+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: More MM nerfs

Telaran

Default More MM nerfs

Trion

Doing something about the healing debuff is not enough.

Nerf Marksman damage hard.

Its totally ridiculous

1K valor and P8 gear counts for nothing as you get 2 shot.

Maybe you should try using a survival pvp spec instead of trying to mow through WFs as a glass cannon.

I for one have a hell of a time trying to kill properly specced R8 people as a glass cannon MM, and I certainly don't cry/complain/whine when I get two shot or even one shot.

When I go battlebard it's another story ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Xereus View Post
    Trion

Its totally ridiculous

Lol 2 shot from a MM
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Trion

Its totally ridiculous

rofl, change your spec, it's what's ridiculous. i cant even be 2 shot as a marksman and we have 0 defense whatsoever!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Trion

Its totally ridiculous

You were not 2-shot at p8, stop talking out your ***. MM is quite possibly the squishiest spec in the game, with absolutely 0 defensive cooldowns outside of kiting. If anyone in this game is getting 2-shot, its probably the Marksman himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Xahz View Post
    You were not 2-shot at p8, stop talking out your ***. MM is quite possibly the squishiest spec in the game, with absolutely 0 defensive cooldowns outside of kiting. If anyone in this game is getting 2-shot, its probably the Marksman himself.
    very true.. and even still lowest hp I see in warfronts is around 3.5k.. I'd love to know how a MM can pull out 1750 damage a shot without building up 5 Cp's first. Then it becomes a six shot :P If you would of said you got 6 shotted by a MM it would be a lot more believable
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.

Sword of Telara

Most I've done in two shots is about 2300. Shadowfire and ES both have to crit, + EM and autoattack.

Lets analyze this.

Forget about putting a warrior as example, they just dont take physical damage.
    Lets say its a R8 mage with around 1100 Valor and 8000 life.

Strafe non crit 250 and crit 550 x5 = Average 3/5 shots crit meaning 550x3+250x2=2150 dmg
    Then i will use Rapid Fire shot x2 300 non crit and x3 600 crit = 300x2+600x3=2400 dmg
    This is is no attack misses or gets dodged or parried.
    Total damage 4550 meaning the mage will be left with 3450 life out of 8000 he had.

Lets say i have Quick Reload then, I can press it and repeat the above.
    Strafe = 5 secs + RFS 1 sec + Quick Reload 1 Sec + Strafe 5 secs + RFS 1 Sec = 13 Seconds
    Total damage dealt 9100 if he does not parry dodge or my attacks miss him in 13 seconds.

P.S Add about 1,5k from Electrified Munition procs in total damage. But remember Normal attacks get dodged/missed/parried in rotation.

So you saying any class with any decent self heal will not survive it? 13 seconds reaction time?

So where is this 2 shot monkey business you speak off?
    You must be speaking about R1-R2 Mages with ultra low HP.
    Last edited by Intoxication; 11-02-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
    Most I've done in two shots is about 2300. Shadowfire and ES both have to crit, + EM and autoattack.
    and sf is 2 second cast and es is 1.5 seconds.. I can pump out around 6k damage coming out of stealth with my 51 sin in that time assuming everything crits, yet no one is crying over Sins :P

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxication View Post
    Lets analyze this.

Forget about putting a warrior as example, they just dont take physical damage.
    Lets say its a R8 mage with around 1100 Valor and 8000 life.

Strafe non crit 250 and crit 550 x5 = Average 3/5 shots crit meaning 550x3+250x2=2150 dmg
    Then i will use Rapid Fire shot x2 300 non crit and x3 600 crit = 300x2+600x3=2400 dmg
    This is is no attack misses or gets dodged or parried.
    Total damage 4550 meaning the mage will be left with 3450 life out of 8000 he had.

Lets say i have Quick Reload then, I can press it and repeat the above.
    Strafe = 5 secs + RFS 1 sec + Quick Reload 1 Sec + Strafe 5 secs + RFS 1 Sec = 13 Seconds
    Total damage dealt 9100 if he does not parry dodge or my attacks miss him in 13 seconds.

So you saying any class with any decent self heal will not survive it? 13 seconds reaction time?

So where is this 2 shot monkey business you speak off?
    You must be speaking about R1-R2 Mages with ultra low HP.
    lol ive killed low rank ppl with strafe alone before, quite funny. closer to 1300 dmg per tick then
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    lol ive killed low rank ppl with strafe alone before, quite funny. closer to 1300 dmg per tick then
    And there's the rub.

Anybody who doesn't have at least 801 valor doesn't count. If you are rank 1 or rank 2 without your gear bought, expect to get your *** handed to you. You are undergeared for the environment.

He was talking about R8 gear i believe.
    I've seen Lightening Fury hit for 1500 with Orb but they must of been non valor players.
    Last edited by Intoxication; 11-02-2011 at 12:44 PM.

Yea, I can't deny that MM annihilates low ranked players. If you're not at least p6 there's pretty much no chance of you surviving a Strafe+RFS from a Marksman.

When I play Library as 44MM/22Sin, I take the portal for the damage buff, stealth + double up to their relic carrier, open with Paralyzing Strike+Strafe+RFS. Instant kill for anyone who isn't a p8 Cleric or Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Xahz View Post
    Yea, I can't deny that MM annihilates low ranked players. If you're not at least p6 there's pretty much no chance of you surviving a Strafe+RFS from a Marksman.

When I play Library as 44MM/22Sin, I take the portal for the damage buff, stealth + double up to their relic carrier, open with Paralyzing Strike+Strafe+RFS. Instant kill for anyone who isn't a p8 Cleric or Warrior
    Makes sense! We are rogues, We supposed to kill people fast, Specially ones Under-geared.

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxication View Post
    Makes sense! We are rogues, We supposed to kill people fast, Specially ones Under-geared.
    Maybe, but I still feel like a **** doing it. They have absolutely no chance to survive. Hell, their teammates don't even have time to react and save them. Its more of a problem with the gear gap than it is with rogues, however.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast