+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Rogue trinket

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Best Rogue trinket

Ok so I'm having a look at what's the best trinket to use as a rogue... I currently have the GSB one, but some tell me the King of Iron Fist (PvP one) is better than the one I have now.

Can anyone tell me if this is true and if so provide me with some proof?

Thanks.

Koe

Only reason to use GSB trinket is if you're meleeing with serrated blades.

Otherwise use the PvP trinket.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

lgw

Lol ? Sure not.

52 AP >> PVP, outside maybe a spec with big stats bonuses and crit hungry (= Sabdancer; even 51 BD needs AP too much, despite is base attribute bonuses)

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    Lol ? Sure not.

52 AP >> PVP, outside maybe a spec with big stats bonuses and crit hungry (= Sabdancer; even 51 BD needs AP too much, despite is base attribute bonuses)
    The uptime is not enough unless you have Serrated Blades/first tick of IQS(which is being removed anyways).
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    Lol ? Sure not.

In Blink-Blade with the full 20 stacks of the crystal up, the PvP trinket is worth a total of 45 AP i think (close to that, ill check exactly later) and does not rely on a random proc chance, where the Hylas trinket i can't get consistently over 70% uptime. In 51 BD with the increase in Dex, i would suspect it is similar if not more. You have to remember the Hylas trinket proc is not modified by any AP bonuses from talents or gear, it is a straight AP bonus. The PvP trinket is modified, has endurance on it, and dex so it gives a little crit too, with 100% uptime.

I have a hylas trinket, and it sits in my bank for the day they fix trinket proc rates back to something useful. Until then i will be using my PvP trinket.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

just checked and the PvP trinket is worth 42 AP in Blink Blade and 33 in 51 BD with all stacks/AP buffs up. Plus the endurance and crit from the dex, PvP trinket wins IMO.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Ascendant

PvP trinket meaning the blue one?

Or words of war which they nerfed?

Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    PvP trinket meaning the blue one?

Or words of war which they nerfed?
    the one that gives 50 valor

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

lgw

BB is a gimmicky spec - but it falls under the purview of what I mentioned as stat-boosted specs.
    TBH I only consider specs that can 1) be used beneficially at Akylios or 2) provide significant advantage at other bosses (say standard 51 MM on Zilas, Garau, yadda yadda).

And btw... SoP / Hylas have close to 100% uptime according to all my observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    just checked and the PvP trinket is worth 42 AP in Blink Blade and 33 in 51 BD with all stacks/AP buffs up. Plus the endurance and crit from the dex, PvP trinket wins IMO.
    Yeah, as I said... you really want to lose ~20 AP for about ~20 Crit as 51 BD ? You must be kidding me...

Plane Touched

For Riftstalker it is...YEP a PVP trinket.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    In Blink-Blade with the full 20 stacks of the crystal up, the PvP trinket is worth a total of 45 AP i think (close to that, ill check exactly later) and does not rely on a random proc chance, where the Hylas trinket i can't get consistently over 70% uptime. In 51 BD with the increase in Dex, i would suspect it is similar if not more. You have to remember the Hylas trinket proc is not modified by any AP bonuses from talents or gear, it is a straight AP bonus. The PvP trinket is modified, has endurance on it, and dex so it gives a little crit too, with 100% uptime.

I have a hylas trinket, and it sits in my bank for the day they fix trinket proc rates back to something useful. Until then i will be using my PvP trinket.
    The gaps is too close with the pvp trinket, I also have hylas one banked, what a waste of dkp

Rift Disciple

I have "The Cold Heart" but I never use it. I usually just use my Skull of Damnation <PVP>

+ Reply to Thread