+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard for WF's - looking for build :)

Soulwalker

Default Bard for WF's - looking for build :)

Well topic says it all really.. maybe if someone could give me a little info about the bard spec also?
    macro's would be nice too.. im still new to the game, so I figured I would ask on forum!

thx in advance

Really, you shouldn't be using any macros at all unless you want to make one for some of your blinks.

The 'best' bard build for most warfronts, where you'll fill a role as a giant decoy, splash healer, and buff bot, runs 34 Bard/32 Riftstalker. You can flavour the builds to taste, really, but this should work as a foundation.

You obviously want to spend in Bard up to Virtuoso, and you want Memory Capture/Flashback from Riftstalker, but you have flexibility in how you get there.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

EVERYBODY DIES, BUT NOT EVERYBODY LIVES.

Depending on your gear this ones pretty fun.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...qV0so0z.V0xIhR

Ton's of ways to bard, some more effective than others IMO.

Both will be good at survival for thier respective ranks, the high rank obviously out preforms the low rank.
    LOW RANK
    HIGH RANK

Highlights of the builds:
    Low rank, enables you to live long in turn buffing your team longer at the expense of decent heals.
    High rank, immune to stuns and disarms, every finisher you use casts a cleanse on yourself, every dot an enemy places on you has its duration reduced by 1/2 and thus its damage also by 1/2, reduced aoe damage (which seems to be the trend in rift), every CC makes you take 15% less damage, No reduction to your heals via guardian phase, great oh crap buttons, and still picks up decent stuff from Riftstalker (hp/ap & rift gaurd). Depending on if I use bard core/pvp core and tank/dps weps I still run from 7-9k hp in this spec. No guardian phase.

Edit: High rank link doesnt completely work, the infil tree is just filled out along the right side, all the way up to ignore pain.
    Last edited by Knightcrawler; 11-07-2011 at 02:00 PM.
    (_(_)_) -Gambiit- (_(_)_)
    always watching

I might have to try and give the inf build another run, but it was underwhelming at P4/5 (and I'm still only P6). I found the blinks more effective for getting out of jail than some of the other toys, personally.

Plus, with Deflect, I really think Guardian Phase is $$$ as an emergency button.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    I might have to try and give the inf build another run, but it was underwhelming at P4/5 (and I'm still only P6). I found the blinks more effective for getting out of jail than some of the other toys, personally.

Plus, with Deflect, I really think Guardian Phase is $$$ as an emergency button.
    If ur goal is to simply live forever, no reason not to go high RS... hell I could bard with 11k hp and only ever die if our whole team got wiped. But honestly the inf build can survive just as well with all the goodies from inf and at the same time your of a far larger benefit to the team. Pop virtuoso and ignore pain and you may as well have 50k hp for the duration.
    always watching

Seems like six of one and a half dozen of the other, honestly.

You're spending extra points in Infiltrator for self-sustainability, or you're spending extra points in Riftstalker for self-sustainability.
    Last edited by Kyera; 11-07-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Seems like six of one and a half dozen of the other, honestly.

You're spending extra points in Infiltrator for self-sustainability, or you're spending extra points in Riftstalker for self-sustainability.
    At the loss of heals and damage and unpurgable always up mitigation
    always watching

There's this neat thing you can do called toggling your stances.

Like I said, it's six of one, and a half-dozen of the other.

You prefer the passive mitigation of Infiltrator (15% less damage while CC'd, 15% less AoE damage, stun reduction, DoT duration reduction), and ofc Cleanse Soul and another 5m CD "I win" button.

I prefer the passive mitigation of Riftstalker (6% Exceptional Resilience, 20% Armor, Rift Barrier on Blink) and additional active mitigation from Phantom Blow + Shadow Guard/Rift Guard/Planar Refuge, the toggle of Guardian Phase (armor/resists/deflect/health), and the additional mobility/CC breaks of the blinks (plus four extra blinks - Warp, Shift, Blitz, Assault -- on top of Memory Capture). I also really like Rift Prison, and the ability to use Saboteur as a 0pt soul for Adhesive Bomb, but that's another story.

I'm not saying Infiltrator is bad -- it's certainly a viable alternative. It just depends on your tastes. I ran a spec w/ Infil/RS and one with Infil/MM for quite a while... I just didn't like it at P4-P5, so maybe it's that much better once you're rolling in P8 gear. Through P5, I didn't like it, and I can only see the RS one getting 'better' with age, perhaps just not as much as the Infil split.
    Last edited by Kyera; 11-07-2011 at 05:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread