+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PA Tier 2

Default PA Tier 2

Having just returned to the game following an enforced 3 month absence, I find this new thing called Planar Attunement.

As a Rogue tank (unlikely to raid - but one can dream), does it actually really matter which element I follow given that each special hex yields 1 stat point? I generally feel that a path that yields Endurance is probably best, but what about Dex or even Str?

Also I'm reading the odd thread that implies there is going to be a "big" ability in tier 2, does anyone have any ideas what these will be - would hate to lose my hard earned points just to find out I've picked the wrong path....

As a dps I just go for weapon dps increases, stats and extra planar attunement points are good too.

The 'big' dps increase for rogues is in the fire tree. There's a buff that increases weapon dps by 4... however, it doesn't stack with whetstones.

From what I saw, all rogue big 'tier 2' abilities suck. Most are based around pvp or soloing. The proc on crit would be nice if it wasn't for all procs sucking in this game.

What's worst about saving points though, is there might be a good tier 3 ability, other classes actually have some decent T2s so it stands to reason we might get a good T3 one, so not sure if you can try and game it to be ready for that.

As a tank, you can't count on any buff stacking... but earth still looks best because of the passives. I didn't compile the list too, so I'm not sure about the resists thing... but +75 to a resist looks awesome to me. Here's the listing:

Unlocking tier 2 requires completely filling each hex of the previous tier. So, to unlock Fire tier 2, you'd completely fill all of fire tier 1.

Each Tier 2 Attunement has:•Two hexes for each of the weapon masteries in the tier below. So T2 death attunement has two dagger and two axe masteries, each with 4 ranks, just like the previous level, with +0.2 dps each rank. (150/175/200/225)
    • Three ward hexes of three ranks each that reduce damage from rift creatures of that type by 1/2/3% (125/175/225)
    • One hex of +resist with thee ranks (75/100/125)
    • Five +stat hexes of three ranks each, identical to the previous tier (100/130/170)
    • One major lure hex (200)

The good stuff:

Earth:
    Teleport to Stonefield (100)
    Barbed Blade: 23 damage to attackers on deflect (600)
    Safefall - 2: (150)

Air:
    Teleport to Droughtlands (100)
    Lightning Glyph: +30 dex for 2 hours (600)
    Windsprint - 1: +2% unmounted out of combat movement speed (300)

Fire:
    Teleport to Stonefield (100)
    Razor Edge - increases one-handed melee weapon dps by 4 for 2 hours (600)
    Fire Spurs - 2: +2% mounted movement speed (150)

Water:
    Teleport to Moonshade (100)
    Weapon Guard: Reduces the duration of disarm effects by [%modvalue0] second, for 2 hours (600)
    Wave Rider - 2: increases swim speed by 5% (150)

Life:
    Teleport to Scarwood (100)
    Baneful Blade: physical critical strikes have a chance to deal an extra 125 damage for 2 hours (600)
    Swift Saddle: reduces time to mount by 5% (300)

Death:
    Teleport to Gloamwood (100)
    Vampiric Essence: Gives damaging ability attacks a 20% chance to return 10% of the damage done in healing, for 2 hours
    Gravewalk - 2: increases movement speed while soul walking by 5% (150)

Notes:
    At the moment, the charge-consuming 600-pt abilities don't work, so I couldn't check what it stacks with / whether it persists through death.
    The Fire Teleport to Stonefield sends you to Ember Isle instead.
    Last edited by Mayi; 11-03-2011 at 06:15 AM.

Edit timer in this forum is soooo annoying. Anyways, here's something important.

Expect raiding to factor in players having the +resists if it's a passive 75 increase from each tree, so it's something all tanks at least should try and get. As soon as you find out what kind of damage the next 20 man is (if that's your thing) I'd race to get the +75 resists to that damage type asap.... if the resists bonus is a passive increase.
    Last edited by Mayi; 11-03-2011 at 06:21 AM.

wow..i kinda figured that bs wouldn't stack with whetstones...How about the life one..that gives the crit dmg proc. More than likely doesn't stack though.

The most BS part about it though is how much of a grind it is just to get there and not have them stack..I feel it's like a bait and switch..they try to come up with some random way to keep subs flying in, but then take the real decent parts out.. The dps ones are kinda decent, but those 600 pt hexagonals should stack. Even stack with each other
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Spungey View Post
    wow..i kinda figured that bs wouldn't stack with whetstones...How about the life one..that gives the crit dmg proc. More than likely doesn't stack though.

The most BS part about it though is how much of a grind it is just to get there and not have them stack..I feel it's like a bait and switch..they try to come up with some random way to keep subs flying in, but then take the real decent parts out.. The dps ones are kinda decent, but those 600 pt hexagonals should stack. Even stack with each other
    Yeah it seems none of them stack the stat bonus doesn't stack with pots. Seems more to be a way for non raiders to get the bonuses maybe?

When you called me delusional I laughed so hard I almost fell off my unicorn!!

Many thanks for the answers thus far.

Can you just confirm - what actually triggers the activation of the 600pt talent. For example is it a number of planar charges or ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gethzerion View Post
    Many thanks for the answers thus far.

Can you just confirm - what actually triggers the activation of the 600pt talent. For example is it a number of planar charges or ?
    Planar Charge..pretty sure its 1
    Last edited by Spungey; 11-03-2011 at 07:21 AM.
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread