+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue <Cookie Cutter> Class?

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Rogue <Cookie Cutter> Class?

Are you looking for a spec that does not require you to be the "cookie cutter"?

Well! I'm sorry to say that the only true choice is 51 MM- 15 Ranger or 51 MM- 14 Ranger- 1 NB.

I want to see Trion bring Assassin in line with MM.

I want to see Blade dancer be able to compete with MM.

I want to see Ranger be valuable!
    "Will this ever happen? Only Trion knows."

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

I as a Rogue say that the Marksman soul is far better; but only when paired with Ranger.

If you try any other spec combination for the Rogue class, no other spec has the damage per second to compete with the Marksman/Ranger combination.

I'm talking within 100 Dps variation un-buffed on the test dummy.

Assassin is the saddest melee spec. Only good in world pvp and only amazing when you have the opener.

I love my Rogue....

I hate how only one spec for PvE is truly viable for optimal Dps.

What is you're thoughts about the choices for the Rogue?

You do realise that Assassin is top DPS right now?
    Last edited by Cinerus; 11-03-2011 at 06:34 AM.
    - Kaboomium <The Unnamed> -

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Cinerus View Post
    You do realise that Assassin is top DPS right now?
    You do "realize" that I pull higher dps with MM. I pull significantly higher Dps as MM/Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    You do "realize" that I pull higher dps with MM. I pull significantly higher Dps as MM/Ranger.
    Are you using crystals for both specs? I don't see MM "significantly" outdpsing 32 Sin. I have both MM and Sin crystal (although only 3 pieces) and I parse ~200DPS higher with Sin.
    - Kaboomium <The Unnamed> -

RIFT Guide Writer

The point of the original post of the thread is not having cookie cutter to have the optimal dps.

If you can find a way to have 51 assassin + X do more dps than 1600, my hats off to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    You do realise that's a bastardised spelling, right?

Mind the conceit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinerus View Post
    Are you using crystals for both specs? I don't see MM "significantly" outdpsing 32 Sin. I have both MM and Sin crystal (although only 3 pieces) and I parse ~200DPS higher with Sin.
    Does sin actually outparse MM? I mean, I know it will when 1.6 hits, everyone does. But I'm pretty sure 51/14/1 is the end all rogue DPS spec for 1.5.
    ~Quiescent

Hmm, I due like sin and mm, the sweat call of sab is my second favorite. Bard well be my first favorite. I really love my bombs and my music. See I go 44 sab/10 marks and 12 bd. That why I have all my tools and get to blow things up.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...AuRsVesdso.Vzm
    or for those who prefer more armor reduction then:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...AuRsVesdso.Vzm

Either way I get to blow stuff up. Now if only when I kill someone I see body parts flying and I would be a happy mad bomber. I just love bowing stuff up. Not great for raids. But lots of fun in doing other things.
    Let freedom ring and all trolls hide under the bridge

Rift Disciple

So you're complaining about cookie cutter specs, demand another viable alternative to MM. Now MM is getting nerfed, you're going to be forced to play Nightblade...

You happy now?

Nightblade, 51 BD, and 32 sin will all out DPS 51 MM with the right gear come 1.6 ... You should not be pulling higher DPS with MM over Blood Stalker at any gear level unless your ranged weapon is a tier higher than your melee weaps.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Rift Disciple

Too bad your beloved bloodstalker spec is worthless on any fight that matters. Oh snap, all the hooting and hollering for an overall dps loss.

Ya'll need to stop complaining about every spec you don't like. Everyone gets whiny about being pigeonholed into one spec or another, but when the spec one or three people don't like gets nerfed, we're pigeonholed into yet another crappy spec, and the people who did like the spec are SOL. Nightblade got a buff, you've got your melee spec now. Too bad we've all wasted the last month or so gearing for Marksman and now have to re-gear again. When will you all learn that nerfing anyone's dps hurts the entire raid. It's not like people are breezing by raid content or anything...
    Last edited by Willovain; 11-03-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Willovain View Post
    Too bad your beloved bloodstalker spec is worthless on any fight that matters. Oh snap, all the hooting and hollering for an overall dps loss.

Ya'll need to stop complaining about every spec you don't like. Everyone gets whiny about being pigeonholed into one spec or another, but when the spec one or three people don't like gets nerfed, we're pigeonholed into yet another crappy spec, and the people who did like the spec are SOL. Nightblade got a buff, you've got your melee spec now. Too bad we've all wasted the last month or so gearing for Marksman and now have to re-gear again. When will you all learn that nerfing anyone's dps hurts the entire raid. It's not like people are breezing by raid content or anything...

You sound kind of upset. I can't imagine why...
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    You sound kind of upset. I can't imagine why...
    Didn't he just mention the reasons? One being that when any spec gets nerfed it hurts the entire raid dps and that people spent the last month build up their MM only to have it nerfed. They are the same reasons that i'm upset. I have gotten over my rant and tried to look over this in an objective way.

I still have issues wondering why if people want to do top DPS they are worried about being forced to use 1 spec be it MM, BD or any other spec. It seems obvious to me that if you are looking at all out dps there will always be 1 spec that will parse higher than others and logically people will use that spec then complain about being pigeonholed.

I can't see how people don't realise that having high ranged dps capability will help fights in a number of situations due to the fact that you don't need to dodge some (and i say some) of the mechanics. I get the feeling that this is more about what spec people play so they are top dps in their raid vs what spec helps the raid the most. Let's take the soulrender fight... ranged rogue can help with the crystals on both sides and easialy switch back to the boss or magus. With a melee spec you need to get up to the crystal... get close to the magus then get back to the other side... etc.

There will also be an amount of pigeonholing if you are talking about straight out top dps, issue being is that people parse on the dummy... see the dps and think that it's going to be the same dps they do in a fight. Or they use "static" fights like plutonus. Builds are there to carry some utility too who cares if you can parse 4k (example) if you loose interrupt or aoe capability.

Well we will wait for 1.6 and see how things go... I have had my QQ session about the MM nerf already while I am upset about the change i'll just see what the next top spec is and switch to that.
    Malumvomica <The Fabled> Rogue DPS
    DH 4/4 GP 4/4 GSB 5/5 ROS Conq HK 4/11 RoTP 4/4

+ Reply to Thread