+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assassin Suggestion/HELP

Telaran

Default Assassin Suggestion/HELP

hey guys,

so ive been playing around with alot of souls and well i have come to determine that i really love the assassin soul, its very fun to play as i kinda like the melee combat. However the issue that i am having for the moment is this.....

I seem to be a fair bit squishy in the warfronts...its like my atcks do nothing at all to them... i basically get pwnd. I enjoy world pvp as well and as such i really wanna make a decent melle based assassin. I was wondering if any of you experienced players had any suggestions as to what i can couple with the assassin..

I know its been talked bout a fair bit of the time but i cant find nothing solid for the assassin build... currently i am 51/sin 15/mm, i wanted some range, i have also tried 34/sin 32/rs some very nice shifts and such but find i have a hard time killing anyone...

so with all that being said if any of you have any input as to a better PvP build for the assassin im all ears and greatly appreciate any input you can provide me with.

Quote Originally Posted by Niteowl View Post
    hey guys,

so ive been playing around with alot of souls and well i have come to determine that i really love the assassin soul, its very fun to play as i kinda like the melee combat. However the issue that i am having for the moment is this.....

I seem to be a fair bit squishy in the warfronts...its like my atcks do nothing at all to them... i basically get pwnd. I enjoy world pvp as well and as such i really wanna make a decent melle based assassin. I was wondering if any of you experienced players had any suggestions as to what i can couple with the assassin..

I know its been talked bout a fair bit of the time but i cant find nothing solid for the assassin build... currently i am 51/sin 15/mm, i wanted some range, i have also tried 34/sin 32/rs some very nice shifts and such but find i have a hard time killing anyone...

so with all that being said if any of you have any input as to a better PvP build for the assassin im all ears and greatly appreciate any input you can provide me with.
    couple builds in my two sig links you can try.. My favorite sin build is "The Basic Sin" Build I enjoy it a lot more that the 51 sin builds.. Also what rank are you? cause sin isn't really great until R6+ till then i'd stick with the 44MM/22Sin
    Last edited by sanosuke; 11-04-2011 at 01:25 PM.
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke View Post
    couple builds in my two sig links you can try.. My favorite sin build is "The Basic Sin" Build I enjoy it a lot more that the 51 sin builds.. Also what rank are you? cause sin isn't really great until R6+ till then i'd stick with the 44MM/22Sin
    sanosuke, I am about to hit rank 3 (should make it tonight) and I am really wanting to dump my NB/RS build for something that kills a lot faster and has a more reliable way to escape. The Basic Sin guide looks great to me, but as you say, I'm not rank 6. Can I make it work anyway as a skilled player? I am confident in my ability to play and pull off kills. What do you suggest I do? Also, I primarily hunt healers. (Additional info: I use two 34.0 dps weapons, a 36 or whatever dps bow from CC T2, have a full epic source machine and full P2 set that will upgrade to the T3 pieces immediately.) Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahem View Post
    sanosuke, I am about to hit rank 3 (should make it tonight) and I am really wanting to dump my NB/RS build for something that kills a lot faster and has a more reliable way to escape. The Basic Sin guide looks great to me, but as you say, I'm not rank 6. Can I make it work anyway as a skilled player? I am confident in my ability to play and pull off kills. What do you suggest I do? Also, I primarily hunt healers. (Additional info: I use two 34.0 dps weapons, a 36 or whatever dps bow from CC T2, have a full epic source machine and full P2 set that will upgrade to the T3 pieces immediately.) Thanks.
    you could try the basic sin build.. honestly for melee though nb/rs is prob best bet till you hit R6.. Or I like 44NB/16mm/6rs but you need a high base crit for it to be effective. With NB you at least have the defense to survive a little longer which helps so much at the lower ranks. If you are skilled at PVP my suggestions is just try different builds out and found out what feels the best to you. Some people love MM I personally despise it, some hate Sin, some hate NB just personal preference...
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.

Rift Disciple

MM feels weak really, to me, unless you can build up to a RFS standing still. More often I headshot on the move which is bleh...

My NB/RS is strong against same or under geared people, but once I run into the R6+ crowd I get shut down pretty handily unless they are just really bad. It's frustrating because I end up against people all the time that if I had better gear would be dirt napping in a hurry.

So, I was hoping the Assassin builds might be the answer I am looking for. But, maybe I should just stay with what works at the moment. I did 150k damage this morning in Whitefall which I figure isn't too bad for a P2. I usually break into the 100k range no problem and leave a warfront with 50+ kills and 5-12 killing blows. (several of those killing blows will end up being 1 vs. 1 scenarios where I will stealth to the back and pick off a straggler)

Oh and the other allure of the assassin builds to me is that they seem very sexy for open world, like doing pvp rifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahem View Post
    MM feels weak really, to me, unless you can build up to a RFS standing still. More often I headshot on the move which is bleh...

My NB/RS is strong against same or under geared people, but once I run into the R6+ crowd I get shut down pretty handily unless they are just really bad. It's frustrating because I end up against people all the time that if I had better gear would be dirt napping in a hurry.

So, I was hoping the Assassin builds might be the answer I am looking for. But, maybe I should just stay with what works at the moment. I did 150k damage this morning in Whitefall which I figure isn't too bad for a P2. I usually break into the 100k range no problem and leave a warfront with 50+ kills and 5-12 killing blows. (several of those killing blows will end up being 1 vs. 1 scenarios where I will stealth to the back and pick off a straggler)

Oh and the other allure of the assassin builds to me is that they seem very sexy for open world, like doing pvp rifts.
    at low ranks MM is best as a eradicate BOT to assist high rankers. I'd stick with what's working for you sin is good damage but IMHO isn't enough for the lack or survivability the spec gives. Either way i like sin and find it lots of fun but really needs a very high crit and AP for it to work well

Telaran

well right now im at level 50 ...presteige 1..... and so i can put the points wherever they need to go its just that as i said before im getting shut down very quickly...im using macros as well to help the effect but even still i get the hell pounded out of me in warfronts... never got to test it as much in world pvp yet ..hardly ever see anyone but imma take alook into your suggestive build the basic assassin and see what u got done... wish me luck...please keep the suggestions coming..

+ Reply to Thread