+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When are they fixing deflection?

Default When are they fixing deflection?

Anyone know if it's working properly on PTS right now? Because it's laughably broken on live atm, deflecting non-physical attacks, as well as deflecting way more than it should. For example, my fiery burst hit a rogue today for 43 (284 deflected), on each tick...really...I mean...really?
    Cayleb - P50 Warrior [@Seastone]
    EX - <Exalted>
    EX - <Tempest Wolves>
    EX - @Dayblind

Telaran

The way they implemented deflect is ******ed.
    In pvp gear you have a ton of it. In tank gear you get jack.

Also, apparently there are 3 categories of attacks. Physical, non-physical that can be deflected (and blocked?), non-physical that cannot be deflected.

I have no idea how to tell what spells can and cannot be deflected though. May just need to do some testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroubleMagnet View Post
    We have the special ability to convert warrior entitlement into rogue tears so we will never run out.

It isn't deflecting more than it should - it is a display bug that has been in game pretty much since launch where all absorbs and other mitigations are added into the deflect (block) so your 800 (1400) Deflected attacks are adding in rift guard and other things as well as the deflect, it's just a display issue.
    Last edited by Jhaded; 11-04-2011 at 08:38 AM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=523710&dateline=13203  03557
    Jhaded - 50 Rogue - Enigma, Faeblight
    If all that is good thinks you are evil, are you?
    I think, therefore we have nothing in common.

Physical Attacks (obvious)
    Non-Physical Attacks (Searing Strike, Rogue Poisons, Strike of Judgment)
    Spells (Fireball, Void Bolt, Bolt of Radiance)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaded View Post
    It isn't deflecting more than it should - it is a display bug that has been in game pretty much since launch where all absorbs and other mitigations are added into the deflect (block) so your 800 (1400) Deflected attacks are adding in rift guard and other things as well as the deflect, it's just a display issue.
    Don't think so...combat log entries when an attack is deflected also list the absorption (will say "fiery burst does 43 damage (283 deflected, 20 absorbed)" or something like that). Even if it is including the absorption, it's still reducing it too much. As with my fiery burst example, I'm seeing upwards of 80% reductions.

Also, I understand the 3 categories of physical, non-physical, and spells. Deflect rating in the tooltip does not include non-physical damage. It says only that it deflects physical damage. Also, I have never once in the entire span of playing the game seen another warrior block something like a fiery burst or soul sickness. Melee attacks yes, but not anything like those abilities. And from my understanding, the deflect mechanic is supposed to operate the same as block.
    Last edited by bear_on_the_job; 11-04-2011 at 09:26 AM.
    EX - <Exalted>
    EX - <Tempest Wolves>
    EX - @Dayblind

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by bear_on_the_job View Post
    Don't think so...
    You are wrong. It got answered already. The reflect-ammount shown is your potential damage before all reductions.
    What do you think, how much reduction a tank in pvp-equip has?
    Not only the usual reduction a tank-spec delivers. Additional Vervor-reduction on top of that.
    As R8 Riftstalker i can run right through 15 players in whitefall with the stone and leave combat after 10 seconds with half my health while everyone is hitting me.
    tank + high valor = no dmg for me but also none caused

what do you think how long it takes to beat a R8 warrior-full-tank in pvp? also veeery long

raw dmg - 45% (armor) - 50% (valor) - 25% (rs-shield) - (12% dmg-reduction-passive) - 30% (dmg-reduction-skill) - 50% reflect...
    dont care if this is multiplicative or additive, its a lot, kk?
    the overall reduced damage is shown as "reflect" when this hit is finally not dodged/parried but reflected.
    this is just a visual error, which was postet by the rogue class-leader in this forums.

now shooo and go write some whine-posts about wrong itemisation of plate armor in your warrior-forums

Ascendant

You're seeing a display bug with respect to how much is deflected. My impales and jagged strikes do this all the time against shield warriors;:

[Impale Icon] -42 (800 Blocked)

Pretty sure my bleeds aren't doing negative damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

yes but the abilities that have ( cannot be dodged parried or blocked) are being deflected ….. Just an example My cadence can be deflected , tested it in a duel just to see if this was true and he deflected over half my cadence amounts…( was just one example) I thought deflect worked same as blocked
    Last edited by Temptations; 11-04-2011 at 10:32 AM.

^ This

I'll concede, maybe the amount deflected is correct. I'll have to do more tests to be conclusive. But as said above, you can deflect cadence. That is a bug and needs to be fixed.
    EX - <Exalted>
    EX - <Tempest Wolves>
    EX - @Dayblind

Deflection works on any ability that requires a weapon to work. Hence all the "elemental" attacks warriors and rogues have are all subject to being deflected. Bard cadence works off of your weapon's dps.

A true spell requires no weapon to cast and cannot ever be deflected.

Whether or not that's intended, I have no idea. But that's how it currently works.

... and who pvp's in guardian phase anywawy?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Deflection works on any ability that requires a weapon to work. Hence all the "elemental" attacks warriors and rogues have are all subject to being deflected. Bard cadence works off of your weapon's dps.

A true spell requires no weapon to cast and cannot ever be deflected.

Whether or not that's intended, I have no idea. But that's how it currently works.

... and who pvp's in guardian phase anywawy?
    I actauly go 20 into r/s to toughen up my little bard when surrounded by guys who want to hurt me till i get away then switch it off..... I know a few people who actualy do this as well .... not a huge issue with cadence because i only cadence pets they stand still more lol but it really should be looked at may not be a huge issue now but on a pvp server it can be for those who are using it in the open world
    Last edited by Temptations; 11-04-2011 at 11:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread