+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Pure Damage MM in PVP

Default Pure Damage MM in PVP

just curious on peoples opinions since I don't really play MM much. If you were R8 and had to pick the highest possible damage output without caring at all about survivability what would you choose?
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

I'd take 51mm14rng1rs with pve gear.
    I normally pvp as 51/10/5 mm/inf/rs, wth 4 piece hk bonus, though. can keep ~800 valor this way and 6.5k hp self buffed, so it has some defence.

You can get by without vampiric munitions since everyone else spams fan out with it.
    Last edited by Adnoz; 11-01-2011 at 05:30 PM.

(Gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    I'd take 51mm14rng1rs with pve gear.
    I normally pvp as 51/10/5 mm/inf/rs, wth 4 piece hk bonus, though. can keep ~800 valor this way and 6.5k hp self buffed, so it has some defence.

You can get by without vampiric munitions since everyone else spams fan out with it.
    I don't PVE at all so it would be purely with PVP gear
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke View Post
    I don't PVE at all so it would be purely with PVP gear
    As he said the 51 mm 14 ranger 1 RS, surv is pretty low its like a glass cannon and i would focus on PvE rotations and ST dmg with some LF hits, think damage is good if not seen.

alright ill give it a shot thanks

Ascendant

You'll be okay defensively with that build so long as you maintain maximum range (you have plenty of tools including Shadow Shift to do so); however, you are INCREDIBLY weak to Assassins in particular and due to lack of Break Free among the usual squishy MM issues, if you are lured into a situation where you can be melee'd, don't expect to live.

Not that it makes it a bad build; just emphasizing the fact that you cannot take liberties with it.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    You'll be okay defensively with that build so long as you maintain maximum range (you have plenty of tools including Shadow Shift to do so); however, you are INCREDIBLY weak to Assassins in particular and due to lack of Break Free among the usual squishy MM issues, if you are lured into a situation where you can be melee'd, don't expect to live.

Not that it makes it a bad build; just emphasizing the fact that you cannot take liberties with it.
    its more of a damage test than anything.. i honestly don't care for MM much.. just hate standing still in PVP but since I hit R8 was curious how much damage I could get out from range

Ascendant

It's a pretty delicious amount of damage. Keep up Shadow Fire and Head Shot bonuses and get ready to pew Rapid Fire Shot the moment you hit 5 combo points, such that the enemy suddenly gets hit with 6 attacks at once. Drops most people.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

its more of a damage test than anything.. i honestly don't care for MM much.. just hate standing still in PVP but since I hit R8 was curious how much damage I could get out from range
    I'd say 51MM/15Sin. You get +15% damage out of stealth on top of 10% damage on crit. I don't see the point in going down ranger. The 5 points in the third tier are completely wasted, and the only bonus you get is from Shadowfire, which is almost matched by the 10% on crit from Assassin.

I roll 44/6/16 MM/Rng/RS

If I wasnt worry about survivability at all . . . 51/10/5 MM/RS/Sab just to maximize AP for EM.
    Repine

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrave66 View Post
    I roll 44/6/16 MM/Rng/RS

If I wasnt worry about survivability at all . . . 51/10/5 MM/RS/Sab just to maximize AP for EM.
    em doesn't scale with ap
    Last edited by Adnoz; 11-01-2011 at 06:56 PM.

(Gear)

Plane Touched

44MM/ 7 Rng / 15Inf
    Don't think it will show off if your using targeting dummies, but nice DPS on players.

Ranger:
    +5% Crit Chance
    +4% Damage

Inf (up to 26% dmg boost + crit dmg boost + armor pen + Break Free + Cleanse Soul):
    10% armor penetration
    +10% crit damage boost
    +6% damage boost to players
    30% chance per attack to apply +2% damage buff on target (stacks up to 10 times)

Only hard part is deciding which MM abilities to give up.
    I gave up Repelling Shot, Improved Repelling Shot, Static Shot, & only put 2 points in Penetrating shot.
    Not sure 2/5 Penetrating shot is the right call, but hey had to pull something.
    This is total glass cannon with no KB or slow or Immob, so you will be relying on your speed, jumpback, and VM procs to stay alive....oh yea and healers or drinks.

Sword of Telara

I use 51MM 15RNG. 1 point souls are stupid. And I can raid and PVP in the same spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
    I use 51MM 15RNG. 1 point souls are stupid. And I can raid and PVP in the same spec.
    not really sure if trying to get off shadow fire is the best idea in PVP. I dunno Ill try it. The 44MM/ 7 Rng / 15Inf looks like it should do well also

Sword of Telara

not really sure if trying to get off shadow fire is the best idea in PVP. I dunno Ill try it. The 44MM/ 7 Rng / 15Inf looks like it should do well also
    Shadow Fire has a 40 meter range when spec'd right.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast