+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Rallying all RIFTSTALKERS

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Rallying all RIFTSTALKERS

Fellow Riftstalkers,

I wasn't expecting to obtain deflection before patch 1.6 but it was added in today's hotfix. There is no word in today's hotfix about the Shadow Guard bug being fixed so I'll assume it wasn't fixed.

With Shadow Guard still bugged (Murdantix / Sicaron can't be properly tested) the best boss in HK to compare physical damage between tank is Grugonim.

I will be posting parse results for our Grugonim kill later today, I ask any other Riftstalkers that tank him to provide their parse results as well here (Preferably from a parser that can also get data from other tanks).

Here's what we'll need to properly analyze the data.

Spec
    Fully Buffed armor (after buffs)
    Dext (after buffs)
    Deflection rating (after buffs)
    Deflection amount (after buffs)
    Whether your better / lesser or equally geared than the other tanks.
    Since we are just evaluating physical damage, list the average damage taken from Grugonim's regular attack for each tank.

I will be using 51 RS / 8 BD / 7 Ranger, if anyone wants to try another spec feel free to do so. For the grugonim fight the 41 RS / 17 BD / 8 Ranger would be decent as well (usually have an add or 2 beating on me every now and then so that can give me more dodge chances).

I will post my parse results later today or tomorrow. I'll also compare it with my previous Grugonim parse results but the more parses we have the better it will be.
    Last edited by Muffin911; 11-02-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Vote Muffin for president!

Definately...Muffin actually gives my Riftstalker hope =P

Ideally everyone should be using the same parser. They have all proven to be inconsistent with one another. I would suggest using ACT.
    Kryptyx - Guildless ;( - Raidcruit me!
    Riftstalker BIS Spreadsheet

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptyx View Post
    Ideally everyone should be using the same parser. They have all proven to be inconsistent with one another. I would suggest using ACT.
    I find raid rift logs is easier to get data & compare but as long as your parse can get the Average damage taken per physical attack on each tank then it's fine. Raid Rift Logs also accounts for Rift Guard absorb and I don't know if this is true for other parses (I know some don't). If anyone can confirm if ACT accounts for rift guard absorb or not then please do.
    Last edited by Muffin911; 11-02-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Can you go rally the justicar tanks? I'm lazy

Cleric Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    Make Xitan or Radak do it.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    You guys are going to need some serious threat increase now. Pretty sure you'll lose single target threat from warriors AOE now considering it's at least 2x higher than what rogues are now.
    Last edited by Muffin911; 11-02-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Rift Master

I'll tank it tonight just for you, I'll also run the BD Hybrid.
    Last edited by Kublakan; 11-02-2011 at 10:56 AM.
    Kublakan - 11/11 - Rogue
    Sig - was originally removed because it showed BOOBIES.
    LFGUILD BRO.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin911 View Post
    I find raid rift logs is easier to get data & compare but as long as your parse can get the Average damage taken per physical attack on each tank then it's fine. Raid Rift Logs also accounts for Rift Guard absorb and I don't know if this is true for other parses (I know some don't). If anyone can confirm if ACT accounts for rift guard absorb or not then please do.
    yea i switched to raid rift logs, it does DPS and DPS(e) where ACT does not (or even cares to try). but i still use ACT for all personal tests on PTS, i just dont use it while raiding anymore.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

I can't help with the tank data, but I did wanna come and cheer on those who can, and thank them for helping.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    Mirage of Faeblight

Problem with using Grug is that if you have the ant debuff you take ~75% more damage from Grug. That makes average damage taken pretty unreliable.
    Rathi@Gelidra <Invictus>
    IRotP: Conqueror | NM TD: 4/4

Ascendant

Full tank gear:
    hitpoints: 13370
    deflect chance: 21.02%
    deflect absorb: 37.52%

Hybrid gear (i.e kept the 4 toughness slots, swapped rest to DPS):
    hitpoints: 12151
    deflect chance: 21.7%
    deflect absorb: 38.27%

Full DPS gear:
    hitpoints: 6434
    deflect chance: 28.83%
    deflect absorb: 45.17%

Deflect is a joke. Actually deflect itself isn't too bad. The scaling from DEX is a joke. Trade 1200 hitpoints in exchnage for 0.5% chance to reduce 0.7% extra damage? 0.35% average mitigati on gain for 1200 hitpoints? Tell your story walking buddy.

I've said it before, i'll say it again. Having all our tanking gear stack massive amounts of END instead of DEX was a stupid idea. Having our END scaling be so bad was a stupid idea. I have almost 1500 END and I have less hp than our warrior who has only 1100.

WTF Trion?
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin911 View Post
    Ok I can use Rift Logs. I've just been using ACT since EQ2 so I'm very familiar with it. It does parse RG absorbs as heals, which can be changed in the settings.

You would probably get a more accurate parse from something like Zilas. Should be interesting to see if I can tank Sicaron tonight.
    Kryptyx - Guildless ;( - Raidcruit me!
    Riftstalker BIS Spreadsheet

Default Self-Buffed Only

Spec: 51RS/8BD/7RG
    Fully Buffed armor (after buffs): 5441
    Dext (after buffs): 438
    Deflection rating (after buffs): 21.26%
    Deflection amount (after buffs): 37.79%
    Last edited by Machin; 11-02-2011 at 12:05 PM.
    Kragar Fiftyonedps - Leader of <Death to Dragons> on Faeblight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast