+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Best Rogue trinket

  1. #1
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    56

    Default Best Rogue trinket

    Ok so I'm having a look at what's the best trinket to use as a rogue... I currently have the GSB one, but some tell me the King of Iron Fist (PvP one) is better than the one I have now.

    Can anyone tell me if this is true and if so provide me with some proof?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Koe
    Koe is offline
    Ascendant Koe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Only reason to use GSB trinket is if you're meleeing with serrated blades.

    Otherwise use the PvP trinket.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

  3. #3
    lgw
    lgw is offline
    Ascendant lgw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dreamland
    Posts
    1,879

    Default

    Lol ? Sure not.

    52 AP >> PVP, outside maybe a spec with big stats bonuses and crit hungry (= Sabdancer; even 51 BD needs AP too much, despite is base attribute bonuses)

  4. #4
    Koe
    Koe is offline
    Ascendant Koe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    Lol ? Sure not.

    52 AP >> PVP, outside maybe a spec with big stats bonuses and crit hungry (= Sabdancer; even 51 BD needs AP too much, despite is base attribute bonuses)
    The uptime is not enough unless you have Serrated Blades/first tick of IQS(which is being removed anyways).
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer Gyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    Lol ? Sure not.

    52 AP >> PVP, outside maybe a spec with big stats bonuses and crit hungry (= Sabdancer; even 51 BD needs AP too much, despite is base attribute bonuses)
    In Blink-Blade with the full 20 stacks of the crystal up, the PvP trinket is worth a total of 45 AP i think (close to that, ill check exactly later) and does not rely on a random proc chance, where the Hylas trinket i can't get consistently over 70% uptime. In 51 BD with the increase in Dex, i would suspect it is similar if not more. You have to remember the Hylas trinket proc is not modified by any AP bonuses from talents or gear, it is a straight AP bonus. The PvP trinket is modified, has endurance on it, and dex so it gives a little crit too, with 100% uptime.

    I have a hylas trinket, and it sits in my bank for the day they fix trinket proc rates back to something useful. Until then i will be using my PvP trinket.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer Gyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,009

    Default

    just checked and the PvP trinket is worth 42 AP in Blink Blade and 33 in 51 BD with all stacks/AP buffs up. Plus the endurance and crit from the dex, PvP trinket wins IMO.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,842

    Default

    PvP trinket meaning the blue one?

    Or words of war which they nerfed?

  8. #8
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    PvP trinket meaning the blue one?

    Or words of war which they nerfed?
    the one that gives 50 valor

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  9. #9
    lgw
    lgw is offline
    Ascendant lgw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dreamland
    Posts
    1,879

    Default

    BB is a gimmicky spec - but it falls under the purview of what I mentioned as stat-boosted specs.
    TBH I only consider specs that can 1) be used beneficially at Akylios or 2) provide significant advantage at other bosses (say standard 51 MM on Zilas, Garau, yadda yadda).

    And btw... SoP / Hylas have close to 100% uptime according to all my observation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    just checked and the PvP trinket is worth 42 AP in Blink Blade and 33 in 51 BD with all stacks/AP buffs up. Plus the endurance and crit from the dex, PvP trinket wins IMO.
    Yeah, as I said... you really want to lose ~20 AP for about ~20 Crit as 51 BD ? You must be kidding me...

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    241

    Default

    For Riftstalker it is...YEP a PVP trinket.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    In Blink-Blade with the full 20 stacks of the crystal up, the PvP trinket is worth a total of 45 AP i think (close to that, ill check exactly later) and does not rely on a random proc chance, where the Hylas trinket i can't get consistently over 70% uptime. In 51 BD with the increase in Dex, i would suspect it is similar if not more. You have to remember the Hylas trinket proc is not modified by any AP bonuses from talents or gear, it is a straight AP bonus. The PvP trinket is modified, has endurance on it, and dex so it gives a little crit too, with 100% uptime.

    I have a hylas trinket, and it sits in my bank for the day they fix trinket proc rates back to something useful. Until then i will be using my PvP trinket.
    The gaps is too close with the pvp trinket, I also have hylas one banked, what a waste of dkp

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    189

    Default

    I have "The Cold Heart" but I never use it. I usually just use my Skull of Damnation <PVP>

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts