+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: PTS Warrior AOE Threat > PTS Rogue AOE threat Hard

RIFT Guide Writer

Default PTS Warrior AOE Threat > PTS Rogue AOE threat Hard

Alright, jumped on the PTS and compared threat with our warrior tank.

Out of only using AOE threat abilities and getting a 5 second headstart I was losing threat almost instantly. This was even me starting with Guarded steel before beginning my threat on the target.

Warrior had 2 10 second cooldown skills that generated a VERY high amount of aoe threat (Sweeping Strikes and I forgot the other one). Even after getting this initial threat (meaning he needs 130% of my threat to obtain agro), he was getting agro within 5 seconds. I'd start with Shadow Blitz / Rift Disturbance & before even needing to refresh my planar vortex I was losing agro.

As far as Single Target threat goes, they appeared to be fairly similar. We both couldn't pull threat off each other (meaning if I started and did maximum ST threat he would not get agro and viceversa).

I agree that warriors needed better AOE threat generation but on the PTS it's atleast 2 times are better than rogue AOE threat atm. This is getting pretty frustrating tbh, you'll have to manually taunt or just do Single Target threat on 1 mob while a warrior will have threat on everything else just like it was pre 1.5 for us rogues.
    Last edited by Muffin911; 11-01-2011 at 06:51 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

That's because we have bard as a soul, and therefore everything else we do should be 1/2 the effect of a warrior

Warriors and Rogues playing leap frog with aoe threat, least you get a go sometimes, Justicars have never been able to grab aoe threat unless people are taking damage.

Sweeping Strike and Promise of Steel, muffin.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Shadowlander

my rogue cant do everything in one spec. therefore warriors are OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurieg View Post
    That's because we have bard as a soul, and therefore everything else we do should be 1/2 the effect of a warrior
    pretty much this

Rift Disciple

Heals and Support? Check.
    Highest Ranged DPS? Check.
    Highest Melee DPS? Check.
    Tanking at least equal to skilled Warriors? Check.

So where in this are you guys getting the shaft?

Quote Originally Posted by Booface View Post
    Tanking at least equal to skilled Warriors? Check.
    hahaha what

Prophet of Telara

Congratulations. Rogue tanks are different than warrior tanks! They excel in areas warriors are weak in, while warriors excel in areas rogues are weak in.

thank god they have good aoe threat, now they may be able to hold adds when it counts!
    -Smarted the Awesome

Well it's probably better for warriors to have better aoe threat. Not trying to be whiney here when I say this but, I've noticed rogues right now have better aoe threat, and not enough damage mitigation to stay alive. Better to go on the warrior.

Unless rogues get better mitigation, you probably won't want better aoe threat.

Sweet, the one thing riftstalkers had over warriors is now given to warriors. How about you just give warriors deflect rating and rift guard while you're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by RageHulkSmash View Post
    Sweet, the one thing riftstalkers had over warriors is now given to warriors. How about you just give warriors deflect rating and rift guard while you're at it.
    Don't think that's fair - rogues for the longest time had the worst aoe threat out of all tanks. It wasn't until 1.5 that rogues pulled ahead, now it's just going back to warriors.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Don't think that's fair - rogues for the longest time had the worst aoe threat out of all tanks. It wasn't until 1.5 that rogues pulled ahead, now it's just going back to warriors.

jesus you whiney kids, its not about who's better at what... its if you are adequate enough to fulfill your role.

If your AoE threat is broken - whine about that. As it stands your AoE threat is great.... so why whine?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunsocks View Post
    They excel in areas warriors are weak in,
    such as?

This change doesn't really bother me in the slightest. They seem to be changing the system to where threat is no longer that difficult to keep, and it is only in keeping with the game's style that warrior is the easiest class to play.

also:

Highest Melee DPS? Check.
    lol
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast