+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Event boss solo build?

Soulwalker

Default Event boss solo build?

Long story short, what is the best build for killing zone event bosses? I have gone back to complete achievements in lower level zones, and even event bosses in freemarch give me a tough time (I often have to back off and let it go after someone else for awhile).

Is there any dps style build (preferably melee, I dont like kiting but if it is the most viable method I will do what I must) that can do this, or is it more likely to be a rs/bard style build that kills slow but lives forever?

Quote Originally Posted by mwpeck View Post
    Long story short, what is the best build for killing zone event bosses? I have gone back to complete achievements in lower level zones, and even event bosses in freemarch give me a tough time (I often have to back off and let it go after someone else for awhile).

Is there any dps style build (preferably melee, I dont like kiting but if it is the most viable method I will do what I must) that can do this, or is it more likely to be a rs/bard style build that kills slow but lives forever?
    Most of them just tickle anyway. There appears to be a few who do % of full HP attacks, these are the ones which are a rude awakening when you are well over leveled for them. Not that it makes much difference solo but if you v a % HP boss on level when there is an on level healer isn't noticed, but you against that mob in a lower zone when the one low level healer's heals are tiny, makes a huge difference.

Back to the topic in hand, you should be OK with anything going deepish into RS for normal event bosses with leaching poison and scavenge a few adds, or bard for Cadence. Or Ranger Bard also.

Remember you have as much invulnerability as planar charges you have in minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    Most of them just tickle anyway. There appears to be a few who do % of full HP attacks, these are the ones which are a rude awakening when you are well over leveled for them. Not that it makes much difference solo but if you v a % HP boss on level when there is an on level healer isn't noticed, but you against that mob in a lower zone when the one low level healer's heals are tiny, makes a huge difference.

Back to the topic in hand, you should be OK with anything going deepish into RS for normal event bosses with leaching poison and scavenge a few adds, or bard for Cadence. Or Ranger Bard also.

Remember you have as much invulnerability as planar charges you have in minutes.
    I think thats the problem, I just finished fighting off Veras in freemarch, and she has this cast ability that is maybe a 2-3 second cast, that did 800-1k damage every cast. Speced with an AoE grinding build that has 4.9k hp and uses leeching poison and rift scavenger (with no other mobs left around), my heal per second was only about 100-150, while I was taking roughly 300+ damage per second, I just couldn't DPS her down fast enough to kill her before she could kill me. If they are going to allow caster bosses to do percentage based damage, why cant we interrupt their casts? I tried both weapon barrage and planar disruption and neither one could interrupt her primary attack (the cast spell I mentioned above).

EDIT: I also wasn't using guardian phase, despite my aoe build having 22 RS points (I rarely use it so I often forget about it), but I bet that would have helped quite a bit......
    Last edited by mwpeck; 11-06-2011 at 03:24 PM.

I think thats the problem, I just finished fighting off Veras in freemarch, and she has this cast ability that is maybe a 2-3 second cast, that did 800-1k damage every cast. Speced with an AoE grinding build that has 4.9k hp and uses leeching poison and rift scavenger (with no other mobs left around), my heal per second was only about 100-150, while I was taking roughly 300+ damage per second, I just couldn't DPS her down fast enough to kill her before she could kill me. If they are going to allow caster bosses to do percentage based damage, why cant we interrupt their casts? I tried both weapon barrage and planar disruption and neither one could interrupt her primary attack (the cast spell I mentioned above).

EDIT: I also wasn't using guardian phase, despite my aoe build having 22 RS points (I rarely use it so I often forget about it), but I bet that would have helped quite a bit......
    I think quite a few people have been quite embarrassed at the Hag's ghost boss in GW.
    Loads of lvl 20's about and a 50 steps up to the plate to tank and is mincemeat in 5 secs lol.
    When, if a lvl 20 was tanking, the heals would be more than enough from the lvl 20 healers but they can't restore the 1000's lost by the 50.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

I've found that a bd/asn/bard combo works pretty well for these things, dps is relatively low spamming precision/quick/keen+puncture->deadly strike, but you can combine it with deadly dance cadence and motif of regen for heavy healing at the same time. Ranger bard would be good as well.

Basically at least a few of the bosses are going to require healing greater than what leeching poison can provide, which automatically means bard.

Banned

I present to you... the Blinkbard.

Very simple to use. In guardian phase, simply keep your teleports on CD and spam cadence 3 times after each deadly strike, unless one of your teleports uses up a deadly dance charge, then you just spam cadence twice. Keeping motif of renewal up is also helpful. You are welcome, and have a nice day.
    Last edited by Geistcreeper; 11-06-2011 at 11:43 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Geistcreeper View Post
    I present to you... the Blinkbard.

Very simple to use. In guardian phase, simply keep your teleports on CD and spam cadence 3 times after each deadly strike, unless one of your teleports uses up a deadly dance charge, then you just spam cadence twice. Keeping motif of renewal up is also helpful. You are welcome, and have a nice day.
    That looks like an interesting build, after waking today, I remember seeing the "bardstalker" thread, and figured that might be something worth looking into for this task, and then you come up and post this which is a similar concept, but with bladedancer instead of nightblade.

I plan on buying my 4th soul later today, I'll give it a try and see what works better.

Do you use any of the riftstalker finishers for the bonus effects or stick to deadly strike? I assume the rotation could be modified if you need the extra armor and dmg reduction from RS finishers, but with simply lower dps?

Banned

That looks like an interesting build, after waking today, I remember seeing the "bardstalker" thread, and figured that might be something worth looking into for this task, and then you come up and post this which is a similar concept, but with bladedancer instead of nightblade.

I plan on buying my 4th soul later today, I'll give it a try and see what works better.

Do you use any of the riftstalker finishers for the bonus effects or stick to deadly strike? I assume the rotation could be modified if you need the extra armor and dmg reduction from RS finishers, but with simply lower dps?
    nah, just deadly strike. most important thing about the build is getting enough heals. if i find during the battle that i'm able to take more damage than i thought i would, i'd maybe keep the annihilate buff up. the defensive finishers don't help as much as cadence enhanced by deadly dance.

Sword of Telara

51 MM.

I can solo the minibosses in the Kain event by kiting. Obviously not the casters, but the others.

+ Reply to Thread