+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sanosuke
  • 1 Post By Hartzekar

Thread: Some PvP Saboteur builds

Default Some PvP Saboteur builds

Sab is my favorite soul in the game, and is why I play my rogue. So I came up with some different builds.
    First: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...bEztkzRz.E000M
    Unsure if Keen Eye boosts sab charge range, if so then you'd get amazing range. This build is meant to make the most out Blast Charge's burst potential. Use Time Bomb (have to count seconds, doesn't display ont eh debuff thingy) and time Detonate with 5 blast charges for time bomb, Right before you use time bomb, toss a Frag Bomb, so when the frag bomb hits the Time bomb, frag bomb, and det hit at once. With all the armor pen even tank warriors yell ow.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...EVRbEztkzRz.VM
    This is a variation of the build I run (only R3, so I have 51 sab and 12 Inf, 3 Ranger) And this one is good at getting decent damage out of everything. Bombs and charges alike. Same general setup as the last spec.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...VRbEztkzRz.0VM
    This one is sneakier, relying more on setting up traps and stealthing to catch people by surprise.

Those are my builds and ideas. Thoughts?
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

main issue with sab is the time loading charges. I really wish they would change it to add 2 charges per gcd instead of 1. Right now ill play sab every now and then but even at R8 i have to stick with blowing up low ranks anything over R6 is really a pain and generally other R8's are impossible to kill if a healer is around. Granted sab is a group spec but you can dish out a lot of damage very fast if you just go MM. I know it's very satisfying to see someone get blown up but its also so frustrating to setup someone lay on all your bombs to get them to like 20% or so then watch them get healed back to 100% in a flash. Sab really needs something to make them more viable to in PVP faster loading of charges would be 1 then they really need more ways to get away or some sort of defensive cooldown. Right now as sab you are even more squishy than MM have less range and hit for less. Only thing you have over them is more AOE utility. But even then MM has eradicate which is more useful than most of what sab can do.. It's sad though cause I really like the idea of sab it just needs to be implemented better to be a useful in PVP

oh and i noticed you dont have carpet bombing which is one of the best abilities sab has now that bombs give 200% ap bonus
    Last edited by sanosuke; 11-05-2011 at 07:44 AM.
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    Sab is my favorite soul in the game, and is why I play my rogue. So I came up with some different builds.
    First: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...bEztkzRz.E000M
    Unsure if Keen Eye boosts sab charge range, if so then you'd get amazing range. This build is meant to make the most out Blast Charge's burst potential. Use Time Bomb (have to count seconds, doesn't display ont eh debuff thingy) and time Detonate with 5 blast charges for time bomb, Right before you use time bomb, toss a Frag Bomb, so when the frag bomb hits the Time bomb, frag bomb, and det hit at once. With all the armor pen even tank warriors yell ow.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...EVRbEztkzRz.VM
    This is a variation of the build I run (only R3, so I have 51 sab and 12 Inf, 3 Ranger) And this one is good at getting decent damage out of everything. Bombs and charges alike. Same general setup as the last spec.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...VRbEztkzRz.0VM
    This one is sneakier, relying more on setting up traps and stealthing to catch people by surprise.

Those are my builds and ideas. Thoughts?

Hey man. Sorry to burst your bubble, but like sano said Sab is really, really bad for PvP right now. A lot of the specs look good on paper, but in reality you just don't put out enough damage to be able to kill someone. The soul is just cluttered with "Increases the damage of X/5" talents and the roots are a catastrophe with all the random useless charges and traps and garbage they threw in there.

Your best bet is going to be a 51/15 variant. You can be a real pain in the *** in Warfronts if you lay Land Mines everywhere, Time Bomb their whole team, and throw Adhesive + Suffocating Bombs on their backline of casters every time you get the chance.

The damage just isn't there for Sab. Your biggest burst combo is 5 Blast Charges - Carpet Bombing - 4xAnnihilation Bomb - Detonate - Rapid Setup - Detonate. That will kill anyone that isn't a p8 Cleric or tank guaranteed. But outside of that you hit like wet noodle and your burst is so slow that healers have an eternity to get themselves up again.

Sword of Telara

Sab is great up till 50. Then it sucks *** till you're about rank 6. Then.. it's fun to trash lower ranks with. I use 46Sab/20Sin and that works great. Against anything of equal prestige, you're hosed. Look for anything with 5k or less hp, and have fun on it. Other than that, you have little to no chance. It is GREAT for the low rank marksmen though. You can load them up at range, and blow them up in a detonate which is very cathartic.

Yeah, I'm lobbying for some sab changes. About to post a thread with my ideas.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    Sab is great up till 50. Then it sucks *** till you're about rank 6. Then.. it's fun to trash lower ranks with. I use 46Sab/20Sin and that works great. Against anything of equal prestige, you're hosed. Look for anything with 5k or less hp, and have fun on it. Other than that, you have little to no chance. It is GREAT for the low rank marksmen though. You can load them up at range, and blow them up in a detonate which is very cathartic.
    I ran with 46sab-20sin in pvp too.

It's not that the soul sucks, I think of sab like a support soul in pvp. Silence bombs and stuff.

You do well not depending on who you pvp against, but your team. With good healing support I use it, without a lot of healing I change specs.

If you focus less on the scoreboard and more on disrupting healers it's decent. The main tools that made sab mandatory in pre-mades when the game released are still there, it's only the damage that sucks now. Even clerics cleansing themselves of charges doesn't bother me - it's a GCD they aren't using to heal. Cleansing spike charge dots SUCKS big time though, it's blast/shrap or bust.

It's one of those builds that's situational - you need to be in a group and the larger the group the better it performs. Solo it's beyond terrible.
    Last edited by Mayi; 11-06-2011 at 06:30 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Don't use sab in pvp.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

51 sab, 15 bd

spike damage:

5 spike
    deadly
    spike
    frag
    rapid
    blast
    carpet
    frag

Sword of Telara

Sab Dancer variant in pvp? Ohhh hells no, I am NOT getting within melee range with a sabo build. :P

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Viz Shady View Post
    51 sab, 15 bd

spike damage:

5 spike
    deadly
    spike
    frag
    rapid
    blast
    carpet
    frag
    Here's this strategy adjusted for real PvP: