+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deathbringers - What Should I Get?

Default Deathbringers - What Should I Get?

I am hoping to get enough plat from selling some BoE's to be able to afford one Deathbringer item. I'm currently in T1 gear with (forgive me, as I'm not at home) one mediocre and one decent one-handed weapon.

Since I can only afford one thing right now, assuming all are on the AH, which one will give me the biggest bang for the buck?

Sword of Telara

If you don't have a weapon that has more than 30 DPS the dagger is your best choice. After that the ring if you need Hit, or the chest if you need stats. Mine has something like 44 dex on it.

DB1

First use the epic dex augment for all your peices. Get 4 peices crafted ring,shoulders,body,dagger(offhand). Fill the rest of the slots(helm,hands,feet,legs) with Darnes t3 plaq. This will give you 2 set bonuses W crystal. Get a 33 or 34 weapon for main hand. This set up is Bis for rogues until you can start getting HK stuff.
    Last edited by DB1; 11-04-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Plane Walker

If you plan on raiding you will probably hold on to the shoulders, chestpiece and ring the longest.

The combined set bonus you get from the 3 pieces (+endurance and +atk power) is the best you'll get in T1 raid (T3) pieces until you start raiding HK.

Quote Originally Posted by Neykho View Post
    If you plan on raiding you will probably hold on to the shoulders, chestpiece and ring the longest.

The combined set bonus you get from the 3 pieces (+endurance and +atk power) is the best you'll get in T1 raid (T3) pieces until you start raiding HK.
    There's the rub. I want to raid with this toon, but the Defiant guild I'm in is an "alt guild" as our main guild is Guardian. I may have to join a different guild on the Defiant side as right now we only have two 50's counting myself.

I agree, the ring, chest and shoulders are pretty good. A few of them are on par with or better than t3 items.
    I just wish that dagger was abit stronger..
    My question is - is the set bonus really worth it?
    keep crappy dagger and get set bonus, or put a better dagger in slot?

since you're only in t1 gear, i'd say get the dagger. eventually, you'll earn enough coin to get the rest of the pieces. even 2 daggers if you're really unlucky getting drops. if you manage to get in a GP/DH run, and get a foul stinger/black ice, then you don't really need the dagger. but until then, weapons increase your dps the most out of any piece of gear.

later on, the chest/shoulders/ring are very useful. you can have a 4 piece deathbringer set bonus, along with a 4 piece durne's bonus with a synergy crytstal.

Quote Originally Posted by Neykho View Post

Even tho you already read this,
    This is 100% true.
    I am in HK 10/11 and still running these three pieces just for the two bonus parts.
    With the epic aug, the dex stat is on par with HK gearing,
    You are able to 400 hit with other gear and have your faction runes thru out your armor and still make Akylios requirements.

The ring will be the next to go out of the three pieces I still use, followed by the rest since it has always been the att power I was after from the set bonus.
    IMHO the weapon is meh, even as an offhand. TONS of other weapon choices you can go thru, even on an alt level to replace the dagger. Much few choices in terms of rings and armor.

Tal
    Last edited by Taleon; 11-08-2011 at 03:53 AM.

+ Reply to Thread