+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Damage breakdown RS versus Reaver hybrid imbalance.

Shield of Telara

Default Damage breakdown RS versus Reaver hybrid imbalance.

Currently on Test the changes look promising for Riftstalker, but as of right now if this reaver hybrid is not fixed then we will be right back where we started. This breakdown is considering Raid 1 quality gear.

Reaver hybrid:
    Damage breakdown
    Number Of Attacks 100
    Damage Per Hit 3000
    Hits Connected 78
    Total Damage Done 232574
    Total Damage Taken 28288
    Average Damage Taken Per Hit 365

Riftstalker 51RS/BD/RNG
    Damage breakdown
    Number Of Attacks 100
    Damage Per Hit 3000
    Hits Connected 73
    Total Damage Done 217682
    Total Damage Taken 39691
    Average Damage Per Hit 547

So if this isnt addressed we will once again have a tremendous gap between the haves(warriors) and the have nots(Riftstalkers) with RS's taking at least 40% more damage. Oh and another thing is that all Warrior builds will now have 20% more hp than before, as if Warriors werent hurting enough for HP.

P.S. These figures were done with the calculations that RS and RVR mitigation talents are additive and not multiplicative.
    Last edited by jereome; 11-04-2011 at 08:32 PM.

It makes me laugh really, rogues where 2nd to top for hp, I couldn't get as much as our Cleric tanks but beat the warrior tanks happily, now the endurance stacking tank who has 1100~1500 end way more than the other two tanks will have less hp too.

I don't want to get stuck on the mitigation differences they make me a sad bunny, but I am also scares warriors will be TOO easy to heal now, at least with the new 10 man rogue tanks will have the easiest time.. oh wait our resistances get nerfed! *party* oh and and in T2s we will be the speed run tank of choice because of instant threat we have now.. wait warriors get that too apparently now.

Please please can we have at least 1 benefit over a warrior tank? PLEASE!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by jereome View Post
    Currently on Test the changes look promising for Riftstalker, but as of right now if this reaver hybrid is not fixed then we will be right back where we started. This breakdown is considering Raid 1 quality gear.

Reaver hybrid:
    Damage breakdown
    Number Of Attacks 100
    Damage Per Hit 3000
    Hits Connected 78
    Total Damage Done 232574
    Total Damage Taken 28288
    Average Damage Taken Per Hit 365

Riftstalker 51RS/BD/RNG
    Damage breakdown
    Number Of Attacks 100
    Damage Per Hit 3000
    Hits Connected 73
    Total Damage Done 217682
    Total Damage Taken 39691
    Average Damage Per Hit 547

So if this isnt addressed we will once again have a tremendous gap between the haves(warriors) and the have nots(Riftstalkers) with RS's taking at least 40% more damage. Oh and another thing is that all Warrior builds will now have 20% more hp than before, as if Warriors werent hurting enough for HP.

P.S. These figures were done with the calculations that RS and RVR mitigation talents are additive and not multiplicative.
    The reaver hybrid does not have cooldowns. It outperforms the 51 warrior builds with cooldowns. A lot of warriors are really meh about it too. We would rather all our specs to be = to rs, and actually have cooldowns to use. Instead we get reaver hybrid with lots of mit, and no way to save it self when stuff goes south.
    Last edited by NJoyTheSilence; 11-05-2011 at 02:45 AM.
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by NJoyTheSilence View Post
    The reaver hybrid does not have cooldowns. It outperforms the 51 warrior builds with cooldowns. A lot of warriors are really meh about it too. We would rather all our specs to be = to rs, and actually have cooldowns to use. Instead we get reaver hybrid with lots of mit, and no way to save it self when stuff goes south.
    When **** goes south, warriors are standing there thinking 'damn! how can I save myself!'...
    The Riftstalkers are already dead.

Our cooldowns bring us up to the level of warriors for 20 seconds every 2 minutes. Why are you asking for cooldowns? You've got a permanent Planar Refuge running.

EDIT: Why does this thread even exist? If you don't know how it works, you shouldn't be making threads with numbers in them.
    Last edited by Paikis; 11-05-2011 at 03:36 AM.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    When **** goes south, warriors are standing there thinking 'damn! how can I save myself!'...
    The Riftstalkers are already dead.

Our cooldowns bring us up to the level of warriors for 20 seconds every 2 minutes. Why are you asking for cooldowns? You've got a permanent Planar Refuge running.

EDIT: Why does this thread even exist? If you don't know how it works, you shouldn't be making threads with numbers in them.
    The thread exists because frankly Im pissed off, and I do know how it works, thank you.
    Im pissed because Warriors had a perfectly viable build for tanking that blew every other class out of the water, and left ours broken for months.

And when they finally get off their rumps to fix Riftstalker they further BUFF warriors, which didnt need it btw with the exception of Warlord and Paladin, and further buffed the Warrior soul to keep them still WAY AHEAD of Riftstalker.

Seriously whats the deal cant we have BALANCE in a game instead of this holy trinity crap that has been going on since MMO's were released? Why should Warriors be the GOD class for Tanking and Dps, when Clerics are nowhere near the GOD class for healing?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by NJoyTheSilence View Post
    Umm with this build you dont need stinking cooldowns. Hell with the 51 VK build on live you didnt NEED cooldowns, because a stinking bard could keep you up.

Hell now its even worse, Warriors will probably be able to tank Scarn in Master mode with just an accessory that procs a heal on block and 1 healing potion.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by jereome View Post
    They are additive for RS, I also believe they are for Reaver hybrid but I'm unsure with the possible PTS changes.

Also, pretty sure 41 RS / 17 BD / 8 Ranger will be the best physical mitigation build if we get no scaling off endurance.

You might want to test that vs reaver hybrid. I think it's fair to say Turn the Tide will be up about 50% ish on a single target boss. It last for 10 seconds so even if you only dodge 1 every 3 attacks (your dodge should be close to 30%) it should be up at least 50% of the fight.
    Last edited by Muffin911; 11-05-2011 at 08:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread