+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Tales of Want: Gedlo's Dragon-Hunter's Bow

Default Tales of Want: Gedlo's Dragon-Hunter's Bow

I'm coming along on my Lv50 Rogue. She's all decked out in T1 gear, and I'm continuing to grind the T2's to upgrade to T2 gear. I was fortunate enough to have the Rune-Carved Bow drop in RD...

...but I covet the Gedlo Dragon-Hunter's Bow.

So far I've only managed to get into DD a couple of times (as queuing as DPS/Support takes hours) and have yet to see this holiest of holies drop. And, of course, I have no doubts that when it DOES drop that I will lose the roll on it. :/

So until the day when my avatar holds it in her digitally sweaty little hands, I'd love to hear tales of how other people got their bows - whether it's Gedlo's or another epic bow or gun.

I too run through DD as often as possible, hoping for it to drop. That and shoe / spirit wolf totem are the last things I want from t2s, fully decked out otherwise. Lost it to dps warriors twice, and once to a very bad rogue. Almost have a full tank set of plaque gear now in addition to the dps stuff which is somewhat nice though.

Champion of Telara

Random trash drop in HK. Only dropped once for us.

The funny thing is that the 2 items from T2s you might hold onto the longest are actually the purple RD trinket and the Normaster Chain.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    Random trash drop in HK. Only dropped once for us.
    Raided HK for month without drop.
    Then...
    There it was! "ALL IN!!"
    3 Relic-Tokens woth of dkp later it was mine!
    MINEE!!!! MUHAHA!!!
    Next Raid, same ID: another one...
    Next ID: another one...
    I am happy, but i hate Murphy and his Law...

Rift Disciple

I know when I finally got the bow from the last boss in CC it was a happy moment. We had failed like 7 attempts at the boss and finally got it right and there was the bow and I won the roll. If we had failed to complete the boss again we were going to call it and give up.

Champion of Telara

Hahaha DKP hahahaha.

=P

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    Hahaha DKP hahahaha.

=P
    I'm sure your loot council's administered by people who don't play the game and are completely and utterly fair and unbiased.

Or you have some carebear rotational loot system because your casual members whine that its unfair they don't get as much loot.

Champion of Telara

Our loot council is actually like 99% fair and unbiased. Sometimes that even makes it really annoying.

The loot council pretty much removes some/none/most from the /roll depending on whatever ... then whoever has luck on their side.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    I'm sure your loot council's administered by people who don't play the game and are completely and utterly fair and unbiased.

Or you have some carebear rotational loot system because your casual members whine that its unfair they don't get as much loot.
    Whatever a guild agrees to that works for them is fine by me. I've had some issues with a Loot Council of one (in mDD) but for the most part my toon is decked out quite nicely so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Zaphod View Post
    Whatever a guild agrees to that works for them is fine by me. I've had some issues with a Loot Council of one (in mDD) but for the most part my toon is decked out quite nicely so far.
    Well, of course. And loot that drops goes somewhere, so if your guild stays together long enough, people get their loot.

The only difference is where that piece of highly desired loot drops goes when it drops for the first time. Getting to pick at leftovers because everyone else in your class has equal or better already isn't my idea of fair... neither is being denied something when its decided that its a larger upgrade for someone else regardless of other factors.

I personally prefer dkp, since its basically a currency system where you get to decide just how important a piece is to you and whether or not that minor upgrade is worth blowing all your dkp. But you're right. Whatever you and your guild agrees to. Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead in a loot council guild.

Rift Disciple

what exactly is DkP not come across that before.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Loot Council is actually one of the most fair ways of doing it..

When an item drops, people link in our loot channel if they want it..Whoever has the worst item gets it..Well..1 item a week unless nobody wants the item. Pretty simple, pretty fair.

and for the rare items, who cares who gets it first..there's always next week.
    Last edited by Spungey; 11-04-2011 at 03:20 PM.
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

This is what I did:
    Ran CC 2/3 times for the last boss bow drop.
    I ran DD 15-18 times for that bloody bow to drop.
    I was then ready for T1 raiding. Picked up the bow from GP, running that for now
    Orchide (Kelari) | eXile Corp (Rocket Science) | Assassin/Marksman
    Level: 60 (R80) | Server: Zaviel

Hello fellow death core-ian!
    Last edited by Mav986; 11-06-2011 at 04:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast