+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Attention Rogues: PTS DPS Testing

Rift Disciple

Default Attention Rogues: PTS DPS Testing

So we are all aware that Marksman is getting a rather tremendous nerf, and that more than a few things are going to change with 1.6. Back when 1.5 first came out, we tested a lot of stuff, but now that synergy crystals are actually coming into play, it's time to see what works now. Besides, aren't we all getting tired of complaining? It's time to post some numbers. Maybe then we will provide some irrefutable proof of issues.

The reason I'm making a post here about it is because it is important that we get as many people as we can to come out, as the more people we have to bounce information off of, the great likelihood for success we'll hopefully have. The more minds, the better!

So here is how we're going to keep the numbers standardized:

First of all, inform us of your gear. Parses are important, but we cannot compare an HK rogue to a GSB/RoS rogue.

If at all possible, use either the Full Tier 1 gear, or the gear you use on live if you have the HK 4 piece.

NO CONSUMABLES. They skew the data, and they're not necessary. We all know specs will scale with raid buffs, but it's hard to compare between people not using consumables and those who are.

On the same line as consumables, the only raid buff you should use is Fervor or Clover. Other buffs are likely to affect all specs similarly, so its better to get a baseline than a bunch of data that we cannot compare. Self-buffs are included in this unless it is an enhancement or other buff that's not overridden in a raid.

And that's it. We'll have a bard for everyone's convenience. When I'm not testing specs, I should be on the Alpha server with a public group. Feel free to join us and test the specs you've been dying to test.

Time wise, we're not sure yet of when we will be doing our testing, so I'll get back here tomorrow hopefully with a more precise time, but plan for mid-day.

No. No no no no no

Marksman would have competitive AoE and Sab would be viable and BD would be viable and AssStalker would have more DPS if we didn't post parses. Parses are bad. Parses get nerfs!!
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    No. No no no no no

Marksman would have competitive AoE and Sab would be viable and BD would be viable and AssStalker would have more DPS if we didn't post parses. Parses are bad. Parses get nerfs!!
    I didn't say we'd post them on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Willovain View Post
    I didn't say we'd post them on the forums.
    Oh, you clever bastard.
    I can't really parse on a phone, but

psst...AssStalker
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

Oh, you clever bastard.
    I can't really parse on a phone, but

psst...AssStalker
    Problem with the riftstalker specs is that they're not viable on several important bosses (Grug, Akylios, few others). Hence my interest in potentially finding other viable specs, or if that is not possible, proving to Trion once and for all that there aren't any.

Problem with the riftstalker specs is that they're not viable on several important bosses (Grug, Akylios, few others). Hence my interest in potentially finding other viable specs, or if that is not possible, proving to Trion once and for all that there aren't any.
    From what I read, 49/17 NB/Sin is the best disregarding AssStalker's blinks. But...Yeah, I can't parse because I'm on a phone :l
    I still think 51 MM will be viable, just to a lesser extent.
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

From what I read, 49/17 NB/Sin is the best disregarding AssStalker's blinks. But...Yeah, I can't parse because I'm on a phone :l
    I still think 51 MM will be viable, just to a lesser extent.
    The Nightblade spec isn't bad, but I'm still determined to find some way to salvage MM... Mark my words!

The Nightblade spec isn't bad, but I'm still determined to find some way to salvage MM... Mark my words!
    I'll still probably end up running it on most fights, honestly. I don't have any greater marks, let alone the HK crystals, due to a certain issue with my guild and Wednesdays and me not ever being able to be there, but I've progressed on, and seen all the fights up to Molinar. The DPS loss will be rather minimal for me, maybe 200 at best. I'll run AssStalker on Sicaron if I ever get the chance, though.

