+ Reply to Thread

Thread: best build for pve single elites

Soulwalker

Default best build for pve single elites

Sorry if this has been addressed but I couldn't find it if it was. I'm a fresh 50 gearing up (just completed the deathbringer set) and can solo the hammerknell chronicle, but not the bosses in the greenscale. Running a heavy bd build now, and looking for a build that can handle solo elites like the greenscale bosses.

Feels like i need some healing beyond leeching poison, but can't get a handle on a good spec that includes some bard nor the best rotations. Any help? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Delfueggo View Post
    Sorry if this has been addressed but I couldn't find it if it was. I'm a fresh 50 gearing up (just completed the deathbringer set) and can solo the hammerknell chronicle, but not the bosses in the greenscale. Running a heavy bd build now, and looking for a build that can handle solo elites like the greenscale bosses.

Feels like i need some healing beyond leeching poison, but can't get a handle on a good spec that includes some bard nor the best rotations. Any help? Thanks.
    Ranger bard sin is a roflestomp in crafted gear, fresh 50 jumping into deathbringer with other crafted/planar bits.

I recently made a RS/Sin/BD spec which pretty much tears through them even quicker and safer.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 11-04-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Telaran

5/5 Poison Mastery makes a big difference in how much healing Leeching gives you.

Enduring brew is useful as well.

I find 27 sin 17 blade 22 rift is pretty good.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xkbq0z.VbdG00M

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    I recently made a RS/Sin/BD spec which pretty much tears through them even quicker and safer.

This, in spades. I almost feel overpowered in a like spec for soloing. Only those stage 6 rift boss elites give me trouble now and then depending on how the RNG goes. The Chronicles are very easy with this type of build. Hell, much of the time you're just spamming Twin Strike to kill everything in those instances. My gear is nothing special, and using the Deathbringer and AP t2 daggers.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....ibzIoR.Vf0GhR

That's what I'm using, and it works quite well for me. But one can easily move some points around and be just as effective.

Soulwalker

Looks interesting. Any single target macro for the sin/bd/rs build that you use? I'll see if my curent bd build has 5/5 poisons. I don't think it does and i know there's none of the rs stuff.

Looks interesting. Any single target macro for the sin/bd/rs build that you use? I'll see if my curent bd build has 5/5 poisons. I don't think it does and i know there's none of the rs stuff.
    Pretty much this. Shift a few points around but the rotation macro is sweet. Adjust it if your point moves require.

Like you might want to remove backstab. I also went into Rift Scavenger.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 11-04-2011 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Telaran

I use this macro for solo

#show Backstab
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Backstab
    cast Puncture
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    cast Reprisal
    cast Expose Weakness

I find it's best to manually control poison malice because with leeching it doubles the healing you get for 15 sec.

For shifts
    #show Shadow Assault
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Shadow Assault
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Shadow Stalk

You have two interrupts in this builds which makes it especially good against caster elites.

If you use addons, you should check out http://www.curse.com/addons/rift/nkrebuff

It's really good for monitoring buffs and displays clearly when Ruthless Stalker buff is wearing off so you know to blink again.

+ Reply to Thread