+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alright....

Default Alright....

So Against all opposition I have decided to figure out Sabo in PvP(shocking right?), and I can't seem to figure out a proper Rotation. Well Partly Currently it goes:

x5 Concussion Charges->Detonate->x5 Spike Charges->Detonate->x5 Blast Charges-> Detonate.

However, I have been debating whether I should go:

x3 Caltrop Charge->x2 Concussion Charge-> Detonate->x5 Spike Charges->Detonate->x5 Blast Charges-> Detonate.

I'm thinking the Latter is good for Melee, mostly because the only other Snare I have is an AOE which needs to be layed down, which sucks. However x3 Concussion Charge might be good after a Choking gas and Adhesive Bomb followed by the normal rotation. I know I am probably not gonna get any good answers because No one PvPs with Sabo ._.

Edit: The Adhesive/Choking Gas if for Casters.
    Last edited by Naethir; 11-01-2011 at 09:22 PM.
    Naetharion-Warrior of Wolfsbane
    "Basically when you're a Warrior you just look at everybody like they're a piece of Sh*t."-Gearbreaker
    Lambpasta-Mage of Wolfsbane
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

The trouble with sabo is setup time and the fact that your charges can be cleansed makes it close to useless if fighting situationally aware opponants in fights 10 vs 10 and under.

If you luck upon a situation where they can't or won't cleanse, the biggest impact you'll have in larger battles revolves around AoE spike damage, AoE snares and AoE silence.

I see that, but the last 3 match i have had rogues sneak up on me, while I am AOEing and have no blast charge or Concussion charge on my bar.. I wish the only other snare I have didn't need a ramp up to be effective.
    "Basically when you're a Warrior you just look at everybody like they're a piece of Sh*t."-Gearbreaker
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

;_;

I tried sabo pvp over the port scion weekend.

It really really sucks.

After spending like 20 plat, http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...fEdtkkRz.Vhx.M is what I had the most success with.

You stick to your group. If you are alone, you WILL get *****. You have less survivability than an Assassin. Sab doesn't do enough damage by itself. If you are feeling stupid you can try to use shrapnel charges on a group of people. You can easily kill yourself this way thanks to warlock armor/that ****ing electric charge thing.

Basic rotation for trying to burst someone down: Time Bomb>5 Blast Charge>Annihilation Bomb>Detonate>Fragmentation Bomb>(Time Bomb goes off at this point). Rinse and repeat. Use Rapid Setup and throw in another Blast charge and detonate before they heal/pop shields. This spec is hilarious on cocky healers/warriors who let their health go way down before reacting. Landmines make bunnyhoppers cringe.

Interesting hunch that is backed up with no data and really just jaded cynicism: Rapid Fire shot is either bugged or purposefully nerfed when used with sab. It does a lot less damage at 5 points than if I had just specced only 12 points in marksman.

Things of lesser interest:
    -My problem with sab is that a lot of skills from other trees work shoddy with it. You don't know what works and what doesn't if you don't piss away the plat to try it out. For example, in 1.4 Nimble Fingers and Ambidextrous didn't stack. Now they do. Penetrating Shots doesn't work with sab skills. But Killing Focus in Ranger does.

The way the game calculates how charges and Time Bomb do damage is weird. If you have a buff active on you and apply your charges/time bomb and detonate/bomb goes off WHILE the buff is still active, you get the increased damage from the buff. If you apply your charges/time bomb while the buff is active but detonate/bomb goes off AFTER the buff fades, you don't get the benefit. Works the same with all bombs too.

In other words, buffs aren't attached to your skills. They are attached to you. I have not had a chance to test this yet, but if you use the bladedancer skill blade tempo and then impale someone, if blade tempo gets purged impale loses the 30% damage increase.

I know this isn't much info, but good lock on your journey.

You masochist.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchikomatic View Post
    ;_;

I tried sabo pvp over the port scion weekend.

It really really sucks.

After spending like 20 plat, http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...fEdtkkRz.Vhx.M is what I had the most success with.

You stick to your group. If you are alone, you WILL get *****. You have less survivability than an Assassin. Sab doesn't do enough damage by itself. If you are feeling stupid you can try to use shrapnel charges on a group of people. You can easily kill yourself this way thanks to warlock armor/that ****ing electric charge thing.

Basic rotation for trying to burst someone down: Time Bomb>5 Blast Charge>Annihilation Bomb>Detonate>Fragmentation Bomb>(Time Bomb goes off at this point). Rinse and repeat. Use Rapid Setup and throw in another Blast charge and detonate before they heal/pop shields. This spec is hilarious on cocky healers/warriors who let their health go way down before reacting. Landmines make bunnyhoppers cringe.