I'm guessing even post-nerf, MM will be the 2nd best rogue DPS spec.
    Last edited by Zaros; 11-03-2011 at 07:03 PM.
    ~Quiescent

MM does not need to be salvaged, it is being adjusted to the DPS it always should have been. It will still be the best ranged spec rogues have, and probably top DPS spec in any fight with melee disconnects.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    MM does not need to be salvaged, it is being adjusted to the DPS it always should have been. It will still be the best ranged spec rogues have, and probably top DPS spec in any fight with melee disconnects.
    This coming from the man who caused the MM nerfs in the 1st place...

We will most likely be doing these tests this saturday, Nov. 5th.

Shadowlander

I was on PTS earlier trying various Ranger builds with the Ranger crystal while keeping Deaden at minimum. I wasn't able to find anything that would beat 51MM with the MM crystal, but the closest seemed to be 38MM/28RNG with the updated Ranger Crystal. It looked like it was lagging behind by about 80-100 dps. I'm not sure if raid buffs would increase pet dmg to make up for that.

However with Trick Shot building combo points, it may be a more viable cleave build for fights with 2-3 mobs. Fan Out is air dmg while Trick Shot is physical dmg, but Rending Munitions is being used in place of Silver Tip Munitions. Rending would help phys dmg while lacking Silver Tip hurts overall dmg.

Additionaly, if the situation requires a lot of cleaving, then 38MM/28RNG would probably benefit more from the MM crystal than the Ranger crystal.

- Moreir

Rift Disciple

Okay, so I'm patching PTS right now to get on and test some of the changes to the Ranger synergy crystal. What I'm trying to figure out though is whether or not Sniper Training still effects Splinter Shots and Shadow Fires cast once they're made instant. My understanding is that Sniper Training still effects Empowered Shot, so logically, it would like carry over to the ranger crystal as well, yes?

Has anyone tested this? If not, I'll find out here shortly I suppose.

I have some level of skepticism about the new ranger crystal. On the surface, the move to instant cast is rather nice. However, the reduced cast time is somewhat moot if energy starvation ends up being a limiting factor in its place.

Obviously 38 MM with Controlled Fire helps somewhat. Has anyone tested if this is enough? In any event, energy all but precludes a dip into Sin and use of Expose Weakness, which is a shame. I'll take a look at some testing over the weekend myself, but was wondering if anyone already had some results.

So we are all aware that Marksman is getting a rather tremendous nerf, and that more than a few things are going to change with 1.6. Back when 1.5 first came out, we tested a lot of stuff, but now that synergy crystals are actually coming into play, it's time to see what works now. Besides, aren't we all getting tired of complaining? It's time to post some numbers. Maybe then we will provide some irrefutable proof of issues.

The reason I'm making a post here about it is because it is important that we get as many people as we can to come out, as the more people we have to bounce information off of, the great likelihood for success we'll hopefully have. The more minds, the better!

So here is how we're going to keep the numbers standardized:

First of all, inform us of your gear. Parses are important, but we cannot compare an HK rogue to a GSB/RoS rogue.

If at all possible, use either the Full Tier 1 gear, or the gear you use on live if you have the HK 4 piece.

NO CONSUMABLES. They skew the data, and they're not necessary. We all know specs will scale with raid buffs, but it's hard to compare between people not using consumables and those who are.

On the same line as consumables, the only raid buff you should use is Fervor or Clover. Other buffs are likely to affect all specs similarly, so its better to get a baseline than a bunch of data that we cannot compare. Self-buffs are included in this unless it is an enhancement or other buff that's not overridden in a raid.

And that's it. We'll have a bard for everyone's convenience. When I'm not testing specs, I should be on the Alpha server with a public group. Feel free to join us and test the specs you've been dying to test.

Time wise, we're not sure yet of when we will be doing our testing, so I'll get back here tomorrow hopefully with a more precise time, but plan for mid-day.
    why did you post this half a day after i posted http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ses-1-6-a.html and did everything you are asking us to do? only thing i didnt test was saboteur, im done playing it so even if it is #1 by 500dps i wont play it.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Can someone fill me in, what exactly is getting nerfed with MM?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast