+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anathema CONFUSION! Wth is going on here!

Plane Touched

Default Anathema CONFUSION! Wth is going on here!

Alright, So I initially decided to spec my rogue for 15Infiltrator for the Anathema Debuff for healers based on the Tooltip I read in game. Here is exactly what the tooltip currently says for Anathema:

"Reduces Healing Taken By the Target by 50% for 30seconds" <-- Now this makes me think that it makes the target of the DEBUFF take less healing by 50% for 30seconds. That is what the tooltip implies, that the target of the debuff TAKES less healing for 30seconds. It doesn't mention anywhere that the target DOES less healing for 30seconds. If it said "Reduces healing taken by the Targets Target" then I would assume that it makes the person the target is healing take less healing, but it doesn't. It indicates to me that it makes the TARGET OF MY DEBUFF TAKE LESS HEALING.

However, when I have read around on the forums and talked about it in-game, people have suggested that it makes the Healer DO less healing output for by 50% for 30seconds. I just can't see how people are getting the idea that it reduces Healing Output based on what that tooltip says. Is the Tooltip described backwards, or did they change it at some point and people just aren't aware of the change?

When I look at the Fell Blades tooltip this is what it says:

"Adds a curse to the enemy that lasts 15Seconds, Reducing healing taken by 50%" <-- this almost looks to me as the same thing as Anathema, it says basically reduces healing taken by the target of the debuff, the same exact thing that Anathema basically says in its tooltip.

So what I don't get is how people are saying that these skills do 2 different things when tooltips basically say the same things.

What am I missing here?
    Last edited by Fade2Black; 11-03-2011 at 10:40 AM.
    "Nothing is more unjust, however common, than to charge with hypocrisy him that expresses zeal for those virtues which he neglects to practice; since he may be sincerely convinced of the advantages of conquering his passions, without having yet obtained the victory........"

Xsi

It used to function as a healing output reduction of 50%. It has since changed to be a healing debuff received (and since it's effect is on the target is now similiar, it no longer stacks with Fell Blades/Vamp Munitiions debuff).

I think 1.4? was when this happened.
    Last edited by Xsi; 11-03-2011 at 11:02 AM.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Quote Originally Posted by Fade2Black View Post

So what I don't get is how people are saying that these skills do 2 different things when tooltips basically say the same things.

What am I missing here?
    In earlier builds, Anathema used to be a debuff that had 5 stacks, and at five stacks reducing the output of healing by 50%, each heal affected by this reduces the stack by 1.

It used to effectively stack with lingering wounds / fel blades, by having the output reduced by 50% and the intake reduced by 50%.

But this is no longer, it is exactly the same function, just more clunky than other heal debuffs. It does not affect healing output, just intake. Don't beat yourself up over how developers word tooltips. Haha.

Plane Touched

Alright great guys, thanks for that clarification. Looks like I can go back to my Sin/Infil build again with confidence as my Healer counter for open world(PVP Dailies ect..). I knew that it was helping me with taking healers down by the success rate I suddenly had with dropping them, but people were confusing me by implying that it reduced output and not input as the tooltip suggested. For a minute I started thinking NB was my only option as a healer counter build. I love the Cleanse/Interrupt Poison/player damage that infil gives me over what NB gives.
    "Nothing is more unjust, however common, than to charge with hypocrisy him that expresses zeal for those virtues which he neglects to practice; since he may be sincerely convinced of the advantages of conquering his passions, without having yet obtained the victory........"

Alright great guys, thanks for that clarification. Looks like I can go back to my Sin/Infil build again with confidence as my Healer counter for open world(PVP Dailies ect..). I knew that it was helping me with taking healers down by the success rate I suddenly had with dropping them, but people were confusing me by implying that it reduced output and not input as the tooltip suggested. For a minute I started thinking NB was my only option as a healer counter build. I love the Cleanse/Interrupt Poison/player damage that infil gives me over what NB gives.
    Anathema is not going to make Sin a healer counter, it's instantly cleansed off, and with that, your hopes and dreams. If there is any heals going off in a battle, you're better suited to be a nightblade, constantly pumping you full of heals and reapplying your debuff.

Deep assassin shines in taking out world objective non-clerics. It's pretty unbeatable at that.

The real Cleric killer, if you insist on playing sin, is 32sin 18nb 16rs. Heal leech, impale, and ebon fury / final blow every 3rd gcd. With brew and heal leeches, no healer can outlast you basically. And you can present overwhelming damage in a 15s window.

This is assuming you don't like to play NB/RS. You can be pretty much indifferent to most situations and be highly effective whether its 2v1, 1v2, 2v2, 5v5, doesn't matter. Zzz.

You're not gonna be killing geared healers with anything less than 44MM or 16NB
    Last edited by Xahz; 11-03-2011 at 02:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread