+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Willovain

Thread: How do rogues fare now?

Soulwalker

Default How do rogues fare now?

I've been gone from the game for quite a while it seems. I left right around when they introduced shard transfers and a majority of the raiders in the guild I was in vanished...Anyways, I was curious as to how rogues are doing. I'm probably far behind gear-wise and content wise since I have yet to finish GS or even go into RoS...Are sabs still decent in dps?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Synnrad View Post
    I've been gone from the game for quite a while it seems. I left right around when they introduced shard transfers and a majority of the raiders in the guild I was in vanished...Anyways, I was curious as to how rogues are doing. I'm probably far behind gear-wise and content wise since I have yet to finish GS or even go into RoS...Are sabs still decent in dps?
    how do you mean that "how are rogues doing?" thing? i mean theres solo/5man/raiding or specific soul types (tanking, dps, support).

as far as sab goes i dont really see any since it got nerfed recently. most people use marksman now.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Soulwalker

I was meaning how are they doing in dps and tanking roles for mainly raiding. I'd like to be able to get back into raiding when I have enough time on my schedule. Rogues were not liked so much when I left and it was hard to find a group, especially as a Sab. I don't really care for marks or the other ranged classes in comparison to be honest...Sorry if I was unclear.
    Last edited by Synnrad; 11-05-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Plane Touched

Warriors are better at tanking and dpsing.

Despite the nay-sayers, rogues are in a better place now than they have been at any time since i have been playing. There are many viable builds that put up sold DPS from range and melee. Sab is pretty much dead with exception of a couple encounters in HK where it can be used depending on incriminate needs and such. A lot of people use Sab for Estrode. Check out the guide in my sig, or look for any thread with a Hokonoso post and look at the guides in his sig. There are a lot of enjoyable rogue builds right now.
    Last edited by Gyle; 11-05-2011 at 11:29 AM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Champion

Just save yourself a heachache and roll a warrior imo

Soulwalker

I'd rather not reroll...Sad to see Sab yet again left in the dust...guess I'll look at some of the other builds floating around when I finally do get back in...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    There are many viable builds that put up sold DPS from range and melee.
    Unless Gyle doesn't like the spec that is, then it should be nerfed.

Spec-wise, the only viable DPS specs are Sinstalker and 51 Marksman, with Nightblade coming in a close third. With 1.6, Marksman will be much lower DPS, while Sinstalker and Nightblade will move up slightly. Sabdancer and Saboteur variants are now average, but do not parse as well.

So there are many "decent" rogue DPS specs, but if you want to actually progress in a raid, that is what has changed. I don't consider subpar specs to be "solid DPS" specs.

For pve, I remember when shard transfers first opened. Not much has really changed in the grander scheme of things.

Rogues:
    - Riftstalkers can't raidtank well anymore
    - Sab is dead but the other souls got a boost so there's more options
    - Ranged rogue builds are a hell of a lot better, usable in raids now

So instead of gimped ranged dps, now we're gimped tanking. DPSwise we fall about where we were (or will be), but our aoe got nerfed so parse lower overall on most encounters in HK (lots of adds in HK encounters).

Right now MM is highest ST dps, slightly higher then warriors, but it's getting nerfed. Should put us back to where we were before 1.5 compared to other classes.

1.5 was supposed to be about making other souls competitive besides sabdancer, and they are and brought sabdancer back down to where the other builds were pre-1.5 (in the 'wtf are you using that spec for?' category).
    Last edited by Mayi; 11-06-2011 at 06:21 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Shield of Telara

With the 1.6 patch on test right now, Riftstalker will be a little behind Warriors for physical attacks but quite a bit ahead of them for magical mitigation.

For example the average Warrior build on test right now will have at most 38% magical mitigation, where as Riftstalkers will be somewhere around 55% magical mitigation. There is only one spec that even comes close to Riftstalker for magical mitigation and that will more than likely be nerfed before this patch goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by jereome View Post
    With the 1.6 patch on test right now, Riftstalker will be a little behind Warriors for physical attacks but quite a bit ahead of them for magical mitigation.

For example the average Warrior build on test right now will have at most 38% magical mitigation, where as Riftstalkers will be somewhere around 55% magical mitigation. There is only one spec that even comes close to Riftstalker for magical mitigation and that will more than likely be nerfed before this patch goes live.
    If there's one thing I know about PTS and especially tanking, it's that theorycrafting doesn't mean ****.

Once it's released I'm sure we'll play around with the different tanks and see what their strengths are, but speaking about right now - on live - Riftstalkers are horrible raid tanks. I read they changed warrior aoe threat so it's superior to Riftstalkers, I hope they keep it that way. Issue right now we're having on Akylios is our RS is picking up adds, and can't mitigate enough and takes too much damage. When you don't want a tank to pick up adds, there's a problem.
    Last edited by Mayi; 11-06-2011 at 06:53 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Shadowlander

Full bard is boring to play and the talent tree layout could use a little more synergy. Most bard specs just focus on taking cadence (which sucks) and turning it into something that sucks slightly less.

Saboteur talent tree could use a lot more synergy. Something on par with what marksman got for its revamp. MM is actually useful with a variety of souls now. Saboteur's always felt so cold and alone with its talents. Traps and debuff charges are still garbage.

High ranger talents and roots are a waste of almost half a soul. Has anyone ever specced high ranger and been successful at anything?

I'm generally happy with the state of all of the other souls. Fun skills, fun to play, plenty of synergy.
    Last edited by Hollowjack; 11-06-2011 at 08:58 AM.

With current changes on the PTS rogues fare pretty bad imho, at least for HK raiding rogues..bards still as boring as ever, you always have to find one poor guy in the guild thats willing to play the bard bot for your raid.. tanking - slightly better than it was in 1.5 but still much worse than warriors, specially in physical damage taken and thats what usually matters since all HK bosses do physical damage.

DPS wise we are probably way behind on most bosses in HK since our aoe dps sucks, sabo was nerfed, MM is only average aoe dps and will be even lower come 1.6 since it will also be nerfed, also your typical HK warrior does insance dps thanks to their 4pc set bonus, rogues just dont get anything like that to compete. On Akylios you need a bard and maybe 2 rogues to do the interrupts, for the other slots warriors and mages will easily outperform us, single target dps will be average, again behind warriors, and probably even behind mages. PvP we will probably be still decent, but i dont give a crap about it anymore since i got R8, its bad and its boring.
    Last edited by GenjuroK; 11-06-2011 at 09:33 AM.
    Apotheosys/Typhiria
    Genjuro@Typhiria Warrior HM Crucia, HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4, MoM 5/9 World 1st
    Miralda@Brutwacht Rogue HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4 World 4th

+ Reply to Thread