+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Another message to our Rogue dev

Default Another message to our Rogue dev

I have been with Trion since before the release of Rift, in Beta 3 and 4 I decided I was going to make bard my main role. I have been bard ever since, I have 0 desire to play dps. I have stubbornly stuck with bard thinking Trion would hold true to their promise to "support their support".

Did you know that your bard is only viable in a 20 man raid? That anywhere else it is a liability to the raid/group because of the LACK of substantial support + dps or hps numbers? In a 10 man, only 1 support is needed, that support will always be Archon, because what is needed is buffs/debuffs + dps, of which bard only buffs . In a 5 man no support is needed (other than heals, and then only rarely, which is best done with a clerics tank soul ...? /boggle)
    Did you know that the bard soul is considered a joke of a soul amongst other souls and roles?
    If an Archon can buff/debuff and still put out substantial dps numbers, why is it taboo for a bard to buff/debuff and put out substantial hps numbers? I mean, since we are not allowed to dps at all.

Did you know that the best all around class is far and away the Cleric?
    Ever wonder why? Take a look at the cleric forums, that is the best dev interaction of all Trions devs. Is it any wonder Cleric is the best?
    Is the Cleric dev a bully amongst other devs? Is that why no one is allowed to cross that helaer line? When I imagine your office I imagine the Cleric dev as that woman with the stapler that terrorized the assassin in the movie Wanted.

Do you play a rogue? If so have you ever spent a substantial amount of time in a Bard role? Can you honsetly say to the lead dev that it is a fun, interesting and viable class?
    What is your excuse for letting it be the laughing stock of Rift?

Decide what you want your roles/souls/classes to do and stick with it, quit letting the crying masses dictate to you what to do with your game and the design of your classess.

As of 11/03/11 mine and my husbands accounts are canceled. I am sure the negativity from me will not be missed in this forum.

Lol?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Efaicia View Post
    I have been with Trion since before the release of Rift, in Beta 3 and 4 I decided I was going to make bard my main role. I have been bard ever since, I have 0 desire to play dps. I have stubbornly stuck with bard thinking Trion would hold true to their promise to "support their support".

Did you know that your bard is only viable in a 20 man raid? That anywhere else it is a liability to the raid/group because of the LACK of substantial support + dps or hps numbers? In a 10 man, only 1 support is needed, that support will always be Archon, because what is needed is buffs/debuffs + dps, of which bard only buffs . In a 5 man no support is needed (other than heals, and then only rarely, which is best done with a clerics tank soul ...? /boggle)
    Did you know that the bard soul is considered a joke of a soul amongst other souls and roles?
    If an Archon can buff/debuff and still put out substantial dps numbers, why is it taboo for a bard to buff/debuff and put out substantial hps numbers? I mean, since we are not allowed to dps at all.

Did you know that the best all around class is far and away the Cleric?
    Ever wonder why? Take a look at the cleric forums, that is the best dev interaction of all Trions devs. Is it any wonder Cleric is the best?
    Is the Cleric dev a bully amongst other devs? Is that why no one is allowed to cross that helaer line? When I imagine your office I imagine the Cleric dev as that woman with the stapler that terrorized the assassin in the movie Wanted.

Do you play a rogue? If so have you ever spent a substantial amount of time in a Bard role? Can you honsetly say to the lead dev that it is a fun, interesting and viable class?
    What is your excuse for letting it be the laughing stock of Rift?

Decide what you want your roles/souls/classes to do and stick with it, quit letting the crying masses dictate to you what to do with your game and the design of your classess.

As of 11/03/11 mine and my husbands accounts are canceled. I am sure the negativity from me will not be missed in this forum.
    Bard is boring, weak, and just generally a terribly designed soul.

But cancelling your account because one soul out of 36 isn't what you anticipated is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Xahz View Post

But cancelling your account because one soul out of 36 isn't what you anticipated is silly.
    When it is the only class and role I was interested in, what reason do I have to stay?

Rift Chaser

When it is the only class and role I was interested in, what reason do I have to stay?
    So you can qq on message boards? Peace out yo

Shouldn't be playing this game in the first place then, sorry bud, but not every soul is going to be viable 100% of the time. That's why you get 8

Or Trion could, you know, look at the bard soul!
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xahz View Post

i dunno about weak, terrible, and boring... i just respec'd my 51pt raid bard to a battlebard spec. since i dont use it in raid much anyway being a MT. gotta say battlebards are cool.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalLucidity View Post
    i dunno about weak, terrible, and boring... i just respec'd my 51pt raid bard to a battlebard spec. since i dont use it in raid much anyway being a MT. gotta say battlebards are cool.
    very much this. battlebard is great for 10mans and decent for 5mans. bard is really pretty ok. it is in need of a range increase, and arguably something to let you channel cadence while moving, but really the bard soul is just about where it should be.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    very much this. battlebard is great for 10mans and decent for 5mans. bard is really pretty ok. it is in need of a range increase, and arguably something to let you channel cadence while moving, but really the bard soul is just about where it should be.
    Honestly I think that motif duration should be increased to at least 60 seconds and preferably longer.

Shield of Telara

I think the big message to the Rogue dev, is too look at your post count, and then look at the warrior dev's post count.

Frankly the Rogue community is pissed because other souls get dialog with their developer, and in a patch the developer even provides feedback on changes.

While Rogues on the otherhand have been wondering for months if we even have a developer, and when changes are made they are just made with ZERO feedback on the developers part.

Thats why most Rogue players are pissed because frankly we have no idea what YOUR goal is for the Riftstalker soul.

Some questions that would be nice to answer would be:

1. For patch 1.6 are these all the changes that can be expected for Riftstalker?
    2. What is your goal for Riftstalker, are we supposed to be able to tank encounters just as effectively as a Warrior?
    3. If so how will you balance the numbers. Will we have better mitigation to make up for the difference or through avoidance or a combination of both.
    4. Also do you plan on making us balanced versus Warriors or do you have some sort of belief that Rogues should be inferior tanks?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    Compared to other support classes, I don't know how you could say that.

Rift Disciple

OP is correct, I played a bard class at the start on beta and lasted 6 months in raiding, I got so bored! Master of none so to speak, mindless keystrokes, swapping out battlebard to 51 pointer.

Barding should be an art, twisting songs, being a help or a hindrance, cc and buffs and dps, I wish bards didn't heal, it'd be a better class for it.

* yes i do know a bard can heal a 5 man, top Wf Healing get > 750 hps in a raid, but really?

A rogue healer?

really? really?

this is something I just don't get. Why in the world do you want to be the same? Really, all this QQ from players just baffles me. OMG, I can't tank like a warrior, I can't support like an Archon.

Seriously, roll a warrior if you wanna tank..Roll a mage if you wanna support. This is the Rogue Calling. This is a main DPS calling. Stop expecting to be as good as the other callings when that's what there souls are for.

The Rogue Dev doesn't respond cause he gets bombarded with irrelevant questions.

This is basically all I see from class forums:

Warrior..OMG why can't I have a range soul or a healing/support soul
    Rogue.. Why can't we tank like warriors, or heal/support like clerics/mages

and its mainly only these 2. I am a rogue myself, but I never once expected a LEATHER wearing class to mitigate just as much as a warrior or heal/support just as much as clerics or mages..

get a grip. It's like people just wanna scrap the diversity of the callings and just make one with 1 soul in it and they should all do everything the exact same way.

Some callings reap the benefit more, some don't...You chose to roll a rogue so get over it. If you wanted to play another specific roll, there are 3 other callings to choose from...Getting to 50 is easy.
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

can someone tl;dr this for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast