+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Deflect in today's patch

Default Deflect in today's patch

deflect is in 25% in tank gear 36% in pvp gear 38% in pve gear

they forgot to change trinkets though my arkryon's mirror is only useable by clerics and warriors still (((
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 11-02-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    deflect is in 25% in tank gear 36% in pvp gear 38% in pve gear

they forgot to change trinkets though my arkryon's mirror is only useable by clerics and warriors still (((
    Wow fail design there. They should do something to make 1 pt of dodge also give 1 pt of deflect or something.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    Wow fail design there. They should do something to make 1 pt of dodge also give 1 pt of deflect or something.
    or like maybe a % added from improved guardian phase or something

I'll do what I've been doing recently on tank issues and let muffin911 figure it out.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 11-02-2011 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Deflect will be nice for my juggernaut solo/pvp spec :P <3
    "The universe is a machine where you have been placed, and like a machine the outcome can be known. Every battle has already been won or lost. All that is left is for you to choose your side."

I'll do what I've been doing recently on tank issues and let muffin911 figure it out.

Muffin for Class-Tank Leader.

MAKE IT SO TRION!

"We are the Red Order within the immortal Chaos. We are Shadowblade."

or like maybe a % added from improved guardian phase or something

Something along there would be right, but when our rogue tank is trying to decide if he wants to use the standard "tank" loot vs his dps loot for tanking, something is wrong.

Building so much off of dex also makes it really easy to be abused in pvp though if rogues are going to get those values high enough to be useful for tanking (50%+). I don't know. A huge portion of my block rating comes from +block itemization and not +strength.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    Something along there would be right, but when our rogue tank is trying to decide if he wants to use the standard "tank" loot vs his dps loot for tanking, something is wrong.

Building so much off of dex also makes it really easy to be abused in pvp though if rogues are going to get those values high enough to be useful for tanking (50%+). I don't know. A huge portion of my block rating comes from +block itemization and not +strength.
    Precisely. And yet Trion seemed pretty adamant that Deflect is to be based on Dexterity and nothing else. No Deflect stats on equipment, no Deflect talents or abilities.

I think they just assumed because we're Rogues we're going to have sky high Dexterity. Completely forgetting that this does not apply to those in tank equipment which trades away that Dexterity for Dodge and Parry (the latter of which is near-useless for Riftstalkers!).
    Last edited by Kedon; 11-02-2011 at 08:14 AM.

Shield of Telara

These changes are underwhelming, and a half assed attempt at fixing Riftstalker. Either put deflect in our tanking gear or base it off of 85% of our endurance.

I'm pretty sure i read on the PTS forums that deflect would be itemized into the game and added to block mechanics on trinkets and whatnot.

Keep in mind this is an initial hot-fix and not a full patch. I think expecting them to re-itemize their entire game within a hot-fix is kind of disillusioned.

I think the discussions would be more fruitful if we wait until a full patch to QQ over something that currently doesn't pose ANY drawback and is just going to make you a little less squishy.

I recommend you smile, say "Aw that's nice", and then wait and see where deflect mods get added into gear and soul trees.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Angryorc View Post
    Deflect will be nice for my juggernaut solo/pvp spec :P <3
    You do that in Guardian Phase? Because I thought that's the only time Deflect works.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerium View Post
    I'm pretty sure i read on the PTS forums that deflect would be itemized into the game and added to block mechanics on trinkets and whatnot.

Keep in mind this is an initial hot-fix and not a full patch. I think expecting them to re-itemize their entire game within a hot-fix is kind of disillusioned.

I think the discussions would be more fruitful if we wait until a full patch to QQ over something that currently doesn't pose ANY drawback and is just going to make you a little less squishy.

I recommend you smile, say "Aw that's nice", and then wait and see where deflect mods get added into gear and soul trees.

http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ml#post3315470

Yes, trinkets will work with Deflect. No, they aren't planning on adding deflect rating.
    Last edited by Argee; 11-02-2011 at 08:29 AM.
    Officer of Ginnunga.

So what, we get to test your game for you Trion?

They're just lazy and want to see how bad Deflect is with some parses in HK. Well don't worry, it will be bad.

Trion seems to think Block is what made Wars good. Prepare to be surprised!

... Their 70-80% chance to block large amounts of most attacks IS what makes warriors good in HK - if you don't add in block we technically mitigate about the same amount (pure numbers) Rift Guard makes up the armor difference. Bugs etc. make the numbers scewed but if it was all fixed block was the largest difference.

Now that said.. thanks for making us even MORE rng 25% chance to Deflect about 40% dmg in my tank gear before raid buffs and I'm only missing breastplate, and ranged slot to have full HK offset peices. It's a step, but a very tiny one, in the right direction.
    Last edited by Jhaded; 11-02-2011 at 08:38 AM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=523710&dateline=13203  03557
    Jhaded - 50 Rogue - Enigma, Faeblight
    If all that is good thinks you are evil, are you?
    I think, therefore we have nothing in common.

Quote Originally Posted by Argee View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ml#post3315470

Yes, trinkets will work with Deflect. No, they aren't planning on adding deflect rating.
    That comment states "a bunch" not "any". I think moving forward and maybe on high end gear where we are seeing the need for a deflect rating we will start seeing it added in.

A full itemization pass to all gear 1-50 is a little ambitious for us to expect. Also, there have been reports of people seeing "on block or deflect" on some Greater essences and runes as well as trinkets, so we have that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaded View Post
    ... Their 70-80% chance to block large amounts of most attacks IS what makes warriors good in HK - if you don't add in block we technically mitigate about the same amount (pure numbers) Rift Guard makes up the armor difference. Bugs etc. make the numbers scewed but if it was all fixed block was the largest difference.
    No it isn't and no we don't. This has been tested. Considering only unblocked hits, Wars still take far less physical damage. You think RG makes up the armor...but 51 VK gets considerable mitigation talents of it's own.

Why do you think Wars go 51VK now? You can get more block in paladin if you wanted. Hell, the top spec from 1.6 doesn't even include paladin.
    Last edited by Hellebron; 11-02-2011 at 09:09 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast