, if you're going to try to get the most out of your RS spec, you'll find yourself switching phases often.

+ Reply to Thread