Interesting hunch that is backed up with no data and really just jaded cynicism: Rapid Fire shot is either bugged or purposefully nerfed when used with sab. It does a lot less damage at 5 points than if I had just specced only 12 points in marksman.

Things of lesser interest:
    -My problem with sab is that a lot of skills from other trees work shoddy with it. You don't know what works and what doesn't if you don't piss away the plat to try it out. For example, in 1.4 Nimble Fingers and Ambidextrous didn't stack. Now they do. Penetrating Shots doesn't work with sab skills. But Killing Focus in Ranger does.

The way the game calculates how charges and Time Bomb do damage is weird. If you have a buff active on you and apply your charges/time bomb and detonate/bomb goes off WHILE the buff is still active, you get the increased damage from the buff. If you apply your charges/time bomb while the buff is active but detonate/bomb goes off AFTER the buff fades, you don't get the benefit. Works the same with all bombs too.

In other words, buffs aren't attached to your skills. They are attached to you. I have not had a chance to test this yet, but if you use the bladedancer skill blade tempo and then impale someone, if blade tempo gets purged impale loses the 30% damage increase.

I know this isn't much info, but good lock on your journey.

You masochist.
    Thanks for the tip, now I can rework the build, didn't know Penetrating shots didn't work with it. And for all the cool style of play, I think if they added an On-hit damage component for Charges that would help significantly.
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

I think you guys are overthinking it... stick with the pve bulid.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...EdxkoR.0VMcxcb

You'll get a break free type ability from assassin.

For healers:

5x shrap - snare bomb under them - silence bomb under them - detonate - then dps depending on where their health is, repeat if necessary with carpet bombing. Annhilation bomb is a stun, use it as an interrupt or just to stun when appropriate. Spreading spike or blast sounds good, but in game the range is too short. Just use it for the stun.

It'll make their life miserable. Just keep at it, with constant aoe damage and the silence/snare even if you don't get the PK you're helping your team a ton.

For when carpet bombing isn't up - just put a silence bomb under the healer anways, they'll instictively start kiting which reduces their healing without needing to silence. Thing about all healers is to keep them moving, you can't let a healer plant - they'll start throwing out aoe heals or healing invocations.

For dps:

Don't really, find a healer. Anyone who raises their hand in the air just casted a heal, target them - or just 5x shrap spam dps if they're stacked together.

For warriors:

Run - just refuse to fight them, you'll die a lot as a sab.

Snare charges suck, I wouldn't bother. Sab is good for the silence bomb, aoe stun with annihilation bomb and charges for spike. Snare bomb is just to make sure the healer doesn't run out of the silence.
    Last edited by Mayi; 11-01-2011 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naethir View Post
    Thanks for the tip, now I can rework the build, didn't know Penetrating shots didn't work with it. And for all the cool style of play, I think if they added an On-hit damage component for Charges that would help significantly.
    If they made it so you could detonate 40-50 meters and even if the target would be LOS it would help significantly. Spent lots of time attaching charges to people at max range only for them to run away and I end up doing nothing at ALL.

first off what rank are you? sab really isn't viable for PVP until R8 sadly. At R8 it can be fun but you do die a lot. With near 1k AP bombs do hit for a good amount. Issue is even at R8 you are still mostly stuck blowing up low rankers.
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke View Post
    first off what rank are you? sab really isn't viable for PVP until R8 sadly. At R8 it can be fun but you do die a lot. With near 1k AP bombs do hit for a good amount. Issue is even at R8 you are still mostly stuck blowing up low rankers.
    I can usually hit one rank every weekend. Currently R5. I will hit R6 this sunday most likely. And I already figured I'm not gonna have fun on the way to R8. I have accepted that fact, unlike most people have.
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Naethir View Post
    I can usually hit one rank every weekend. Currently R5. I will hit R6 this sunday most likely. And I already figured I'm not gonna have fun on the way to R8. I have accepted that fact, unlike most people have.
    I got some good footage last night of my sab build ill try to get my video up soon
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke View Post
    I got some good footage last night of my sab build ill try to get my video up soon
    Much appreciated. :>
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

Update: I just wanted to let you know I moved some points around from Uchikomatic's build, so I can get the snare from Ranger in case of emergency. I had a great time with it even only being rank 8, causing trouble for healers with stuns and Adhesive/choking gas combo, and since I have great Eagle Eye skills I saw warriors targeting me a mile away and just pre-kited/ran away until they were focused down and killed. I netted some kills with the AOE as well which was nice. Sometimes I would send my pet to harass Clerics who were trying to run away and drink. Overall I hope to perfect my use in the spec, and thanks to those who bothered to help me.
    "Go Squirrel Crazy!"

+ Reply to Thread