+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue PVP in 1.5

Default Rogue PVP in 1.5

I've PVPed from beta until 1.4, hit rank eight and started to lose interest, but the other night I went back into the fray. I did a few Black Gardens and started to realize an odd trend with range rogue specs. They were all spamming Fanout and swift shot.

At first I thought this was an anomaly, but win after win, I noticed many of the MM rogues were just spamming fanout over and over. Their teams were still losing, but their strategy stayed the same. Did someone post a fanout strategy guide for bad rogues or what? I'm perplexed. What's going on here? I also have a rogue at 50 and never PVP that way.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dranzen View Post
    I've PVPed from beta until 1.4, hit rank eight and started to lose interest, but the other night I went back into the fray. I did a few Black Gardens and started to realize an odd trend with range rogue specs. They were all spamming Fanout and swift shot.

At first I thought this was an anomaly, but win after win, I noticed many of the MM rogues were just spamming fanout over and over. Their teams were still losing, but their strategy stayed the same. Did someone post a fanout strategy guide for bad rogues or what? I'm perplexed. What's going on here? I also have a rogue at 50 and never PVP that way.
    They all watched the 1-button YouTube video of nothing but spamming fan out in a Scion while the player pleasured themselves to the numbers they were creating.

But on a more serious note...

Bad rogues spam fan out, no matter what. Good rogues only use fan out when necessary. The (flawed) logic they use as to why they spam fan out is that fan out applies Vampiric Munitions to everyone (eventually). The flawed part is, it doesn't matter how many people have a healing debuff if they're taking minimal damage.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post
    They all watched the 1-button YouTube video of nothing but spamming fan out in a Scion while the player pleasured themselves to the numbers they were creating.

But on a more serious note...

Bad rogues spam fan out, no matter what. Good rogues only use fan out when necessary. The (flawed) logic they use as to why they spam fan out is that fan out applies Vampiric Munitions to everyone (eventually). The flawed part is, it doesn't matter how many people have a healing debuff if they're taking minimal damage.
    Why do people post such silly videos if it doesn't help? Or do they think it actually does help? It's like bad roges are teaching even worse rogues how to play.

I guess a better question is why so many rogues think that spamming fanout with VM is contributing to the game. Is this a flaw in the debuff? Is the debuff something that can be easily reapplied?
    Last edited by Dranzen; 11-05-2011 at 01:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread